Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: discipline conflict...

paradise lost Guest

Phew, seeing it laid out like that, i feel even better about it. Thanks SJ. Like, yes, taken apart into it's bits and pieces i can still see the direction i wanted to take and how i got there. Does anyone else find this the most stressful bit of parenting - thinking about how today will impact on tomorrow and adjusting accordingly? I know i do!

Bx

nope, getting sleep is more stressful! Ask meagain when he's sleeping through, it may move up the stresslist then.

TBH, everything I do is aimed at making DS a man I will be proud to call my son. Of course, I'll always be proud to call him my son, so I win anyway, but you know what I mean. With that goal in mind, parenting philosophies and practices all fall into place... at the moment! Can't you tell he's not a toddler yet!

Quote Originally Posted by hoobley View Post
    Does anyone else find this the most stressful bit of parenting - thinking about how today will impact on tomorrow and adjusting accordingly? I know i do!

Bx
    Yep, me too! Thanks to discussions like these though, we can all learn.

By the way, sounds like you are doing a great job!

I know I do now. I can't imagine how I will feel when DS is older. I am constantly thinking..."Yes, this is socially acceptable but is it biologically acceptable. Am I doing DS damage somehow?". For example he goes to daycare one day a week and next year I am thinking of being the working parent and DH to be the SAHD. Socially that is all quite acceptable but will it cause him some kind of long term harm not having that time with his mummy? Argh!

Because all people are different we all act and respond differently in many circumstances. You and esme have obviously found an appropriate way of communicating with each other. From what you said she understands what is going on now.

I think your doing a great job, and that it is silly to think that she hasn't already started developing a sense of right and wrong.

It's like kids throw things to see what happens. You showed her what happens when she throws a phone. Then when she throws a ball she will find out that that is ok and will slowly work out the norms of the society you live in.

Did that make sense??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12