Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Donor Conception General Chatter #8

all the best with the trigger joy - I'm going offline for a few days had some terrible family news and will probably be heading back to adelaide this week.. take care of yourselves and your loved ones

Joy,

So glad that your follies had a growth spurt! Just looking at the time - your trigger would have been an hour ago. Hope everything continues to go well!

Tarkine,

So sorry that you have received this news. I'm sending all my best wishes to you.

Futuremum,

You are definitely welcome! Let us know if you are following the donor path.

Hello Miss MinnieMouse!!

Blizz,

The club is also running strong in the Sydney chapter. DH has viral bronchitis, my throat is also filled with razors, I'm coughing and my ears are bubbling. Grrrr - I am really over this!

However I had the call from the IVF clinic to book in, so I will be fixing this up on Monday.

Take care all!
    Last edited by Caramello; September 14th, 2008 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Spelling

woo-hoo on the IVF start Gargy, I am really excited for you

tarkine sorry to hear that you are facing sad news, take care of yourself and your little family
    love to everybody else, will be back soon still feeling a tad lousy

Tarkine - Sorry to hear your have received bad news.... look after yourself

Well had my trigger last night. I think DH put the needle in too far cos my stomach is sooo sore where he did the injection! I have to be at clinic at 7.30am tomorrow and then collection will be at 8.30am and should be able to come home at bout 10.30am. Will let you know how it goes... Hoping they get some good little eggs....

to everyone

Tarkine - so sorry for your bad news..take care..

Joy - BEST of luck for tomorrow...enjoy the happy juice...

Gargy - so when are you starting love?? long cycle or short one?? ie: spray or lucrin needles vs antagonist needles...too confusing for an IVF virgin huh?

Blizz - feel better ...so much sickness still around..hopefully this warmer weather will zap it outta here.

Hi Everyone

Well egg collection went very well!! I was so nervous when I went into theatre cos I have never been under anaesthetic before!
    My follies must have grown over the last few days cos they ended up with 10 eggs!! They actually got 11 but one of them did not look too good so 10 it is!! So glad most of the hard work is over for me!! So we find out tomorrow how many have fertilised... fingers crossed we get good results!
    I am just going to relax on the couch for the rest of the arvo... feeling pretty good just a little crampy....

Chat to you all soon

Fantastic news Joy! Have everything crossed for you.

Minnie Mouse - have booked in for the 29th Sept. Reading the chart, I start with provera (Briggy's Girl warned me about the side effects! - I have already warned DH!). They have Agonist, Lucrin injection as well as Synarel nasal spray all in the one bracket, so I presume this happens together (?????) Yes, definitely feeling the IVF virgin!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your precious eggs Joy but 10 is a great result well done.
    I can't be a whole lot of help for you Gargy it seems so long ago that I went through the IVF cycle as all of the FET's that we had between Paige and this PG have been from the first batch.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to sweets that you grow a healthy crop of eggs
    well back to work for me tomorrow, it is a lot easier to face when you know that you are only 3 days away from being finished for good.
    have just tucked Paige in for the night DH has gone back to work for the first time since we started holidays on the 1st of September (not bad for only having to take 5 actual leave days, guess that is the bonus of working shift work)
    We are looking forwards to the fact that we will be at home when DH comes off shift rather than missing each other due to my work commitments.
    Paige seemed a little lost tonight, think she had started to get used to having dad around all of the time.
    We are getting our Laundry rennovated....yipeeeeeee, it is the one room in the house that won't change with the new rennovations (if we can ever afford to do them)
    SO not only am I getting a new laundry but a new dryer and front loader washing machine as well (which is bigger than my current one, just in time for even more washing)
    have picked and brought our tiles and picked the laminate colours for the bench top and cupboard doors, DH will start stripping the laundry ready for work when he gets back on Sunday arvo.
    I'll have to take a before and after picture I always tend to forget to do these things till it is too late.
    Well I am going to watch NCIS before I clean the kitchen and pack lunches so will be back another night.
    Night all, Allie B xxxxxx

Hey Blizz,

Must have been nice for all three of you to have some time together. No wonder poor little Paige is feeling a little lost!

Laundry renovations should be really great when they are done.

Hi everyone!

Not much to report here - we both still have this horrible cough - so bad I ended up with a bad headache last night.

I am feeling so very frustrated by it all.

Wow Joy - great news...am so glad things improved so much for you. Hope tomorrows call is a goodie and lots fertilised..

Gargy - you make me laugh. I remember way back when I started. Antagonist, Lucrin and Synarel - you will do one of these...not all 3. These stop ovulation. Then you will also take either Gonal F or Puregon - these are FSH which grow the follies..
    All very over-whelming for the first time...but you'll start to get it eventually. I thought it was all Japanese when I started.

Blizz - great news about the laundry - just love a new appliance..

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the well wishes!!! Well got the call this morning and out of the 10 eggs 2 were immature so we have 8 and out of the 8 we have 7 that fertilised!! We are happy with this result! So now we find out on Friday if we go in for a day 3 transfer (which will happen on Friday) or we go in on Sunday for day 5 transfer. So hoping they grow big and strong!!

Still have some cramping so another day on the couch for me...

Chat with you all soon

That's great news Joy.

Sending growing dust your way!

Great news Joy...that's an excellent result....

Now...let's hope they all stick to the plan and grow nicely for you..

not staying for long just wanted to shout............................................. .................................................. .....2 MORE DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!roll on Maternity leave

ps Joy that is a great result well done sweets

Default Glad to be here (kind of)

Hi All, I'm a newbie although I've been following this thread for a few weeks now. I just want to say that when I'm despairing you all give me a great deal of hope (Especially Joy08 - you probably didn't know this!). My DH (35) and I (33) have been TTC to 12 months now and recently found out that he has no sperm (2 tests). I think you all know the emotions that follow that!?! We've had our first round of consults, counselling, etc at MIVF and now the sperm guru (doctor) still wants my DH to deliver a weekly sample for the next 5 weeks. We've gone from being told no chance, to maybe a chance, to again no chance after his FSH levels showed 26.9!, to maybe a chance, and to do some more tests, then probably a biopsy. We've also been advised by the doc to start making our way down the donor route simultaneously - which is a tough thing to get our heads around until we have a definitive 'no chance'.

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to get another counselling appointment for 5 weeks to start discussing the donor issues, which I think is why i've decided to join this forum. I need to talk about it and get a sense for what's in store, what the process is, what the considerations are. Do we start to put the feelers out for known donors (I think our preference), is there sufficient anon. donors in Victoria, how do you ask/choose one, how do you resolve all this against all the heartache?

I look forward to getting to know you all better over time.

Hi Lieve,

Yes, definitely remember the roller coaster of emotions that happen after you discover that DH has no sperm. Here's some hugs for you

Must be hard also not to have a definitive answer.

If you are going to go down the known donor path, then yes, I would start to put out feelers now.

Not sure what the situation concerning donors is like in Melbourne - your clinic will be able to tell you for sure.

It is hard, moving through the heartache, and some days will be better than others.

This is a great place to gain the support you need. Looking forward to chatting with you too.

Welcome Lieve to our little group, it is certainly a hard road to go down with many bumps in the road, and some times you feel like you hit the same bump over and over and over again.
    We have a brilliant support base here for people facing the donor option.
    like Gargy said you are more than welcome and I too send you some hugs I do know the devestating shock of finding out you have no sperm
    I wish you well on your journey and remember we are here to answer any questions that we can

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast