Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lactivism

Exactly! I will be expressing with this one and I know other family members and Dh like to have the experience but apparently it is much easier to mix formula every two hours then express BM once in a while - go figure.

After having done both (needed to suppliment when she was little till I got my supply up) both are a PITA, but definately EBM is the preferred option, less likely for DH to stuff up by putting in the wrong amount of scoops, just warm and put into mouth.

I would just like to say that I deliberately DON'T go to the parents rooms anymore to feed Lucy and haven't done so for months. Have you ever smelt those rooms? Phew!

If anyone asks me why I don't go to the parents room to bf Lucy I ask them why they don't eat their lunch in the toilet.

Parents rooms are for changing and related tasks IMHO. Cafes are much more comfortable places to bf, some even have armchairs.

And as for sharing the feeding - what is that?? It's only 6 mths or so and baby is taking other food. I would happily share the task of spoonfeeding and having stuff splattered all over myself (and yet no one seems to offer to share that...).

Would they also like to share the pregnancy and labour so that they can feel more involved? Bf is hardly the only thing grandparents and dads don't experience.

*Climbs down off her high horse*

I would love it for someone to offer to feed my baby. Just so I can say WOW I didn't know your lactating!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12