Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Stockings?

Geepers obviously I'm slack....I was feeling a bit down and out about Christmas (DH is many hundreds of KMs away and won't be here), but you girls have buoyed my enthusiasm.....THANKS

Who has some more ideas for stocking fillers?

I had no idea Stickings were so popular. We didn't have stockings as kids, just all the pressies under the tree, so far I have done the same for DS....I think I like the little stocking idea though with lollies and undies and cars and stuff, thanks for the ideas girls!

colouring books & pencils, playdough, plastic jewellery for girls, toothbrush, a decoration for the tree, travel games, hair accessories, novelty stationary, bathers, hat, sunnies, travel size sunscreen

D has a bath puff thingy with an animal head on it (actually they both have one of these), chrissie tattoos, a lolly necklace, a new toothbrush, some little decorations for her crocs (shoes), a big girl hairbrush (in the hope she lets me use it), three little bath bombs, ooh a bug lolly - looks so real lol.
    N is a bit harder at 10months old but just so he doesn't miss out he has a bath puff, some foam letters to stick on the wall for the bath, a squishy ball.....hmmm he might need some more....

Christmas tattoos? Where did you get them Kim, Zander would love some in his.

We're putting the smaller presents in their stocking. DVD's, hair accessories, colouring books etc. Santa is bringing them big presents, so the all the small presents are from mummy & daddy, which will fit perfectly in the stockings

Great thread! I have just added loads of items to my Xmas list for the girls. I might also get stickers for DD as she is into those at the moment. I love the playdough idea and bath toys will be going in too.

Angel Punks, I had to giggle that you call it giftmas. So true these days

Kim, I will also get DD a big girl hairbrush hoping that she will let me use it.

Thanks for all the ideas!

I'm thinking about this again!! So who has some new ideas for me this year?

I read somewhere about adding in a Christmas decoration so when they move out they have a nice collection Thinking of doing that.

when they were babes they'd get sippy cups, stuffed toys etc.

Now they are older lots of little fiddley stuff I can't be bothered wrapping lol Mostly stuff from the cheap shop. But one thing that is tradition is a mini can of soft drink and a packet of chips.

We were never going to have stockings, but my Mum made them one each when they were born.

I was only thinking about this thread yesterday Sarah!!

Cool off to hunt for some new ideas this arvie I think....see if I can find you some tattoos this year....didn't see your q last year. Sorry

LOL I just re-read through the whole thing & noticed that! Nevermind we found some on ebay & the kids were thrilled with them, instead of having them in stockings I gave them with presents to the nieces & nephews & friends, went down very well.

so far DD has: 2x dvds, bubbles, choc coins (going to add in some lollies)
    DS: a dvd and some clothes he will only be 2.5months so its hard.

righto mine are just about done
    Bit daggy but I've gone for a theme this year. DD has discovered Tinkerbell (we're not really into themed anything so this is big for her), and DS has found a love of cars (as little boys do) and animals so that's the general theme of their stocking stuffers...actually it continues into their pressies too.

Darcy: Tinkerbell; activity pack, pen, little stationary set, necklace and hair clips. She also has a little Miss Christmas book, a couple of Christmas lollies, coins, and a pink LED torch (we have lots and lots of blackouts here) and a toothbrush will go in there too.
    Nate: two little puzzles, a Mr Men Christmas book, 5 matchbox cars, some cars crayons, a little book about transport, a box of cadbury animals and a toothbrush.

I have two spare stocking this year and so will put some little bits and pieces for DH and I in them, but I'm, at a bit of a loss. I might get me some new undies lol but DH has about 40pairs each of socks and undies....aside from a toothbrush and a box of licorice allsorts I've got no real idea....and very limited shopping scope here.

For big people I've done things like batteries, nail scissors, coupon book (back massages, sleep ins etc), new snack foods (fancy nuts & things we don't usually get), itunes / bunnings / bookshop cards.

I forgot about this thread too.

For DD this year we have a set of ABC/Memory cards that I got from a photo website so it has her pic on the back of each card, an ornament (both kids get one every year), coloured pencils, a notepad

For DS I have a "baby's first Christmas" ornament

Im heading off to the cheap shops during this week to get some more things. Im on the lookout for small books, hair accessories, clothing for DS, and someother cheap toys & games. Maybe some nailpolish for DD because she's obsessed with it at the moment

Yes, nail polish! I got some nail polish & a Disney Princess mini nail file from Target this week.

barney Guest

I JUST GOT CHARLIE A NEW KICKBOARD AND SOME HAIR LICKYS(thats hair bands lol) i also got her bubble bath and shampoo and some wooden puzzles

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast