Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HPV Cervical Cancer Vaccine

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Here's some information for you.

It is a frustrating time when our young girls and women are being lined up and jabbed with a vaccine that has the potential to affect their future fertility - HPV (Gardasil) vaccine - and that may be the least of the problems. Anyone with a HPV infection (and they are common), who is given the vaccine risks immune system shutdown or autoimmune disease.

"Purpura vaccinatoria" - an abnormal immune system response has been recorded following vaccination with smallpox and other vaccines when the vaccine recipient is already incubating the same infection. They are not testing for wart virus infection prior to vaccination. In the trials for this vaccine they were careful to exclude anyone with a wart virus or who developed a wart virus infection. They chose women who were not likely to have more than one sexual partner, thereby minimising this risk. THIS IS AN UNKNOWN RISK FACTOR but when you read the reports already in from overseas you will see that once again vaccination is not rocket science, unless you equate it with the ones that explode and obliterate! Please pass on the following information and contact VISA for articles and flyers- From the governments own literature -

How safe is Gardasil?

"Your daughter may experience minor side effects such as redness, pain, swelling at the injection site and mild fever. (and the rest?)

She should not have the HPV vaccine if she is pregnant or if she has had a serious allergic reaction to yeast or any other vaccine components (aluminium phosphate, sodium chloride, L-histidine, polysorbate and sodium borate)."

*exposure to borax may impair fertility or cause damage to an unborn child. (there were 5 reported cases of babies born with congenital birth defects to women who had the vaccine within 30 days of becoming pregnant.

*aluminium is implicated as a cause of brain damage, a suspected factor in Alzheimers Disease, dementia, seizures, comas, allergic skin reactions.

* polysorbate is known to cause cancer in animals.

Imunise Australia literature also states -

* Cervical cancer is not common in Australia

* Most women who have HPV, slowly clear the virus naturally and do NOT
    develop cervical cancer

* (HPV) is so common that four in five people will have had genital HPV
    infection at some time in their lives. Most genital infections with
    HPV do not cause any symptoms and people do not know they have the
    infection. (* girls will not be screened for any HPV infection prior
    to vaccination)

On the subject of safety, as usual the promotional brochure that states "This information is correct as at March 2007", (re-enforcing my belief that carrier pigeons are exceptionally slow between the US and AUS) makes no mention of the myriad of adverse events already being reported at an alarming rate after 6 months of vaccinating in the US. See the NVIC website for the full story but -

“Out of the 385 individual GARDASIL adverse event reports made to VAERS, (Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting Sysytem) two-thirds required additional medical care and about one-third of all reports were for children 16-years-old and under, with nearly 25 percent of those children having received simultaneously one or more of the 18 vaccines that Merck did not study in combination with GARDASIL. NVIC is calling on the FDA and CDC to warn parents and doctors that GARDASIL should not be combined with other vaccines and that young girls should be monitored for at least 24 hours for syncopal (collapse/fainting) episodes that can be accompanied by seizure activity, as well as symptoms of tingling, numbness and loss of sensation in the fingers and limbs, all of which should be reported to VAERS immediately.”

"There are twice as many children collapsing and four times as many children experiencing tingling, numbness and loss of sensation after getting a GARDASIL vaccination compared to those getting a Tdap (tetanus-diphtheria-acellular pertussis) vaccination. There have been reports of facial paralysis and Guillain-Barre Syndrome. And doctors who give GARDASIL in combination with other vaccines are basically conducting an experiment on their young patients because Merck has not published any safety data for simultaneous vaccination with any vaccine except hepatitis B vaccine."(Barbara Loe Fisher)

Also -

* Merck only studied GARDASIL in fewer than 1200 girls under age 16 in
    pre-licensure trials

* Merck has not published any safety data for simultaneous vaccination
    with any vaccine except hepatitis B vaccine

* There were several VAERS reports of HPV infection, genital warts and
    cervical lesions after GARDASIL vaccination. It is unknown if the
    girls were infected with HPV before being vaccinated or if GARDASIL
    failed to protect them. One case of HPV infection occurred in a
    22-year-old girl who had participated in a Merck GARDASIL trial in
    2003 when she had shown "strong conversion to all 4 vaccine types"
    but "tested positive for high risk HPV" in 2006, according to the
    VAERS report.

“There have been estimates that fewer than 10 percent, even as low as 1 to 4 percent, of adverse events which occur after prescription drug or vaccine use are ever reported to government adverse event reporting systems.”
    "If only 1 to 4 percent of all adverse events associated with GARDASIL vaccination are being reported to VAERS, there could have been up to 38,000 health problems after GARDASIL vaccination in 2006 which were never reported," said Fisher. "How many girls are really having short-term health problems associated with getting this vaccine that could turn into long-term neurological or immune system disorders? And how many will go on to develop fertility problems, cancer or damage to their genes, all of which Merck admits in its product insert that it has not studied at all? We just don't know enough to be mandating GARDASIL for anyone, much less vulnerable 11 to 12 year old girls entering puberty."

http://www.nvic.org/

But wait! There's more!

"Diane M. Harper, a lead researcher in the development of the humanpapilloma virus vaccine, says giving the drug to 11-year-old girls "is a great big public health experiment." Not only that, she says it's not been tested for effectiveness in younger girls, and administering the vaccine to girls as young as 9 may not even protect them at all. And, in the worst-case scenario, instead of serving to reduce the numbers of cervical cancers within 25 years, such a vaccination crusade actually could cause the numbers to go up.

"It is silly to mandate vaccination of 11- to 12-year-old girls There also is not enough evidence gathered on side effects to know that safety is not an issue."

“HPV is not just spread through sex. We have multiple papers where that's documented. We know that 3-year-olds, 5-year-olds, 10-year-olds, and women who have never had sex have been found to be positive for the cancer-causing HPV types."

http://www.vaproject.org/

Thanks for your time.

Kathy Scarborough

Vaccination Information South Australia
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

There are a few issues that are raised by reading those exerpts Kelly posted...

My first one is that the vaccine is not designed to protect against all high risk strains, its only a very beginning... The only way to be protected is to have thorough pap smears regularly. And most GP's do not test for STD's as well when they do paps, there is a huge gap there in womens health.

Also, GPs are not being thoroughly educated in the use of Gardasil, people who are currently infected should not be immunised due to increased risk they are exposed to.

Also have to face the issue of cervical cancer not being linked to the majority of strains, only the high risk strains which can be cleared naturally. What I was advised was that the risk of developing cervical cancer is still increased up to 10 yrs post infection. The major point to this is that HPV is seen as having been present in a large number of cases of cervical cancer and so leads to a link whether its active or otherwise.
    I am part of a study where at my last appt my risk increases every year whether its present or not up to 10yrs, and I have a very high risk of developing cervical cancer because of how long I have had it.

Quote Originally Posted by S'rose View Post
    I am part of a study where at my last appt my risk increases every year whether its present or not up to 10yrs, and I have a very high risk of developing cervical cancer because of how long I have had it.
    Can you tell me anymore about this S'rose? I am interested because the first time I had HPV picked up was 8 years ago.

I had a chat to my Ob about the vaccine today at my 6 week appointment and she told me she didn't think I should get it because I'm in a monogomous relationship highly unlike to end. She told me this vaccine is really only going to be effective in girls who get this BEFORE they become sexually active - especially since most women have more than one sexual partner in today's society. Hmmm. When I asked about long term side effects she wasn't able to answer me. Interestingly, she thought that it was only free to those at school and not women in their 20's.

Great... my daughter has been offered this through her school and I signed the forms this morning and now I read this... I guess I can change my mind about it... she hasn't had a needle yet. Thing is she has had every other vaccination and I generally believe in them... I'm going to have to do more research... but it's so confusing... as always there are so many studies and reports and agendas... every vaccine has reported negative effects... I'm just so confused. Seems like I should just say no... it's not like it's life threatening... sure, it's cancer but there are so many ways to get cancer and it's not contagious and unlike the other diseases like smallpox won't result in a potential epidemic if we all refuse it. Am I being naiive? Am I being stupid? Damned if you do damned if you don't I think

Vaccine is safe, says creator

Reko Rennie
    May 22, 2007 - 5:12PM

Leading immunologist and Gardasil creator Ian Frazer says a cervical cancer vaccine is safe, despite five Victorian schoolgirls falling ill after they were immunised.

A Department of Health spokesman confirmed that up to five schoolgirls at Sacred Heart Girls' College in Oakleigh were taken ill after receiving an injection of Gardasil, a new cancer-preventing vaccine.

The immunisation protects against human papillomavirus, a sexually-transmitted infection which, if undetected, can lead to cervical cancer.

Gardasil was approved for use in Australia in June last year and is being rolled out in school vaccination programs around the country.

"They may have felt ill and dizziness soon after the immunisation, and in vaccinations such as this, these aren't unusual reactions," the spokesman told theage.com.au.

"We're not aware of a problem with this particular vaccine."

He said one child was being monitored but it was not clear whether her "ongoing issues" were due to the vaccination.

University of Queensland immunologist and co-creator of Gardasil, Professor Ian Frazer, said he doubted the girl's symptoms were caused by the vaccination.

"It doesn't sound like there's a plausible connection between the vaccination and what the girl described," he said.

"I don't know of any physiological or pathological connection that could produce that result."

The school's principal, Christopher Dalton, said 26 girls visited the college sick bay after the vaccination and five students were subsequently taken to Monash Medical Centre.

Professor Frazer said there was no reason to be concerned and it was common for young women to faint after receiving injections.

"It's not what's in the injection, it's the injection process itself and it's entirely avoidable just by having young girls lie down for a minute or two," he said.

"I would reassure people that yes, fainting can occur, but it's avoidable and it most commonly occurs in group vaccinations.

"It's not a phenomenon that goes with Gardasil, it's a phenomenon that goes with injections in general."

The health department spokesman said that when the vaccines were administered on May 7, "four or five girls were transported to hospital, but two were kept in overnight in observation and were allowed to go home the next day because they were OK".

"The overriding thing here is we've got a vaccine that is a cancer-preventing vaccine," he said. "I mean, that's got to be a good thing."

Mr Dalton, the principal, said the students' parents were notified and accompanied their daughters to hospital.

He said a further vaccination program is scheduled for June.

"The college is confident that this program of vaccination is safe to offer to students," he said. "We will be working with the Department of Human Services Victoria and the City of Monash Immunisation Services in the planning of this vaccination program."

Mr Dalton said parental permission is always sought for students receiving vaccinations.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!

Thanks for that Kel, saw it on the news as well... DD had the vaccination, no adverse effects, not even a sore arm although she said it hurt at the time. She reported a bit of mild mass hysteria as well: girls were crying in anticipation of the pain, said they felt faint, one girl tried to escape from the hall, a few screamed while having it done which was very disconcerting for the others waiting... my DD said she felt like telling them to 'get a grip' but thought that would be a bit mean. Anyway, there are 2 more follow up needles... hope the girls can relax a bit more for them. Also only 10 girls didn't have the needle out of 152 girls in my DD's year (year 7)... about 5 of those 10 are having it done at their GP instead.

FOr what it's worth - there is always a bit of mass hysteria at school vaccinations - when I did them we used to treat a lot of students (boys and girls) for this - and often before the vaccination was even given!

