Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much do you spend for Christmas?

Annikas_Mamma Guest

Default How much do you spend for Christmas?

Sorry if this is a personal question, but I was just wondering how much others spend on Christmas presents for their little ones?

Just depends - i think her first few christmases i spent around $150 -$250 (couldnt hep but wanting all those lil toys for her!!).

now that she is older its different - this year she only asked for 2 things, i feel slack only getting her that!
    Last edited by Kitt3n; December 5th, 2007 at 01:20 PM. Reason: dyslexic fingers type too quickly for my thought processes!

Hey Jade - My daughter is Annika too

We have bought her a sandpit which was $200, plus some nicknacks and clothes. so about $300.

DP i've spent $100 on his chrissy present, (and another $200 on his birthday, which is the 20th december lol)

family i spend about $20 each. We dont have a lot of money unfortunately

I couldn't say accurately

I do try to buy throughout the year & during sales so it's not tooo much. This year I bought an extra special present which was $120 on it's own so I have spent quite a bit. Usually there are around 4-5 Santa presents, stocking stuffers, one clothes package and one toy from mum&dad. I'd say it's around about $250 each year but this year I'd say closer to $300 because of the big present.

This is Charlie's first Christmas, due to him being spoilt by Grandparents etc I have not bought him much as I know he wont remember. But I'd get one big thing & then some smaller stocking fillers etc. We were very spoilt as kids, even though I'm sure Mum & Dad didn't have enough money for it. I am going to try & not go too OTT with Charlie.

Too bloody much this year.

An $800 PC to begin with, but that is a joint present for them all. Then alot of "Cars" stuff that I picked up at the toy sales, but that is just the small cars etc for their santa sacks. Today I spent another $50 on PC games for the new PC as their PC wont have internet access. Also going to be buying them a DVD each (the older boys), and have to get Ashton a few more things for his Santa Sack.

As mum said on the phone today "You have spent too much on those kids this year" oh well Christmas is only once a year

Love

I think Aidyn's presents will add up to around $200 by the time I have purchased them all.

DP and I usually spend around $150 or less on each other.

Um well I have gone abit overboard and have already spent $800ish on DD already and there is something else im eyeing off. Then though I always go overboard with xmas presents and spend around $300ish on each of my siblings etc and Dh gets what ever he wants etc.
    Last edited by Zee; December 5th, 2007 at 03:41 PM.

oh my - i have also spent around $800 maybe even closer to $900 on dd already and i still need a couple more stocking filler things lol... we bought dd a cubby house and play gym this year so thats where the bulk of the money went

OMG! I think so far I've spent maybe $80 on DD? And that's including birthday things! I'd like to get a couple more things (clothes, one of those trolley mates and a couple more toys) but I don't think I'll get past $150 for birthday and christmas. For my siblings and neices and nephews, we rarely spend more than $30, though we will if we know it is something they really want. (But I have a lot of neices and nephews, so it does add up, LOL).
    DH and I are pretty hopeless with money, and often buy things that we want when we want them instead of waiting til birthday or Christmas, so unless there's something special we don't usually spend much on each other. But this year he's dead keen on a new telly, and I don't think he'll be dissuaded, LOL.

Nikki- Glad im not the only one,lol!

I think I've spent about $300. I could easily spend more. When people question me on how much I've spent, I tell them I HAVE to spend that much because all our family is interstate and DD isn't likely to be as spoilt by them because of that.

Like Sarah, I also get as much as I can during the sales...

I have spent about $400 on each boy and we are buying them a table and chair set as a combined present. I go overboard i know but i can't help myself.
    We only spend $50 on parent and for niece's and nephew's this year we have done a secret santa and the budget is $30.

Nikki

We usually spend around $50 each on the kids, but this year they have a few smaller things and a joint present, which is a trampoline which costs $145, so this year they've had about $75 spent on them. My DH and I have tried to keep it under $25 for our gifts to each other in the last few years, and I spend $5-$10 per person on my extended family, and double that on DH's Mum, Dad and brother (or they get offended ). We've had to tighten our belts in the last few years, and I can say from experience now that the *best things* about Christmas aren't the *things*

This is my DDs first Christmas woo hoo!
    We are not buying her a lot as she won't remember and also we already know that she is getting heaps from her grandparents/uncles/aunties. She will practically have her own toy store lol!

So we are going for practical things like summer clothing, trolley mate and maybe only a smallish toy. I'd say no more than $100. Next year might be different though!!

Ahem...well i tend to go over board becuase i just love giving people gifts, espeically at christmas. But i've spend about $600 on Lily *shudder*(but it in includes Lily's birthday party and presents which is this weekend) and around $200 on Charlie but i'm still to get a few things for Charlie's stocking. This year we bougth Lily's first bike which cost a bit and a few other 'big' presents. I'm having trouble with Charlie though because i don't know what to get a 1yo boy lol. I do buy all the presents through out the year though so it's spread out and not in a lump.

DH and I usually spend around $200 on each other. We don't buy for family because they usually don't buy for our kids (which is part of why we spend so much on them). I am getting MIL a gift this year though. And i'm making a gift for my dad and step mum who live in England.

I'm a shocker! But am relieved to see that it isn't only me who spends up big!

For family members as siblings will insist on getting married off and the reproducing it is kinda a budget of $20 - $30 per person.....although we have splurged on my brother and his family as they live too far away so when we did see them earlier this year I felt more free to splurge and not worry about it all adding up iykwim..........oh and the IL's have been spoilt as they have done so much for us over the past 12 or so months that it is kinda our way of saying thank you as well (approx $120 for them combined)

On DD's as its DD#2's first christmas, probably only around $40 and DD#1, yet to be determined as we can't make up our minds!

Oh I do do stockings for the girls so add another $30 to $40 per stocking....... hehe!!!

Oh I loooooooooooooooove Christmas!!!!!

i used to be REALLY tame at christmas - i was the only one not working, full time student on bugger all income... First year i had a job, i decided to splurge on my family - and now, every three or four years, when money is good for me, i'll do it again. DH and I were pretty much broke last Christmas, so everyone got small presents - this year, we've splurged again! we don't have kids ourselves, so it's just the nieces and nephew, my bro and SIL, my folks, and one aunt (who has an intellectual disability). in all honesty, i think we've spent about $70 on each of the five kids, maybe a little more - but we haven't paid full price for any of it, so value wise, it's heaps more!

for two of our nieces (who are also DH's god daughters) - it's very unusual for us to see them due to family issues, so we do tend to spend more on them now than we would have a couple of years back when we got to buy things through the year as well...

Bro and SIL were about $350 each (but this also included birthday - and it only happens every few years - will be different once we have kids...)

we've all chipped in for my aunt - she's getting a DVD player and a few DVD's - probably about $100 in total

DH and I have spent heaps on each other - but that's cos we got concert tix for Elton John, including a night of accommodation... there will be some clothes and things under the tree but that's more for the kids that will be there Christmas morning...

i had most of our christmas shopping finished and picked up by August - except my parents! still not sure what (if anything) to get my folks...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast