Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PCOS Support

hey darl. i couldnt get my results monday coz my d***head gyno decided to go for a holiday. so i have to wait till 10 this morning to get them... so these fsh injections, when do u have to do them? every day?? do you believe they are the reason you got pg?? and once again congrats!!!
    anyway ill post again after 10am and let u know how it goes..mwah

Me 20 DH 22

TTC #1 since March 2006
    Metformin (cancelled)

1st Cycle Comid

I OVULATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!! now just to wait and see if i get my period within the next week.. i kinda hope not.

Smile Omg Omg Omg!!!!

Congratulations that is fantastic news, i hope you and dh shagged like minx, not sure if your allowed to say that sorry if your not but YEAH!!!!!
    I hope you get a very soon have you decided when your going to test?
    I am so excited for you right now...
    neane

yeah i pretty happy it worked first time round. Today i am meant to be getting my AF but no show yet. So i decided im going to wait till atleast next thursday to get a test. My doc wants to see me on 12th march if AF still hasnt arrived.
    I would be pretty lucky if it all happened for me this cycle..thats pretty big luck, i dont think im quite that lucky.

Anyway, how are you doing???

for me...

Still no period....so i guess all i can do is wait. I have started feeling very tired and wondering if this could be a pregnancy sign?? Apart from that i feel ok, i havent been throwing up but feel a little ill. my temp is around 37 but do u get a bit of a high temp before AF??
    Im at the confused stage, just waiting and wondering. im still not getting my hopes up but seeming the doc said i did ovulate then i will be getting my period for sure?!? but then again because i have PCOS, god knows whats going on.
    If im not pregnant this time i feel like i should be giving up. dont know why, prob just coz im really tired atm and feeling kinda down.
    So fingers crossed for me girls..my next post will be that i have my period or i have discovered i am pregnant, which one will it be??? anyway take care all of u and i will speak soon xox

ME 20 DP 22

1st clomid cycle --- waiting for AF to arrive
    TTC #1 2 years

Default omg its a BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg. i took 2 pregnancy tests yesterday and 1 this morning. they are all POSITIVE. omg..im still in shock that clomid worked the first time. On Monday i will book in for a blood test to confirm everything..but wow omg!!
    Thank you all for the baby dust and well wishes, im now convinced praying does work!!! take care all of you, and ill let you know how everything is going..love you all..Hollye

TTC #1 since 2006

ME 20 DP 22

Clomid - - 1st Cycle "o"..and successful!!!!

Smile

Awesome News Holly!!!!!! Way to go!.

All the best!

Smile Omg Omg Hollye

CONGRATULATIONS I JUST READ YOUR POST FROM THE OTHER DAY AND THEN SAW YOUR GREAT NEWS!!!! OMG I am so happy for you darlin how excited are you!!!!!!!

xoxoxoxooxoxox

i told you it was your time for a miracle!

Miss ya!

thanks everyone. I had my blood test the other day and it confirmed everything. this is actually happening now. how is everyone else doing??

ME 20 MATT 22

Expecting #1 31st October 2008

send some my way!!!

Last edited by [M]umma[M]ia; February 27th, 2008 at 09:07 AM.

Default PCOS

Hi- I am new to this forum. Was diagnosed with PCOS at the end of last year.
    My hubbie and I are planning to start a family at the end of the year. I have been seeing a chinese accupuncturist and herbalist for 2 months now, to prepare my body for getting pregnant. I have been charting my BBT for almost 2 cycles now and the temps are very irregular, which leads me to think I may not be ovulating. I guess it's only a matter of time before I find out if this is the case.
    Just have a few quick questions- 1. What does everyone think about accupuncture and Chinese medicine with assisting in getting pregnant?
    2. Are we wise to wait until the end of the year to try to conceive? Or is leaving it longer damaging our chances of conceiving?
    Getting a little stressed reading about all of the PCOS posts... it's scary to have no control over your body...

