Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Metformin

Well 2nd day after my met break coz of being sick last week, and I am happy to report I am buzzing again LOL! And all BM's seem to be normal *phew* LOL sorry if TMI!

Will keep you posted how I am doing next week!

Good luck with your appt aw!

*hugs*
    Cailin

darrangela Guest

Default metformin

I have just been put on metformin 500mg a day for the first week or two, then i can go up to 500mg twice a day... i have had the diarahea? for the first few days.. nothing else major.. slight loss of appetite.. i have a BMI of over 30... i am hopeing to loose weight.. (otherwise i won't fit into my wedding dress! in oct) what is the rate for loosing like??

anyone wanna chat, msn me at [email protected]

aw Guest

Hi darrangela

I have been on metformin for a month now and have not lost anything, but the thing I do find amazing is that I have not put any on. This is particularly amazing because I have always been able to put it on sooooo easily, and I went on holidays for Easter, which ended up being a 4 day full on blow out on junk food!! Before metformin, I would have put on say 3 or 4 kgs from that, and not been able to lose it, but this time I have stayed right where I was. I'm not advocating having a good ole pig out like that, but being easter and on holidays with a bunch of 'skinnies' that just ate and ate was all too hard for me after 9 months of toiling to lose only 6 kgs!!

I don't know if that helps much!!

AW

Hey ladies, its been a long time since I've chattedand everything is real good.

darrangela-I lost 30 lbs from taking Metformin(500mg) and starting a new meal plan. I went to see a nutritionist, at my request, and it has helped tremendously.

Most women with PCOS have insulin restistance and eating High Carbohydrates doesn't help the cause for weight loss.

So if you get a chance, talk with the your doctor about seeind a nutritionist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12