Thread: i'm not sure if my symptoms are endo?

Default i'm not sure if my symptoms are endo?

hi, i just found your site, it's very informative! I'm 25 and i've always had fairly regular periods. Has anyone ever had a muscular ache in their shoulder? I have had a ache in my right shoulder every month on the first day of my period (for about a year), then it goes away. the doc originally said it was blood that couldn't go anywhere, so it contracts like period pain in my shoulder. the last 2 mths it seems to come back a few days after my period ends, & lasts a couple of days. it's getting very annoying, and it gets to the point where i think i'm imagining it.
    i've also noticed for a little while, my periods ends after a few days like normal, then the next 2 days i get spotting.
    i've also had painful/uncomfortable intercouse generally for a week after my period ends, (in certain positions.) then it's fine.
    i'ts always felt uncomfortable, like cramping if ever i have to pass a bowel motion during my periods. i have been to see a few GP's over the last couple of years for the individual symptom, but it wasn't till my shoulder started playing up i thought of all the symptoms together. has anyone with endo had these symtoms i'm describing. i get a little period pain on the first couple of days but generally not that bad and panadol works. I'm off to my GP tomorrow but do i suggest endo. Or do i just explain my symtoms? thanks beau.

With my symptoms for endo all I had was painful periods which minimised when on the pill, and also painful intercourse. I never had anything in my shoulder and only knew I had endo because of a burst cyst.

Goodluck with the doctor, maybe just mention the symptoms for now.

Love

smelly Guest

I am presently being investigated for an ectopic pregnancy and my GP ask me if I had had any shoulder pain. Apparently some women get referred pain in their shoulder. If it can happen from inflammation relating to an ectopic, perhaps you can get referred pain in your shoulder from endo....?

Hi, went to see my doc who has booked me in for ultrasound, (to check my shoulder at first). she suspects endo. She said you can find endo spots that can occur anywhere in the body, a few people have bleeding of the lungs through this. lungs, legs, and armpits mainly. i'd never heard of this, but thought it was interesting, just shows it can affect people in different ways.