Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blended families chatter

It can be really heavy at times to be in a blended family

My dh has been in hospital for 6 days and both the dss have made it quite hard........................... very inconsiderate of them really
    they just dont want to tow the line

I dont think Im that strict really I just demand some respect mainly

oh here we go again theres always a hurdle waiting just around the corner
    I will just soldier on and hope that my dh and I can get this step parenting going more smoothly we are not new to it either 8 years together

Mind you most of the 8 years have been good I think alot of it is teenagers being self absorbed

hi to everyone hope your families are being kind to you

Hey

How is everyone going????????

Cant say im going good at all really..the ex has been arrested again, this time for domestic voilence against her partner..and the kids have been in trouble since they have been back there stealing and not coming home etc..

I dont know how to feel anymore. This has been going on for seven years and quiet frankly im over the ex dictating and controlling our lives with all her problems....its happening every day, every week, every month..since they have gone back it has been non stop drama..no family should have to go through this..and i defiantly shouldnt have another woman controlling my husband and making him run there everytime something goes wrong in her life..........hubby seems to forget that WE NEED him too...we need his time...his attn...but thats kinda hard when every minute he is running there looking after them...every time the phone rings i think HERE WE GO....we have been fighting about it and i made him choose...pick up his kids and stay away or come to the baby scan with me.....

Sometimes i wonder what i have gotten myself into and whether it would be easier on my own

Melster sounds like your having a rough time at the moment hope it improves soon
    I have also felt like being on my own would be easier at times

I’m going ok
    We also have dilemmas too the dss have moved out and are at their grandparents

They are just showing no respect and total disregard for the house rules
    My dh has chosen to let it lie for now they need to cool off some and I have needed the space from them after caring for them for the past 8 years don’t get me wrong I am committed to the family but have needed the space from them too
    Hopefully we can sort it out and they will come home

geeeeezzzzzzz so hard at times these blended families

hope everyone had a reasonable festive season

goodluck for 2011

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123