Thread: Endo help?

cassiopeia Guest

Question Endo help?

Hi there!
    My name is Cassie, I am 21 in a week and a bit.
    I'm not pregnant, but I am on here because I need some support and just want to talk to people who have/are going through the same thing I am.
    I have Endometriosis, I was diagnosed in August 2006 at just 19. My treatment was to firstly have a lap to cauterize the adhesions and a D & C, and use the pill (which I have been on since I was 15 because of irregular periods) to only have 3 monthly cycles. I have been fine with everything and take it a day at a time. But lately I have been having more bleeding than usual, I went to the doctor and he says the cells of my cervix are growing on the outer bit where they aren't supposed to be. Most probably caused by the pill which I use to treat my endo or it could be the early signs of cervical cancer or pre-cancer. How confused am I?
    I thought that being on the pill was supposed to help, now here it is causing more problems.
    Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen or was aware that this is a side effect, because I wasn't told and I didn't know.
    Also has anyone had a Colposcopy done before? whats it like? similar to D&C? or Lap?
    Thanks and Hello again!
    Hope someone on here can offer me some advice or something

Hi Cassiopeia

Sorry to hear about your endo I was diagnosed in March 05 and my biggest issue was that both of my tubes were supposedly blocked. I chose not to take any drugs including the pill (with blocked tubes didn't need it for contraception!) and just let my body sort itself out naturally. (Turns out it did as I conceived naturally!)

I'm afraid I can't answer any of your questions, other than maybe it is worth getting a second opinion and a pap smear and/or try a different brand of pill. Hopefully some of the other girls here will be able to answer your questions...

I hope you find some answers soon.

Take care.

cassiopeia Guest

Thanks gives me so much hope when I read of other women on here conceiving naturally, I know I definetly want kids. I'm just scared because I don't know what the other problem will mean for me. I am currently thinking of trying some chinese herbs, rather than the pill which is artificial, i think something natural may be better :s

I agree with the natural thing and saw a naturopath and tried some herbs and change in diet.
    A really good book to read about endo is "Endometriosis and Other Pelvic Pain" by Dr Susan Evans. It explains things really well from what endo is and various treatments right through to how to manage pain naturally, with diet etc.

cassiopeia Guest

Tah, thanks so much i will have to look at getting that book. I think knowing as much as you can about it goes a huge way to dealing with it and knowing what to expect.

hey cassie pm me i have some info for u

melanie1964 Guest

Hi,
    Im 44 and was diagnosed with endometriosis two and a half years ago. I think I must have had it since I started having periods at 16 years as I have always had period pain.
    I was told after my first laparoscopic investigation that one tube and one ovary were more or less 'useless'. I too started seeing a naturopath and was given lots of nutritional advice and was prescribed some supplements and herbs.

My second laparoscopy has revealed that there is no new endometriosis and what was there is now dormant. I am really pleased as you can imagine.

I understand that endometriosis does not really impact on a womans ability to conceive or implantation but there is some evidence to suggest endo affects the quality of the eggs.

This might be more critical for someone my age, 44 (with egg quality already compromised by my age) but I guess the younger you are the better your chances.

I would also recommend the following web sites for info on endo by Marilyn Glenville.

Endometriosis and endometriosis symptoms

Hope this might be useful to you,
    all good wishes
    Melanie

cassiopeia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by YDI View Post
    hey cassie pm me i have some info for u
    Hi YDI,
    Thanks but I don't think I can PM anyone as I haven't made over 50 posts :s
    I would love any info you could provide me with, feeling very anxious and unsure of what to expect.

ok ill update my email in my profile for u lemme know if u get it!

cassiopeia Guest

YDI,
    I added my contact details onto my profile, as I can't see yours so if you want to provide me with some more info that would be great.
    Thanks