Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unhappy about me , being me........

Default Unhappy about me , being me........

Ok, i can safely say i have been far from happy with my body since having my children. I'm depressed about my weight and my general over all appearence, i'm not happy within myself and i feel if i'm not happy within myself how can i expect anyone else to be happy with me . I know my DH loves me for me because he tells me everyday he loves me.....and for that i'm grateful.

So, i've taken the first step to get my pre-pregnancy weight back and have joined the lite'n'easy programme (start date 15th). For those of you who have done the lite'n'easy programme how did you go....how much weight did you lose ? How long did it take for the weight loss to begin once you started ? Are there any particular meals you recommend ? How long did it take you to get to your goal weight ?

I have also been looking into aqua aerobics and will be doing this twice a week.....I'm soooooooooo excited and i can't wait to have a slimmer,sexy ,healthier life!!!

good luck with your journey !!!!

wishing you all the best !!!!

Thanks Lea.... hopefully it will all be smooth sailing!!!!

How's little Nixon ?

good on you for doing something about it!! let us know how you go with it all?

Westy,

I so hear you on how you feel about your body...I fell very similar to you and it does not feel very nice!!

I did lite'n'easy a few yrs ago and it worked a treat! I agree with shannon on feeling hungry for the first 3 weeks or so, I was starving, but I am also a piggy! The dinner meals are quite small, but yummy, considering they're frozen dinners. I lost 9kg's in about 8wks. The only thing is when you finish doing it, you need to be prepared to be vigilent with your eating, and having small meals. Even calorie count if you can as you will put the weight back on if you don't. I was really good for a few months after it, but slowly the weight came back on because I got lazy .

Good luck!

Goodluck, I can't speak for weight lite'n'easy.

But I had my first aqua aerobics class last night & loved it. Not as easy as I thought it would be. I will too be going twice a week, it's a great workout...really works the arms. Have fun & hope you get the result you want.

I too have been a bit down about my appearance. Some other things I've done that make me feel great, got a new haircut, got a cleanser & toner, use that each night when DS is in the bath (makes me feel fresher), some "new clothes" LOL, love that part. I now make sure when I wake that I wash up, dress & moisturise, even before feeding DS. Then I don't sit around in front of the telly in my PJ's feeling gross like I used to.

Shannon...wow congratulations that's fantastic . I bet you felt really good for it too. I would love to follow in your foot steps & yes i too plan on taking my food with me if i should be out and about at a meal time. I am 100% commited nothing is going to get in my way....not even christmas!!!!

Gracie...thanks for your kind words and yes i will keep you all informed as to my progress.

Kellie......you are so right it's not a nice feeling at all, the sooner those feelings disappear the better. Congratulations on your 9kg loss that's fabulous. I know what your saying about being extra vigilant when the time comes to stop the lite'n'easy, i'm planning to slowly decrease the amount of lite'n'easy meals ...i will start the full seven day programme then when i have got to a certain point i will have seven days but maybe only lunch and tea from lite'n'easy and so on until i get down to one meal a day...ykwim!!!

Erin....glad to hear the aqua areobics classes are fun, i dont expect it to be easy but i guess after a while as our fitness improves it will become easier.
    New clothes sounds wonderful but that's half the problem...it doesn't matter what i wear i never feel good or look good in.

Thanks everyone for your support it really means a lot to me.

Hey Westy, I can't remember where you are but if your close, if you want to join a gym you could come with me. I go to Holland Park and it's really nice there and they have a pool with Aqua

Rachel......thanks so much that sounds like a great offer to me. What do you do with the kids when you go....do they have child minding facilities?

I'm at Springfield Lakes...not sure how far that is from Holland Park.

Ok , i've just checked where Holland Park is on whereis and it's 27minutes from where i am. Thanks heaps for the offer that was very kind of you but i think i might just stick with the gym that's 5 minutes from home for now but if i find that i'd like some company i will be sure to let you know.

Westy, I was doing the aqua at Springfield pool. It was quite good but then I got preg and sick and didn't go back. My poor jelly belly would probably appreciate it if I did go back but I can't leave bub for that long or I would join you. Good luck.

Sorry Westy, I wasn't ignoring you but I didn't get a notification of your reply????? That is a bit far, I understand!!!

Westy, best of luck with your lifestyle change...I'm sure it'll do wonders for you!! Be as strong as possible not to divert from the plan and you'll see results quickly I'm sure!

Thanks for your replies ladies,

Well next Thursday i'm starting on the lite'n'easy program too so i'm really excited about that....can't wait to kiss these extra kilos goodbye once and for all.

Artechim, if and when you do decided to go back to aqua at Springfield let me know and we can go together. Do you live closeby to Springfield ??

Hi Westy. I am in Camira.

Hey Westy! Do they have child-minding at the pool? What will you be doing with your boys if they don't?
    Sounds like something that could be good for me - except that then people would have to see me in togs, and that would just be plain scary for them! hehe...

Artechim....ok so your not far from where i am either.

Ali.....they are in the process of getting the child minding facility up and running should be soon i would imagine.
    Lol, about the togs !! I don't wear togs at all i wear boardies and a t-shirt.Let me know if your interested maybe we could go together.

i so feel the same its completely depressing especially with summer coming up... if i stop sucking my stomach in i look about 5 months pregnant, no exageration.... yuck.

i have a question for those that did lite n easy.... what did you do about your partners? did you cook just for him and you eat the frozen meal? im not sure how it would work, id be tempted to eat what i was making for him, kwim?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast