... 7891011 ...

thread: Homebirth General Discussion #10

Oct 2005
    North Queensland

Yeah that is relevent.

His unprofessional question isn't relevent at all.

Did you end up getting any answers?

Jun 2005
    USA

Do you mean just with the osteo treatment in general? It seemed to go well. My son is 18 months old and a bit bow-legged and is always congested so he worked on those areas. He said he had some twists in his hips, intestines and lymphatic system so hopefully the treatments will help. Back again this week for follow-up.

Oct 2005
    North Queensland

Cool.

I've had friends who taken their babies to an osteo and brought home completely different babies.

I wonder if it can affect the behaviours of a 6 year old. DD1 has been horrendous lately with her behaviour and I'm looking at all options at the moment. I'm trying to work out whether its a phase or whether there are underlying issues.

Jun 2005
    USA

Give it a go! Being completely healthy and everything in place can't hurt your moods

My son also has a lot of trouble sleeping, which I know can be normal but he'll often wake up upset or be really sleepy and obviously wanting to be asleep but is jerking his body around and appears to be in pain. Sometimes this crankiness keeps up during the day too. He clearly has gut issues so we're working on that. My older son has autism and all the gut issues that come with that and I'd love to take him to the osteo too but there is no way he would let him touch him for any treatment at this point in time.

Jul 2005
    Sydney

I know my chiro was a godsend for my pg for keeping things in place and she told me to bring bub in if I had any fussiness or feeding issues. But her gentle birth through my nicely aligned pelvis must have kept her in good shape.

Mar 2008
    North Northcote

I love our osteo! i took DD2 there for posterior tongue-tie issues when she was 8 weeks and it saved our BF journey. so so awesome! i will take this little girl in too after she is born, it is so gentle that the babies tend to fall asleep during the session hahahaha.

Jun 2005
    USA

I had chiro every week leading up my son's birth too. Was lovely.

I forgot to say that Cassius- my little one was all woozy and dazed when he sat up after his treatment! It was tricky getting an 18 month old to lie still and we sang loads of songs to keep him happy but then I think he got into the zone. He was blissed out He then had the WORST night sleep though... but the osteo warned it can go either way. Healing can be a bit disruptive. We've learnt that from our older son too. I'm all good with healing crises now.

Mar 2008
    North Northcote

yeah that is what we found too. the first night she was awesome, but after the second treatment we had 72 hours of crazy lol.

we are coming home soon i am excited mostly because i am beginning to get all nesty and i so cant do that here. this place is very spartan as it was a rental for about 6 years...so odd collection of mis-matched furniture and one tea-towel...christmas themed

i love though that my IM is only an email or skype away...i really rely on those moments of contact.

Jun 2005
    USA

I can totally imagine you would want to get home and start nesting. There are bedrooms to rearrange and plans to make... and skirting boards to clean

How much longer till you head home?

Jul 2005
    Sydney

Woohoo Cassius! So exciting to be able to start preparing in earnest.

Is your stuff in storage?

♥ BellyBelly's Creator ♥
    Add BellyBelly on Facebook Follow BellyBelly On Twitter

Feb 2003
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Waaaaah I am dying to have osteo! I have been so sore and achey now for weeks, my middle back is packing it in and lower back has just joined in occasionally too. There isn't an osteopath in this town, have googled and nothing. Will be down in Melbourne soon, I am going to drive myself in, can't wait too much longer, driving me mad. Although driving in the car seems to make my back sore

Had my midwife appointment yesterday and found out my iron is down and out again, gah! Thought I was a bit more drained than normal but put it down to being 33 weeks - at the business end. So better get back onto the iron.

Haven't come across any other homebirthing mummas here either but to be expected I guess, would be awesome though. The woman who took my blood was very intrigued though and asked lots of questions so was nice to feel her enthusiasm as she sucked my blood out LOL.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Mar 2008
    North Northcote

Meow: oh the skirting boards imagine how dirty they are!!!!!!!!! 4 more weeks and I am there

Kelly: it would be good if you could spend the night in melb after the osteo too. I always struggle with low iron. lentils baby!!!

Jennifer: nah, unless you call the girls' bedroom storage lol. luckily we were able to get people to look after our house and animals by moving pretty much straight in. it meant we couldnt rent out the house properly but it has been good peace of mind.

Oct 2005
    North Queensland

I've got a feeling I'll benefit from
    Osteo this pregnancy. Ever since Brileys pregnancy I've suffered with lower back and hip pain. I've had X-rays etc done but they've come back all clear.

Never been to a physio though. So that might be an option also.

I've not met any homebirth mums down here as such but I know of a few from the JB website. I also have quite friends who've birthed at home back in Townsville. One of which will be at this birth

I know of some JB meets but it's getting the time to get to them. Plus i usually have to drive ages. There isn't much out where I live

Where abouts are you Tegam? I'm share at Chermside but B and the girls are out at Kerry (past Beaudesert) which is where I am most of the time.

Jan 2008
    Brisbane

Out in the redlands Sara

Nov 2011
    Perth

I know a few HB mumma's which is cool SIL had both her 2 at home, MIL homebirthed BIL, and few other aquaintances have done it as well. So I has lotsa ladies to talk to!

Jul 2005
    Sydney

Had my HB group get together today and a couple of new HB bubbas have joined us. I had a lovely chat with a m/w about her epigenetics research. I just love all the knowledge that comes along with long term midwives. It feels like such a privilege to get a mothers group with so much to share! Nice to catch up with turtlejane too.

Jan 2008
    Brisbane

Hey bella hasn't been in in ages... Hope she is ok

Oct 2005
    North Queensland

Oh k cool. No too far from me then.

Bella's fine Was talking to her a couple of days ago about wraps

... 7891011 ...