Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cars...

So whats the verdict on teh KIA? I am seeing lots of negative feedback on this car, but was thinking of it being the option for us. Now what?

Hi - I think with the Kia Carnival as they bought out new models they got better. I think my SIL had the first type and it had a lot of teething problems. My SIL aslo had a 100,000 k warranty with hers so most of the problems were covered by that. They used that up in under three years though and then got rid of the car.

Ive got an 8 seater 98 toyota landcruiser prado. When the baby arrives we wont fit in it anymore:eek: Has anybody ever heard of a 9 seater car???

Lol Jillian. My dad recommends a troop carrier

I am some what shocked that the average lgeer (familycar) sedan/station wagons don't actually have the room to fit 3 seats across the back seats. I am really strick about my boys using booster seats until they are tall enough to fit the adult seatbelts in cars. I don't like the little booster cushion/seat things you can buy. So Evan will be going into a lger booster seat & glenn wil move into Evans current booster seat & baby will of course be in a reversable baby car seat. I am yet to see a car where all three will fit in the same row of seating.

I have a VS Acclaim .. with 3 car seats (some times 2 car seats and a booster) .. all three fit well into the back seat .. we also have a langcruiser GXL .. they fit into that one as well ..

oh ok, I will have to look into those

What sort of price range do these cars have? Used?

I have a Kia Carnival, and its 1 yr old now, and we have had not a single problem with it, ( Oh I ran out petrol once, but thats it) So i highly recommend it for those needing the extra seating and a 9 seater I think mini bus is the only thing out there!!!! ( might as welll get a coach, and keep filling it LOL)

Rayla can you get a bench seat for the front, might be cheaper then a new car, lol. There is a family in town with a troop carrier they have 8 children.

Quote Originally Posted by mumofbundlezofjoy
    I have a Kia Carnival, and its 1 yr old now, and we have had not a single problem with it, ( Oh I ran out petrol once, but thats it) So i highly recommend it for those needing the extra seating and a 9 seater I think mini bus is the only thing out there!!!! ( might as welll get a coach, and keep filling it LOL)
    DH seen a double decka bus today & told DS that we will get one of those soon. DS asked why. "so we can fill it with lots of kids!"
    :eek: Now if he pointed out a mini van, yeah ok that may be do-able, BUT A DOUBLE DECKA BUS!!

Quote Originally Posted by mumofbundlezofjoy
    Friends at work have 4 kids in a blended family (8yo twin girls, 11yo girl & 13yo boy), they used to have a carnival but found it too small when you starting having to carry school bags, they now have a Oddesy and they've just come back from a trip from a round trip to Canberra from Brisbane in it and didn't have problems with luggage and kids space.

As there is a good chance that we'll have twins when we start IVF, we're looking at the Chrysler STR8 sports wagon (approx $85k on road when it is released in australia next year) or the 300C (about $65K on road), both these Chryslers are 2m wide and the back seat has 3 tether points so boosters/baby capsules will fit across (I've measured). I'd feel much safer driving one of these cars as they are solid and have some of the best standard features around.

tiggy Guest

We are a family of nine and we have a bus!
    It's a nine seater Ford Transit. It fits us all in nicely, babies and all.

Oh Tiggy - where did you buy it, how much was it and how is the seating set up? A 9 seater - yaaayyyy!!!!!

tiggy Guest

Hey Nat,
    It's second hand, it cost us $9,000. We found it by doing a search on the internet.
    It's set up two at the front, then 3 in the middle and four across the back.
    We currently have the babies and Lily in the middle as it has a walk through from the front but we are going to put one of them back soon as we are turning their seats around and putting them in and getting them out will be easier.
    We looked for ages and we were tossing up between a transit and a commuter.
    We have had to spend a bit of money to fix the old girl up (she's 10) but it is a very comfortable ride and the kids love it.
    If I was going new though, I would get the toyota commuter, it's 12 seats (so are the newer transits) but I believe cheaper to fix if something goes wrong.
    Good Luck, I hope you find what you are looking for.

12 seats just seems so big

Everyone I know already laughs when they see us coming, lol.

9 seats sounds just right, but then again, if I go one more time ( you just never know) I'll have to buy ANOTHER one.

tiggy Guest

Nat,
    I'd go the 12 seater if I had my time over so that there could be a few extras for personality combinations, if you know what I mean. With 9 seats and 9 people you are limited if one child is causing trouble with several of the others...

Don't worry, everyone laughs when they see us coming and I STILL want to go again!
    When we are sick friends call it the quarrantine bus.
    When we are noisy, people call it the loony bus
    My husband wanted to write on the side, this is NOT a spastic bus....
    funny...NOT

Oh Tiff that was funny! I really needed that today.

Ive just rung the RTA and they said for $250 I can get another seatbelt fitted into my car to make it a 9 seater!! Yaaayyyy!

I had a look at your web page. What a beautiful family you have!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast