Thread: Foods that may help?

Default Foods that may help?

Hi im currently on my 4th cycle, we are trying a natural cycle FET this time but also thought id try and eat some healthy foods that may help the process, if anyone has any ideas that would be great

Throughout my IVF cycle I took fresh royal jelly. It has wonderful health benefits.
    It also doesn't hurt to take a really good liquid fish oil.

As for foods, I'm not all that sure, but just make sure you're eating a nice balanced diet.

Sue xxx

I don't know of anything that's supposed to help with fertility etc. Eating a healthy, balanced diet is always good, so that certainly can't hurt.
    Good luck!

My naturopath gave me the following general dietary recommendations. I never did work out what was for fertility and what was just for good health.

I'm vegetarian (but do eat fish) so she told me I had to eat 3 cups of greens a day (I never quite got there but i did improve) and an egg everyday.

Cut back on cows milk and general dairy like cheese - I was drinking a cup of plain milk every morning and cheese everyday. Yoghurt was okay though.

Stop using margarine and swap to butter.

Eat two pieces of fruit a day. I wasn't eating any, but ended up eating one piece every day and sometimes 2.

I was also on bunch of herbs, vitamins etc.

Good luck!!!

thanks ladies, thats great

A GF of mine used to work in a health food shop and apparently chaste tree has some wonderful fertilty qualities. Perhaps check it out at your local organic or health food shop.

I have read in a book called the Fertility Diet (based on the nurses study - so long term study based on large population of nurses) that two of the big things are to avoid all trans fats and to include a serve of full fat dairy every day. Oh and a low GI diet is good as well. That's for general fertility, and they said that diet can help infertility if your problem is an ovulation disorder. They didn't say that their advice would help with IVF. I'm currently doing IUI and am trying to avoid trans fats completely, they're terrible for you anyway.

Best of luck with your transfer.

xxx

I've heard it is good to eat pineapple (especially the core) from transfer - for a couple of days. It's supposed to help with implantation.