Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Demand Feeding

Just to update my brestfeeding journey with Matthew, I fed him up to 14 months of age I was 36 weeks pregnant with Adrian at the time when one day Matthew decided to wean himself, it was a sad day for Mummy.

My new journey began on 8th August when Adrian was born, like Matthew I demand feed him, he`s a great feeder and likes his boobie juice but yet again I`m getting lots of comments from MIL "He just had a feed, he`s not hungry again" "Oh that 4 hours went quickly!!!!" or another thing she does is hold onto Adrian when I tell her he wants a feed, I get quite upset by this and just want to grab Adrian from her but feel I can`t, in the end he cries too much so she hands him back to me again saying "he just had a feed, not long ago"

My mum had this great book about Australian women and there was a story of a woman who was told not to feed the baby during the night (in the first half of 20th century) and after listening to the baby scream all night decided that she must be hungry to cry for 4 hrs straight and decided to ignore the advice of the experts and feed her at night.
    Having shown me that Mum still tried to distract Lucas from crying when she thought he'd 'only just fed' when I'm saying here give him to me & I'll plug him in - invariably he'd whinge until she passed him over and then he was happy.

I think MIL was too scared of offending me to comment - she bottle fed her 2 so she doesn't offer any BF advice.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234