Hi I am a practcie Nurse and have been administering this vaccine since late last year. At the time it was between $120 - 150 per vaccinem, and women who want to be vaccinated outside the givt recommended age groups will still have to pay for this vaccine. The vaccine called gardisel protects you from 4 strains of the HPV virus including the one which causes genital warts. and yes, if you've had more than one sexual partner then you are unlikely to truely benifit from the vaccine....However if you are thinking about starting a new sexual relationship with a new partner it could be wise as a just in case senario. Typically boys carry the disease but can remain symptom free, they just pass it on, so ideally we should vaccinate school aged boys too. if HPV pl;ays up in their body they can get nasty cancers also - but much less common than cervical cancer. As for the effects on fertility, the vaccine is not designed to and unlikely to play with your fertility organs, remember it preventing the disease in the disease free individual - just like the vaccines we give our children, they have no bearing on fertility - that has been scientifically validified! (you will always know someone with a horror story). Hope this has helped a bit. Routine pap smears are still the recommended thing as early detection of any disease or abnormality is essential. Cheers Oie

Just wondering, what are the effects on breastfeeding women and children?
    I want to get it done after I've had bub, so not long now

Well why aren't the boys being done too??

In the UK it's given to all 14 year olds now. Because they're all going to sleep around and have multiple partners by the age of 17 so why not vaccinate them against something they're going to catch?

Sorry, just my take on the advertising here. I won't be getting it done nor will I allow my daughter to have unnecessary vaccinations. Regular smear checks are more important as viruses mutate so quickly and there are so many different strains a vaccination will be pretty useless, IMO. But the media and advertising have really put me off too!

I got it through school a few years ago... the student welfare teacher pretty much so made us get it, if you didn't get it she would get VERY cranky (that went for any vacs) lol she was a scary lady! I just got it, didn't really think about it much... what i've been thinking lately tho is they really didn't ask us many questions before we got it - I sat down, the nurse asked "are you pregnant?" i said "hells no" and she laughed and jabbed me. I was about 17/18 when i got it... what 17 year old is going to outwardly say "yeah sure I'm pregnant" if they are???

We only had one girl in my whole year that had a funny reaction... she fainted when she got it, but that was apparently because she hadn't had a needle in so long and she was really nervous, he body got a shock or something... it wasn't the nicest thing to see as we were all waiting to get the jab!!

We were the first lot to get it (at my high school), then they went through the rest of the years and now I think the start it in year 8... so thats like 14ish yr olds? that was just the school i went to, it might be different elsewhere.

As far as i know it only really works if you have had no sexual partners, so i guess that's why they are giving it to girls young...

hmm. I hope it isn't bad... I didn't realize I was a guinea pig!! Guess I shoulda done some reasearch

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Dammit - I can't find it now, I did a quick search and I cut out some articles recently.
    There have been reported cases of Guillain-barre syndrome which is an auto immune disease. Most patients recover, and the paralysis can be severe.
    I also noted that the GBS also came under the spotlight in 1976 when people were vaccinated against swine flu.

I'm in the middle of a work crap storm right now, I will find the info for you. There is plenty on google about how great it is, you will find a paragraph here and there about the side effects, they are now saying it is safer to stay at the dr's for 15 mins after the vacc.
    I developed GBS after receiving my annual flu shot when I was 10 (in 1992), I was fully immunised already (as I'm a brittle asthmatic). Recovered fully from the GBS, but the specialist who treated me and my GP gave Mum and Dad a list of vaccines to avoid in case I developed it again.

I asked my GP about the HPV shots and he didn't have a definite answer, but he didn't want me to get them. If I went back and talked to him again now, a year later, he might be able to elaborate further on his not wanting me to get the shots.

I didn't end up getting it - I've only had 1 sexual partner, and I only expect to have 1 sexual partner, so given the various risks and side effects I didn't think it was worth it. However my sister did get, I think because 'it's better to be safe than sorry'.

Different strokes for different folks I guess!

I haven't had the vaccinr and nor would I let my daughter have it if I ever had one.

Kelly xx

Kelly thaks for the link....i feel for that girl.

How many others are out there in the same boat

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123