Hey hun and welcome.
    I also have PCOS and I am now 6 weeks into my pregnancy. I was ttc for just over 2 years and fell pregnant on my first cycle of clomid.
    I have heard the chinese accupuncturist and herbalist can be good for regulating your cycles but i have never been to one.
    I was very slack when it came to checking my temps. So theres not too much i can tell you about them, except when ur pg they seem to be higher than usual. Maybe check out firtility friend its a great site that helps you chart your temps to work out if your ovulating.
    If you want to wait till the end of the year to start ttc then thats totally up to you. But us who have PCOS dont find it too easy to fall preg, so if you started trying now you still might not be pg by the end of the year. Its alllll up to you.
    Dont see PCOS as scary, i seen it more as a wakeup call to get my health back on track etc. We are all here to chat when ever you need to chat. Any questions you have about PCOS i would be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

I wish you all the luck in the world take care xox - Hollye-

Smile hi and welcome angelzzz

Welcome to the site, I think you need to do what feels right for you and your hubby, you can also speak to a gynaecologist about your concerns of are you ovulating or not. Unfortunately with my pcos I did not ovulate naturally nor with the use of clomid and went on to use fsh injections which as you can see was really successful. I like the idea of using a chinese herbalist and acupuncture it is probably a more natural way of doing things. The other consideration and this is not to scare you is that as us woman get older our fertility begins to decline, by the time we hit our 30year mark is like the beginning of a reduction in the chance of falling pregnant this means that we are not as fertile as were when we are at age 20yrs. There are many fantastic information sites here on belly belly to read all about this too. I hope i haven't freaked you out to much.

Hey holly how are you pregga's lady doing. neane.

Default Thanks

Thanks for the encouragement. It can get a little lonely when you're dealing with this sort of thing, you don't really think it'll ever be you going through it.. Great to know there are other people who we can all talk to about it and from what I can see many people do have success with conceiving etc. My sister also has PCOS and has 4 year old Twins and another little baby, so I'm not completely freaking out yet, but I do want to stay informed and know about everything I can do to increase my chances... Until then I'll keep reading through the posts and will keep track of all of your progress....

By the way I have 2 questions:

1. Can anyone recommend a great Gyno in Melbourne, close to CBD?
    2. Can anyone recommend a naturopath?

My gyno is crap and I'm looking for a new one, who can help me deal with my PCOS...

THANKS

hey,
    sorry i cant recommend anyone from melb coz im not from there.

neane, pregnancy is going well. My doc did all the necessary blood tests and they all came back fine, he said my hormones are going up nicley. Had an appointment with my midwife yesterday and she doesnt want to see me again till im 13 weeks coz she said everything is going just fine. These past few days i have been feeling abit off with the nausea and everything, but hey, its all worth it in the end.

Hows your pg going??

Take care all xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

ME 20 MATT 23

TTC with PCOS - March 06 -

Expecting #1 31st October thanx 2 CLOMID

Unhappy Omg I Am So Sick Of Being Sick

Hey Holly does the title let you know how i am going... I know i shouldn't complain and I know around the seven week mark the baby/fetus/peanut is doubling in size the hormones are going right out of wack and i feel sick 24/7. Had my first scan yesterday afternoon and have a pic my gynae didn't turn the sound on so we didn't hear the heartbeat but everything is great good position and all that stuff. he wants to see me at 10 weeks for any bloods that i need to have done rescan, then i have to go back at 12 weeks and they look for any signs of down's syndrome, apparently they do this for all women now. Fruit tingles are a god send because they make me burp and i feel better for a few minutes.

Default I know how u feel...

hey darl,

Aww i know how you feel about the whole sickness thing. Im over it already These past couple of days i have begin to feel extreamly s***. I havent had a scan yet coz the doc said i wouldnt be able to see anything anyway. I wanted to have a scan tho. Yeah i have to have the down sydrome blood test at 10 weeks and the ultrasound at 12 weeks. It is something they all do now. I just kinda wish they would let me have an early scan. Apart from that everything seems to be going just fine. My doc told me that my PCOS wont have any affect on the pregnancy as it just affects the "getting pregnant" part. So that was some good news. Did u have the routine blood and urine tests done?? the one where they test for everything from infection to HIV?? didnt realise there would be so much testing, lol..

I have gone off a few things. I hate anything that has any salt in it lol..

anyway take care and ill talk to you soon xoxox
    Last edited by [M]umma[M]ia; March 8th, 2008 at 08:03 PM. Reason: written things in twice

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast