Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ June 2008

yeah happy birthday for next week sally! im sure i will also forget!

Thanks ladies!

hi, i thought i might join in here.

hopefully i am not too old.

i am 26, dp is 32, we have a 17 month old boy blake, and i am nearly 7 months pregnant with another little boy.

so... lol... am i too old?

Hey Mummatotwo!
    I'm 24 & they told me I wasn't too old. I was still the oldest til u came along!

Welcome Mummatotwo!

Morning everyone, hope you are having a good day so far.
    My blood pressure was high again last night and I had a constant headache from about 6pm till 10pm when I decided to call the hospital and find out what I'm meant to do. They asked me to come in, and they did another BP profile test on me and put me on the CTG. My BP didn't come down by much and they gave me the option to stay in overnight or go home.. of course I said I wanted to go home, seeing I had already been at the hospital for half a day yesterday!! But they want me to come in again for another BP check this afternoon... if my BP is high again when I go in I'll probably be admitted again.
    I'm glad though that the doctor I spoke to actually gave me some useful answers and made me feel a lot more reassured than the other doctors I have been speaking to. He said that provided I don't have any issues, they will let me go to 40 weeks and then it's likely I will be induced. He explained that at 37 weeks the baby's lungs are ready to go so they can pretty much deliver whenever they want, but they prefer to wait until the cervix begins to ripen to make induction easier.

Anyway, take it easy girls, I'll speak to you later!

Hello everyone

Quote Originally Posted by bjrose View Post
    Cute as twins are, Glad it's not me!
    Ditto to that!!

Mummatotwo, welcome!! I think that you are only as old as you feel! Plus these days 26 is still young for babies!! Look forward to chatting!

Emma, i'm sorry for you what you are going through, but look on the bright side, if you do give birth now you have given bubs a really good start in life. Do you know how much bubs weighs? I can't remember are you having a girl?

Sal, happy birthday for next week!

I've been trying really hard to get brendan to give cuddles and blow kisses, but he just isn't interested. We've also been trying to teach him "high fives" but he's not really getting the idea of that either. On a good note, well sort of, he's started to stamp his feet to music, ect... down side being he now does it when he chucks a tantrum too!!
    hehe cheeky boy!

How is everyone else?

hrrrmmmm whatta day!!! it so annoys me when ppl tell other ppl that u said something when u didnt..why do ppl even do that...? *sigh*

anyway..ill get to personals later bubs been kickin heaps latley which is awsome

Hollye, Hugs!

Not a great deal happening here. brendan has an apt at the hospital on Monday with the occupational Therapist, my friend is being transfered to the local hospy today as twin 1 isn't gaining any weight. So i'll visit her monday, if she's still there. She was supposed to be discharged on Wednesday .

Anyway have a good weekend!

Hi Sally, hope your friend's babies are doing ok... and good luck with Brendan's appointment on Monday as well...

I had a birthing class today with Luke and while some of it made me feel awkward I do feel a bit better and a bit more in control about how everything actually happens. Most people have a rough idea of what happens when labour starts but not a lot of knowledge, if that makes sense.. so now that I know what happens at each stage and what I can do to help it along, I feel heaps better.. even though after they told us about pain management, they went on to say that if you're induced, it's going to hurt a pantload more YAY for me!

I think that my DH feels a bit better knowing what's going to happen as well and has an idea of how he can help out. I think as long as he has a packet of ice cold Tim Tams in his hand ready for me, he can't do anything wrong

I then went and had another routine CTG and blood pressure check. My blood pressure was surprisingly good today, 130/70, which is the best it has been in weeks. It really surprised me seeing I had been in the hospital late during the week due to high blood pressure...

The doctors have said to me that they aren't overly happy with the baby's growth and can't see much of a change in the past fortnight based on the measurements taken at the ultrasounds... so I am little concerned about that. They have said to me that they are going to let me go for another week and see how it pans out. But I think at this stage I might be having a June baby instead of a July one If they are going to induce me I might ask for the 1st of July

Emma- I was also told that my baby hadnt grown much in two weeks when I was 36wks and they were pretty concerned because I had Gestational diabetes but when I had a full growth scan it showed her measurements were all average. We were soooo worried she had stopped growing and it all turned out to be fine. I was induced at 38wks due to the GDM and her CTG's were non reactive in the two days before so I was induced 2 days earlier then originally planned.
    I was also told about being induced hurting alot more but when you have nothing to compare it to you dont know do you.
    I had a good birth experience so dont worry about it too much. My birth story is posted in the birth story forum if that might help to.

In my neck of the woods? 8 DPO, moved house, working basically full time - Tada!

not much happening here at all..just worked today & got exams next week...bring on next friday i say then its all over & im on holidays for 5 weeks yay..im still counting down til i get to see bubs again & hopfully find out the sex...11 days yay

Holly - glad your feeling bubs kick more & more

Sally - I hope your friends baby is doing ok..sending heaps of positive vibes her way

*sigh*

Dont ya hate it when people just wont leave you alone!

Im so sick of people up in my face about things I really couldnt give 2 sh%ts about right now.

Cant they just realise that they are doing more harm than good?

Majorly stressed and depressed and nothing seems to be going right or getting better. im over all this bullsh%t..

Im over being pregnant. Im sick of going to the hospital. Im sick of all the tests

and most of all im sick of people saying "Geeze your so young and going through this, must be hard"

and yet they dont help... grrrrrrrrr

rant over

Kristale - thanks for your post... makes me feel a bit better. I've kinda been asking myself what I've been doing wrong if she's not putting on weight...

Banx - sorry to hear that you're feeling stressed and depressed, I'm sure you just want to be left to get on with your life without having the constant interruption and uncertainty of tests and nosey people!! Hope you feel better after your rant though

I do feel much better actually!!

I guess thats just what happens when you are having difficulties in anything.. in my case the pregnancy.. and people associate it with you being young or immature, uninformed... i suppose you could say

there is NOTHING i can do to make this easier on me or bub... and no one really gets that.. especially people that have had "perfect" or "text book" pregnancies

its just frustrating

hey girls..

not doing too good atm..ive been bleeding im not sure where its coming from tho I can still feel bub moving which is a good sign. Im not too worried as me and bub have been through enough and if she wanted to leave she would have by now iykwim. Ive stopped my antibiotics and have to go have another pee test tomorrow to see if my infection is gone. fingers crossed.... My thrush seems to be easing (also thinking the bleeding could be from the constant itching). My BP seems to be sitting a little high but once again im not worrying too much, worrying makes it higher. So keep ya fingers and toes crossed for me ladies that all goes well..

Emma - How much was ur birthing class (if u dont mind me asking)? and where was it done??? im looking into starting some classes...just not sure when to have them.. awsome news on ur BP dont the docs get the measurements of bub wrong alot of the time? thats just what ive heard.

Trini - wow ur scans only 10 days away! told ya it would go quick. I have another one on the 2nd July and the 1st August. I hope bub co operates with you so u know what it is...!! Im so excited! i cant wait till our little bundles are here..just to think, we have been going through this together tight from the start.

Banx - yeah i get to the point where i wish ppl would just back off. If ppl see ur going through a tough time i think its best for them to try and have a different convo with u. Im sure u think about bub everyday and it would be nice to think about something else iykwim.. saves abit of the stress for atleast 10 mins. Glad u could come in here and let it out keep ur chin up ...

well ladies im off to have a shower...talk soon xoxxoxoxo

hollye... if u were bleeding u would be up the hospital.....

or u should be

wow...how rude..

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast