Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by monnie View Post
    I agree...you do what is right for you...and you'll find what you need inside you to make sure that it works!

Get as much support around you...even if it means going to a women's health centre or service...

And hang in there...

Wishing you all the best.
    I second all of what monnie said. Its your choice not anyone elses

hello, what a sad situation when you cant feel free to make your own decisions without judgement, my best friend had twins at age 21 and she loves it so much, her boys are now two and a half and number three is on the way. all the best to you.

Quote Originally Posted by lozza_coops View Post
    but i really want to keep my babies.

You said it yourself , I want to keep my babies
    Its not easy to raise a child ( let alone two ) but if deep down you want to keep them do not listen to anyone else.
    This is your body , your children and your decision.
    Whatever you may decide I hope its YOUR decision - good luck with everything

Hunny this is your choice no-one elses.... do not be pressured by what others think you should do... THAT IS NOT FAIR.

You will be a great mum ....... Good Luck

Congratulations!

People probably get negative because of your age - what I mean by that is they think they know better, and that you have to listen to them merely because you are 20. They would probably never question me cos I'm 33 and would give them an earful. The issue won't be that you "can't do it", just that the whole world must know better than you. Get ready to hear opinions from everyone in the entire universe on your situation. The checkout chick, the nanna behind you, your family and friends - this however happens to all of us regardless of age. Just be ready for it!
    Tap into all available resources - BB (of course), support groups (not as nerdy as they sound), financial planners and positive people. Find a student midwife or Doula. If Centrelink give you a hard time let me know, I can help you if needed.
    I would just like to say I have the pleasure of knowing 2 quite young mums with twins and I take my hat off to them, they are both doing a fabulous job.

I also think you should make the decision yourself, be confident in your decision & then tell your family & friends & the father that you have made your decision as it's your body. There will be no further discussions as it's YOUR CHOICE!

I have a friend whom at age 22 found herself pregnant to her boyfriend that had been on & off for 5 yrs, he told her it was her decision, his family told her to get rid of it & her family said they'd stand by her decision... She desperately wanted his family to accept her & for him to be in her life, but not just because of a baby, so she chose to terminate...
    To this day she has never gotten over it & is a total basket case (honestly a sip of grog & she is in tears & talks about the age of the baby had she gone through with the preg!)
    She is extremely hurtful, negative & jealous of her friends that are Mothers (married or not)...

But I also know my sister has terminated a pregnancy & lives with is... I dont speak to her much as she has a drug dependency & a 5 yr old, but she seems to have moved on from it!

I wsih you strength...

My Mum was married & had her last child at age 23... Why is it so bizarre for young Mothers these days????

Lozza, my sister was 20 when she fell pg. She was in a volatile relationsip at the time with the father and his family pressured her to get rid of the baby as he was 'finally on the straight path and she was going to ruin his life'.

Even though it was hard and she had no guarantee of support from everyone, I encouraged her to follow her heart. If she wanted to keep the baby, she COULD. It is possible although it might not be the 'easiest' path. There are plenty of places that you can go to gain support. People do eventually come around too...sometimes it just takes a while to get their heads around it. My sisters partner and family did eventually and love her almost 4-yr old daughter to pieces!

{{{{hugs}}} Good luck hon with your decision!

Lozza, how is everything going?????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12