Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Camping Thread

We have our next trip planned in Jan, off to Mulwala with a friend and his family then some offroad camping.

Thanks for all the suggestions on the beds!

We're supposed to be off this Friday, back to Yarram to a park we adore. There's something wrong with the camper roof - when we wind it down, it doesn't run smoothly, so we think the winder is about to go again. And today the jockey wheel clamp winder thingy snapped, rendering the jockey wheel useless.

Think our camper is protesting at the constant usage....!

We've decided not to repair the winder, we did that in Feb, so to shell out more money on the same thing is pointless. After this weekend, we're staying put until March, so we're going to see if we can get a new winder system installed. Fingers crossed for a successful weekend! We went there this time last year and got 50mm of rain!

Oh bugger PRMG that sucks hun, fingers crossed for the weather for you hun, surely can't be bad 2 years in a row!! I love this thread, gives me so many ideas of places we could go!!

BR - that sounds ace hun - I can't wait to do some offraod remote camping in our van - at the moment we are sticking to powered sites! But we do eventually want to get solar panels etc for it!!

LOL, Tan we're hoping the rubbish Melbourne weather this weekend will mean next weekend it will be nice. Hoping being the key word there!

Bummer about your camper playing up on you PRM! I hope you still get to go away!!

Tan - We bought a converter for our caravan so that we can still use our caravan lights, etc. when we can't get a powered site. It's great for our Prom trips!

29 on Saturday so far!! Looking good!!!

We have two batteries and an invertor to run the fridge and lights, we also use a kettle so the kids can have their warm milk. We have solar panels to as a back. Lucky dh is a tech head! He thinks we could be ok in the middle of nowhere for two weeks.

D'oh, I meant invertor LOL! Twas tired last night . BR - DH wants to get solar panels, he keeps saying we should take the ones from our our one house

Mmmmm 29, I think we can cope with that!

Family friends of ours have told us for the best deals on solar etc is to go to one of the big caravan shows on the last day. They said everything is heavily discounted because the workers don't want to lug their stuff back with them. I think the next big Melbourne one is in March. We want to get solar eventually, probably do it when we gut the camper.

Prmg that's how we got our waeco on the last day with a heap of freebies thrown in, it was interesting trying to fit it in the car, there were six of us in my 7 seater, my double pram and all this fridge stuff, we had to unpack the boxes and poke it in wherever we could.

Just got back from a weekend at Tamborine. SO nice! DD had fun splashing in the creek, and she slept through on both nights, just waking at 5am with daylight and the birds. Heaps cooler up there than in stinky Brissy, beautiful views and bushwalks, really awesome weekend!

Audax that sounds ace hun! Glad you had a nice time!!

Trish I didn't even notice, I even think I read it as Inverter Thanks BR - looks like we might have to head to the camping show then!

BR - How do you find your waeco? Good investment?

I wasn't impressed at first because of the cost at first but it has been much better than using an esky and ice. We use lactose free milk so carrying it all has been easier although we know use UHT. Just don't lift it with rings on I learnt the hard way, lost a diamond and bent both my engagement and wedding ring.

Sounds like a great weekend Audax! We were waking at 5am too, but on holidays it was fine we just went to bed earlier.

Hi guys,
    Crashing the thread as I am getting excited about our up coming trip...

We are leaving Melb just after Christmas and heading to Byron, will be there for NYE then going to the goldcoast to take the kids to the theme parks possibly on to Mt Tambourine and then back to Byron then home...
    Most will be in c/parks this time as Aurora is young and we don't know how well she will do (although we took her away at Easter when she was 4week old...

PRMG -
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanstar View Post
    I have heard that about the egg shell over the top! Jayco make an innerspring mattress that is quite flat hun(obviously to fit the vans!), they are excy but they are out there if you wanted a super comfy one.
    We have these... They are pretty comfy actually! Egg shell on top would make them even better.

Anyway, looking forward to reading what you guys are up to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SJ - Sounds like a great road trip! I can't wait to do a long drive like that one, but it's probably going to be when we purchase a diesel car! I towed our camper to central Vic early in the week and then came home without it - going I used 200kms worth of fuel, coming home I used 50kms! I'd hate to think how much fuel we would go through to get up north.

Audax - I missed your post before! Sounds like a nice time. Nothing better than having a river nearby, love listening to it during the night.

Are these eggshell mattresses expensive? I've never slept on one before.

I have no idea how much they are, but you can get it cut to size from Clarke Rubber I'm pretty sure... This would be cheaper than a camping store

ETA - google Clarke rubber... $175 for queen bed overlay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast