Thread: Pregnant with PCOS..how do I know how far along I am?

hkgrl7 Guest

Default Pregnant with PCOS..how do I know how far along I am?

Hi everyone-This is my first post here and I just found out that I am pregnant yesterday! I was diagnosed with PCOS about two years ago when I went off the pill and did not ovulate at all for 3 months (I went back on the pill after that). I have been on Metformin off and on and I stopped taking the pill approx. 6-7 weeks ago.. I think that I ovulated approx. 2-2 1/2 weeks ago when I had a sharp pain in my right ovary but my question is.. how can you tell approx. how pregnant you are when you have PCOS and your cycles are not regular? The reason I really want to be sure is that I just moved to Australia with my partner and our overseas medical insurance has a waiting period of 10 months and won't cover maternity benefits until June 1, 2008- needless to say it's VERY tight. I can't believe this..my doctor told me that I would most likely have a lot of trouble getting pregnant..I'm still in shock but excited of course and I would appreciate any advice you could give me-Thanks!!

Hi,

I think the best thing would maybe be asking your gp for a ultrasound to determine how far along you are

I also have pcos and am 7 weeks pregnant but i had regular cycles so i knew when my last period was

Hope that helps

hi hkgrl7

i wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy.

i am sure they will be able to ascertain approx how far along you are from a few tests as rurumummy said.

best of luck with your pg!!

hkgrl7 Guest

Thanks so much for your advice, I'm heading to the Dr. today!!!

Congrats on your pg! I hope everything went well at the dr today. They will be able to tell you how far you are from an u/s. Best of luck!