Thread: Ebay virgin seller - help!

Default Ebay virgin seller - help!

OK, just read that title and no, I'm not selling virgins on ebay

What I mean is I've never done it before and need to know - how do you set a reserve price for an item - if I want to list an item but don't want to sell it unless it reaches a certain price? For example I want to list an item but if it doesn't reach at least $20 then I don't want to sell it. Can you actually do this?

I know that you can start the bidding at $20 and that way you're covered, but is there another way? I always thought you could set a reserve but I can't see where you can do that when listing??

Hey Willow! Nup, you can't set a reserve price, you can only really start the auction at a price you are happy to get.

If you have any other questions, just ask, I have been selling on eBay for 3 years

OK cool, thanks Trish!!

Oooh - one more question. I have to accept paypal as payment now don't I? I've got a paypal account but have only used to to pay someone else, not receive payments - do I need to do anything about this?

You don't have to accept PayPal if you don't want to. I only accept bank deposit, money order or cash on pick up because you pay additional fees to PayPal if you receive a payment that way (the fees are pretty cheap though).

If you do want to accept PayPal payments you don't need to do anything, the payment will just come to your PayPal account. If you want to withdraw a PayPal payment into your bank account there is a $1 fee for amounts under $150 so you may want to keep that in mind when deciding whether or not it is worth using PayPal.

HTH

smiles4u Guest

Yes, TRISH is right there

... I'm the same as TRISH, I only accept bank deposit, money order/bank cheque or cash on pick up as payments

Beware of buyers with zero feedback as sometimes it might be someone out to play games on the system. They bid BUT don't pay for the item Yep, it's happened to me a few times. It's the chance you take OR if you can be bother - you can mention in your selling ad that you don't accept buyers with zero or no feedback. Up to you

I've had a couple of people with no feedback say they're picking up & paying cash only to waste my time & money & not turn up. Believe me my house is lovely so it's not that

ENJOY in selling, just take everything in as a learning experience too

... (Also feel free to ask me any questions )

Thanks for your help girls - finally got it listed! Only took me forever! LOL.

I took the paypal thing off - at first I thought it wouldn't let me and then I seemed to remember hearing they'd changed it so you had to accept it?? must have made that up!

Have about 5 other things to list so better get going with it before we go away!

Good luck Willow!