View Poll Results: Which brand of baby formula do you use?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nan

17 19.54%
  • Karicare

14 16.09%
  • S26

40 45.98%
  • SMA

0 0%
  • Infasoy

1 1.15%
  • Home/chemist brand

0 0%
  • Other

15 17.24%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Brand of Baby Formula Do You Use?

We were using Karicare Sensicare, but now that Zander has been diagnosed with reflux we are using the Kariacre AR formula.

We ended up changing to S26 because Zander wasn't gaining weight on the Karicare ones.

Heinz -baby seems to like it - I had tried a couple before we settled on Heinz one S26, NAN, and the Amcal chemist one - all disagreed with the baby - A friend reccommended I try Heinz (her baby is on it) so I did and he loves it =D>

I have used Lactogen for both of my children with my first baby my DS I started out breastfeeding but then decided to supliment a feed with a bottle and put him on S26 Gold but hw had some issues with reflux I then put him on Lactogen and he was just fine he thrived on it and so did my duaghter and it is about $12 cheaper too so that was just an added bonus.

We have Blake on S26 because at the time he needed formula I only needed sachets and it was the first one I saw on the shelf!

we put ethan onto S26 from the word go. no real reason why besides all my sisters bought it for their kids

OK, when Kat was born, they tried to comp her with Pedi something or other. She screamed the house down and stiffened up so bad they had to call the paed as they thought she was fitting. They tried her on Karicare and she gulped it down. So when I got her home, we put her on Karicare HA-AR (she had reflux and my milk went south due to pain. Have since found out that my milk quality is poor so whilest they get a lot quickly, they get hunry again within an hr). Once she was on the 6-12m.o we tried her on Heinz and she liked that too, but it didn't agree with her reflux. At around 12m.o she had gastro virus and developed lactose intolerance so we were prescribed Karicare sensitive lactose free. She hated it so as soon as gastro went and tummy settled we slowly weaned her back onto heinz. Then onto plain cows milk which is all she has now. Jess, she started on heinz, then got sick and went into hosp at 23days. She had S26gold and liked it. Came home and back onto heinz, then we had tins of the Karicare lactose free left over so we started jess on that (we had repeat scripts left over and so we got it VERY cheap). She likes it and has been gaining weight nicely so we kapt her on that. She is soon going back to heinz as we filled the last script and are almost out so..... But I have a feeling jess would drink whatever was offered (she drinks whatever kat leaves laying around in her bottles/sippy cups, be it juice, cows milk or water!).

We used SMA and that worked like a treat, better for Arden than S26 and Nan. He kept on throwing up the others for some strange reason.

Both my boys were on the Heinz Nurture-mum bought it (was the cheapest) and the kids went fine on it. I used to get it for $8.99 a tin at my local chemist!! Cheapest price i've ever seen!!

Cath78 Guest

Default NAN 1??? Can't find it anywhere!

My daughter has been on NAN 1 from the day she was born (mainly due to me not being able to feed her due to her medical conditions). It has been great and she has had no prob's with it. I have recently found it EXTREMELY HARD TO FIND! I looked in 5 different supermarkets and 3 chemists -finding and buying the last 3 tins they had in the last chemist. I have now see a NAN 1 GOLD (in addition to NAN 1 HA GOLD) in Woolworths for $19.99 which is $3 to $5 more expensive. I am assuming this is a NAN 1 'replacement'!
    Has anyone else had the same problem?

Because of a hormonal problem I had low milk supply from the word go... So I was onl able to ever get more no more then 30mLs from bf or expressing each time. Kiara was put on comp bottles from about 6 days old.

We originally had her on S26 Gold but found that she got extremely constipated on that one because of the increased iron... I then put her on Nan (which is now nan gold because of them changing design or something). Recently they told us that she is Lactose intolerant so she is on the S26 LF which has made not much difference at all.. i might go up to the shop now and try the Nan HA Gold 1...

Cath78 Guest

I also found the S26 LF didn't fix Chloe's constipation (did help her ezcema though!) My family/community health nurse (or whatever you call them) advised me that s26 fomulas are bad for constipation. She also said steer clear of any of the 'gold' versions of formula as they have high iron contents. Before we changed her to S26 LF she suggested Karicare or Heniz Nurture formulas.

Bonnie is on Neocate (prescription). I'd be interested to know if any other bubs are on it or have been previously?

We use Infasoy, as DD is dairy intollerant.

Aleise is on Heinze Nuture Gold Starter1 which is great. I've noticed a bit of diahhorea today though so should I give her a bottle of boiled water inbetween feeds JIC??.

I've seen NAN is all the chemists and believe it or not the chemists seem to be cheaper than supermarkets (I pay $15.00 for Heinze at Discount Pharmacies, at coles/bi-lo its $18.99!).

NewmumLou Guest

My Joshua is on NAN HA1 it is fabulous!

I use S26 Gold... only as that is wot they used for her in the special care nursery inhospital and didnt see the point in changing as she seems ok on it. Haent had any problems with constipation.. but dont know if that is because she does get 1 or 2 full feeds of breastmilk a day ATM. The midwives in the nursery claim that S26 Gold is the Rolls Royce of formulas... but I guess they would say that when they r feeding it to ur child LOL

I have Alxa on S26 Gold, she has been on this since birth, as due to her being Premature I never had enough milk supply & she was tube fed for the first 5 weeks anyway.....
    this was the formula they used in NICU, so I just kept her on it.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast