Thread: Hiring stuff for holiday in QLD?

Question Hiring stuff for holiday in QLD?

Hi, we are visiting the rellies in QLD at Christmas (flying up) and want to find out about how my parents could hire some stuff for us so we don't have to bring it with us.

I'm thinking in particular of a car seat, and perhaps a pram/stroller. Bubs will be nearly 6 m old by then.

We are flying in to Bne or Sunshine Coast and will be hanging around there and in Toowoomba.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I know there are places on the coast where you can hire cots & strollers etc. Can't give you any recommendations (cause I live here and haven't needed them ) , but I've seen them at Noosa and Maroochy. I'm sure they're in the yellow pages though.

Not sure if you can get car seats from the same place, but if you're hiring a car you can get a car seat from the car rental place.

If the cost is too much the airlines let you take that sort of baby stuff for free - trouble is getting it to & from the airport of course!
    HTH
    Last edited by Snowy Love; October 22nd, 2007 at 02:37 PM.

get your parents to try the local baby shops - often they either do the hiring or know the people that do and they will hire out a whole range of stuff, prams, cots, seats, highchairs etc. If you are going to be doing this trip a lot it may be cheaper for your folks to buy a cheap $30 kmart/big w stroller if bubs is old enough by then.

malakili is right though the car rental companies hire it with your car (although check it when/if you get the car cause their installation ability often leaves a lot to be desired) - they used to be $5 a day but I think with some they are up to $10.

in qld the ambos hire out the capsules for newborns but i don't know whether they hire out carseats for bigger bubs.

why dont you ask a bb member who just happens to have that sort of stuff lying around .... ???

for instance i have 4 prams 2 car seats and a porta cot that never gets used ...

i live in ipswich which is on the way to the t'ba

I've taken a car seat on flights with me before. The airlines will usually pop it into a heavy duty plastic bag for you. The car hire companies are quite accommodating with organising a baby seat too but like jaspen said, check the installation!

Lea has a good suggestion, and there is also a company called "Hire For Baby" which has branches in brisbane and sunshine coast, and hires out pretty much everything
    Last edited by {sarah}; October 24th, 2007 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Removing link - please read the guidelines.

and out out near .. somewhere cant remember , but have been there before ....
    its called :::

oh gee cant remeber , um um um
    BUBBYS PLAYPEN ... yeah thats it ...
    i hiered a amy hammock from there ...

I think bubby's playpen is at stafford...????

yep , your right .... sorta on the way to the bright bots factory outlet .. lol

Thanks guys, that's really helpful, and Lea, what a kind suggestion too!

I'll look into all those, I've got my mum and brother on the case too................

So this factory outlet at stafford...........where exactly is it???? My granny lives near stafford, and I love to shop!

its in stafford and they have funny opening hours tho ..

its on harvton st ...