Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Stockings?

Well, I do the major from us and Santa get's most of the other stuff. Oh we get the clothes too. Hey, why should Santa get all of the credit

When my big boys would whinge for money after or before Christmas and I would say I had none because of all the presents that needed buying they would tell me, well Santa brings our presents so you should have money. Damn kids that can think for themselves...

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Trish... yes... darn those independent minds!!! hahaha

tiggy Guest

Our stocking when we were growing up usually had a Darrel Lea Christmas Pudding in it, lots of lollies and junk and the gold coins too.
    My kids stockings are full of little nic nakky things and lollies too. I pile them high. I love it.
    Last year we hung Ivy and Noah's from their humidicrib! The kids thought it was cool that Santa found them in the hospital!

Everything, bar the kids Christmas outfit is from Santa in our house. David and I lay claim to the outfit, which has become a tradition in our home. At the beginning it was Christmas clothes made with Chrissy material. Now that the kids are older it is something more... tasteful. Ivy and Noah are getting Christmas flavoured outfits though, even Christmas patterned nappies!!
    I can't wait for this Christmas- it will be nice to have everyone together.

ETA; Like alot of you, my Mum still labels everything from Santa. It's kind of nice, don't you think, that even though we are adults, the spirit of St Nick lives on?

My mum still put from Santa on some of our stuff too. I think it's great too, especially when you have kids that can read the lables. Although I must say the leading up to Christmas mum will start to put out pressies under the tree from her and dad, but the ones from Santa stay hidden away from prying eyes.

My mum does stockings each year that are full of things like mini shampoo and conditioner, sunscreen, hair ties etc. A lot of it I will never use.
    I like the idea, but I think I will be more selective of what goes in to milos and what doesn't.

We never got them as kids, mum and dad started doing it about 5 years ago I think.

Most of my and my brothers presents still come from Santa.

My mum still gives Me presents from Santa LOL..

*bump*

So what is everyone doing this year?

So far I've come up with...
    * choc coins
    * Christmas lollypop
    * beads & string for threading
    * musical instrument recorder
    * tooth brush
    * little photo album (he's getting an FP camera from my parents)
    * sun glasses
    * knife & fork set
    * drink bottle
    * bob the builder pairs card game
    * kalidescope
    * little tikes scribblet (like a mini magna doodle)
    Last edited by {sarah}; November 18th, 2007 at 08:00 PM.

I have got a bucket and spade set to put in Riley's and some of those Shrek snack cups with lids. I try to find bulky yet cheap things to fill the stockings! Because Erin believes in Santa,Jess and Riley both get stockings even though R is too young and J too old LOL I put undies into the girls stockings and lip gloss, bubble bath, chocolates of course and usually tennis balls or a frisbee for at the beach in summer.
    Last year Jess made up beautiful little stockings for DH and I with lots of treats for us which thrilled Erin!

Undies & bubble bath are great, I might have to add those.

LOL everyone's stocking sound like they fit so much??

We have stockings, one for each person hanging over our fireplace...

In Aidyns stocking this year he will be getting -
    - some Mr Men books
    - a little mag torch
    - a few cars
    - new toothbrush
    - undies

I am going to put the expensive shampoo Jess likes in hers this year too.
    What about a lunchbox and drink bottle Sarah?

how cool @ you having a fireplace to hang your stockings Ambah !!

This year so far I don't really know what we have pmsl.

The two older boys have Disney Pixar Car figurines, Kameron has some space & weather books...(can you tell what his parents are into pmsl)

oh both the older two also have a 30 piece magnet set each of Disney Pixar Cars (can you tell what the kids are into lol), and each has a large thing of bubbles the ones that smell like grapes or strawberries.

Ashton has a sippy cup

There is a few other things (probably cars stuff LOL) that is in amongst the layby stuff.

Love

Here is a pic of our fireplace on Christmas Eve last year... not that you can see much fireplace after Santa has arrived and dropped off the presents! Christmas Fireplace 2006 - BellyBelly Member Photo Gallery

Other pressies Aidyn is getting this year are:

- proper bike with training wheels, and helmet
    - 2x deluxe Transformers robots
    - Box of Lego for making vehicles

ETA - hmmm, new lunchbox and school bag might be a good idea too! (thanks for the tips everyone LOL)

I used to get a new pair of PJs for giftmas eve every year - even as an adult (I used to stay at mum's place on giftmas eve - it was a ritual). My stocking (which I've still got) had little things in it as well.

I'm probably going to do one for DH this year - I need to make him a stocking. I found mine the other day while unpacking a box of stuff that had been at mum's place, which I have only just got around to unpacking and she died in 04.

Well, for all my good intentions, this year Liebs is getting:

A box of tissues
    A roll of loo paper
    All the discarded wrapping paper
    The Dr Who annual
    2 new Christmas tops
    Large wooden jigsaw
    Wooden blocks in the shape of houses (buildable)

I think that's more than enough. And I bet the loo roll will be the top gift, swiftly followed by the discarded wrapping paper.

ETA: I'm going to ask for scrap material from friends and make Liebs a ball or something small, maybe a toy mouse. A toy rat with a chef's hat, DH loves Ratatouille (the Pixar movie and the food). OK, going to get some scrap material and make DS a toy rat. Coolio, I'm so pleased this thread was bumped to remind me about that!
    Last edited by Ca Plane Pour Moi; November 18th, 2007 at 10:24 PM.

Emelia's so far

*bubbles
    *toothbrush
    *bouncy balls (the bigger sized ones of course!)
    *wand
    *hair ties and clips

thats all for the moment, i also want to get a new MCN to go in there too!

Drink bottle & lunch box are a great idea for a present because he's starting preschool next year He has a new bag, but the others are great.

Ambah, that pic over the fireplace is great...made me very excited for Christmas. Love the stockings!!

I've gone out & bought all matching stockings for us & a Santa Sack for Charlie as it's his first Chrissy so I'm going all out. We always had a Santa Sack that our pressies were put in & around but no stockings. But DH & I have had stockings since moving in together as all we could afford to buy each other is little stuff LOL. So I am keeping the Stocking going.
    I've just bought presents for Charlie & what's fits in the stocking is going in & big stuff in the Sack....so far for the stocking he has

- tshirt with his initials & year he was born
    - drink bottle with name on it
    - Library bag...however I intend to use it as a PJ bag

that's it really, he will not understand the fuss this year so just got things he needs. As he gets older I will buy small cheap things to fill it up. Now I have to think what to put in DH stocking!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast