Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Scared- first IVF cycle

Hi ladies,
    It has been pretty quiet in here, how are you all going?
    Hope that all is well, would love to hear some updates and am thinking of you all!
    AFM I am almost half way through my tww and it is realy dragging!
    I am already wondering whether I can wait until my bloodtest next week or whether I will be tempted to POAS next Mon or Tues? Does the crinone gel make a difference in regards to false positives?
    Anyway hope all is well with you all.

Hi Cadence, good to know things are going well for you! Well I think that the crinone could give you a false positive on urine test, I don't know about blood test though...
    Just a little bit more...hang in there...
    S'rose and Meo how are you doing? Hope you all feeling good!

ME: I guess I'm scared about my second cycle, I've been sad, and crying all the time... and also after KR announcement last night which will make IVF so much more expensive for us... and have you heard about the clinic in Canberra? at least five embryos have died in an incubator malfunction!!!

Girls, sorry... I've been a little bit down lately...

Meo Guest

Big hugs, esperan. All this IVF crap takes it's toll, I know. Even if it means waiting (and not being in the best budget position) you should wait for your next round until YOU feel ready. Don't let KR's announcements push you into something that you can't cope with yet or you'll just be even more of an emotional wreck! I took a month off after our first IVF attempt. Thought it was going to be longer, but by the time I'd got my second AF, I put myself back on the pill for another down reg and we were fully ready for it! I think that's one of the things that has made our results so far this round so amazing to me.

Hi Cadence - I saw a "timeline post" of where your baby will be at after a certain number of days in the LTTTC TWW thread, I think it's on the second page? All I remember reading was that a HPT will show up the hcg in your urine at 11 days post-transfer . . . Not that I'm encouraging you to POAS! Also, I think it's only the pregnyl injections that give you a false positive, not Crinone as the Crinone is a smaller, slower release progesterone dosage. I could be wrong though. Also, HPT's measure hcg, not progesterone so shouldn't make a difference?

Baby2Bee, welcome to the thread! I hope you get plenty of info. From what I understand, I think you might be doing a flare cycle, not a down regulation one. Good luck though! I think either is pretty effective

S'rose, how goes the waiting? I am also 2dpt and was still SO SORE from the OHSS, even though it's only a mild dose. For those of you who can afford it, my recommendation is JAPANESE ACUPUNCTURE! I just got back from my appointment this evening and now it's almost like I never had OHSS, just got some bad PMS bloating instead I can live with that! I know a couple of wonderful ladies in Kew (Melbourne) who practice it, PM me if anyone's interested in their details. FWIW, one of them was the lady I was seeing who got me the closest I've been to pregnant naturally in Nov 2006 (chemical pregnancy) so she's worth her weight in salt, I reckon.

Anyhoo, off to cook some tea - salmon for omega 3s and lots of broccolli for folate!

Esperan - soooo sorry to hear you are having a moment!! This journey is so tiring and wearing on the body and spirit, so be kind to yourself.

Cadence - I don't believe Crinone impacts on HPT but try to hang out as long as you can False results either way can be very painful. You are doing so well this far.

Meo - I am glad you found some relief from the ohss, and I hadn't heard about japanese ap. Sounds like its working beautifully for you. Hope the extra treatment brings some extra vibes your way.

Me: Just waiting still. Get some cramp pains left and right side at various times, very tired from being coldy and the crinone, sore breasts which the crinone makes worse I swear. I am lucky that work is busy and I am really chilled out about this round, because there are times when I even forget that I could be pg. So the next week and a bit doesn't seem quite so far away yet.

to us all.

Hi ladies. Meo I've had a couple of sessions of japanese acc and I absoutely love it!! they are working on thyroid and fertility issues with me. After my first session I fell asleep on our couch at 8pm and DH woke me at 11pm to put me to bed (like a 12 yo!) - he said he has never seen me sleeping soooo soundly and when i got up to go to bed i was bouncing off the walls (like I had been out for a big night)! I woke at 7am the next morning and over the course of the weekend I was in the best mood I had been in in the last 12 months and my energy was through the roof!!! I've been back several times and i LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

Hi Ladies

Thinking of you all and checking back in to see how you are all going. Sounds like a few are on the long TWW - hope to hear good news from you soon.

Hi all,
    Hope you are doing well.
    K1, thanks for checking in, hope all is going well with your pregnancy!
    Baby2bee, welcome, hope your ttc journey is over soon!
    Hi Srose, thanks for the advice. I have really sore boobs from the crinone too and am quite crampy at the moment, keep expecting AF to arrive any minute, do you know if AF should arrive before the blood test as my fs said that if AF hadn't arrived by a day or two before blood test then that is a positive sign? Glad you are relaxing and not thinking about things too much!
    Esperan, thanks for your advice and comments, I hope you are feeling a bit happier, I know it is awful that we all have to go through this crap but hopefully at the end of it all we will be rewarded and will forget the pain and suffering that we endured along the way-keep your head up, good things come to those who wait xx
    Meo, thanks for the info!! I am glad you are doing well and that you enjoyed your Japanese acupuncture, I have only had acupuncture once a few months ago and I ended up so bruised and sore that I didn't go back!!!
    AFM, I am not feeling very positive at the moment about getting my BFP. Have had quite a bit of cramping in the last 2 days and feels as if AF is just around the corner, I am trying to mentally prepare myself by saying that of course I shouldn't expect the first time to work and we have 4 or 5 frozen embies so there is still hope but it is hard. I think that if AF doesn;t arrive that I will try and hold off and not do a hpt and just wait for the blood test.
    Anyway lots of luck to you all!

Oh Cadence, I wish I could help you with regards to when to expect AF. I know most women seem to bleed before the BT, but my clinic haven't really brought it up and I don't particularly want to think about it
    I had to ring the clinic this morning, my poor tummy is swollen again (pretty much like just before EPU), and has been quite sore and crampy today! Given I have no nausea or other obvious indicators we're not suspecting ohss just yet! But I need to be aware jic.

Hope everyone is travelling well and heading towards the magical outcome!!

Girls, just to want to thank you for all support!

I'm feeling better already! Puregon makes me happy... Today was second dose already, and no probs with the needles!
    Hope you all get wonderful results!!!
    I will be back to let you know about my scan next week!

Hi girls. Just new to BellyBelly and came across this thread. Congrats to everyone's great results so far.

I had started my first IVF down reg cycle, and egg pick up was due to be today. But the cycle was cancelled just on Wednesday because apparently I was already ovulating (or just about to). I'm hoping for some good news soon because its all getting a bit much. Will no doubt be checking in with you girls for a while to come yet.

Good luck to everyone in their TWW.

Hi all,
    How are you all doing? Hoping to hear some positive news really soon. Am feeling a bit down in the dumps today. Last night and this morning I have had a lot of cramping and feel as if AF is about to arrive...... 4 days until my blood test but am beginning to think that AF will arrive first. Also have a bad cold and my DH has been up through the night vomiting, overall just feeling crappy and AF arriving would just top it off!!!
    Anyway so positive news anyone, please????

Ladies,
    It is great you have been able to support Cadence and each other on your first (and hopefully last!) IVF cycle. I need to now direct you to the general Long Term TTC and Assisted Conception chat threads we already have, where you can share your cycles together and your TWW with others going through IVF/AC.

The general LTTTC/AC thread is HERE.
    The LTTTC TWW thread is HERE.

If you wish to continue chatting individually you can do so by PM or through Visitor Messages. You are also welcome to start you own BLOG to journal your journey.

I encourage you to jump into the threads above to continue your support of one another and get to know those who are going through a similar journey to you .

Best of luck!
    Dusty
    Moderator LTTTC/AC

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456