Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cars...

Default Cars...

This was being discussed recently, so I thought I'd start it here too.

What sort of car do you have (ie. How many seats), do you have more than one car? We have been looking into the Kluger in the future when we have more family members So I'd love to hear opinions. Marc's not really a people mover type of guy LOL but I am still interested maybe we can sway him

*hugs*
    Cailin

Hi - we bought a fairmont when Caitlin was born as the family car. Seats five I guess. I wasn't that fussed after the pulsar, all I wanted was tinted windows and air con !

BUT NOW - I like those Territorys and figure, in two years, when people with them on leases go to upgrade, there might be a few available second hand. I'd never buy a brand new car, the thought of losing money as you drive it out of the show room would kill me.

A kinda mum has a Voyager van thing, and its just over the top - three different zones for the air con/heating ! She's got three children and two big dogs.

My SIL with four offspring has just bought a Hyundai Terracan and I think it looks a bit cheap. Before that they had a Carnival that spent more time at the dealers than at their place.

Barb.

hi

we have a vy commodore station wagon with 6 seats (1 ****ie seat in the rear) we'll get another put in when # 5 comes along

At the moment we have a VX series 2 Calaiis which give us plenty of room when we don`t have mark`s two boys but when little boy comes along the car will be full.

We`re considering a number of 7 seater vechiles for our second car once I`m pregnant again as the calaiis will not have enough seats for when we have the boys.

Take Care

Deeanne

We had 4 kids in our family , and we used to have a hilux as the family car, but it was way too squishy to have 4 people in the back seat, so we ended up getting a tarago(dont laugh! it was 15 yrs ago, when they were kinda cool) with 8 seats for the 6 of us. It was the ugliest car ever, but it did the job!!

tiggy Guest

We have a pajero that seats 7 people. If we have any more kids we are thinking along the lines of a transporter or a caravelle.

I only have one child but come from a family with four children. When my younger sister and I were little we had a Ford Station Wagon that had ****ie seats in the back. They would fold down when not in use. The only problem with this seat was we were facing out the back window and for someone who gets car sick its not the best kind of seat (just ask my sister lol).

Once all four of us were bigger we had an 8 seater van which we loved. Plenty of room left over to stretch as well. It was a VW rabbit van

Clare

WE have spent some time debating this issue, we currently have a ford fairmont, but not enough room for #4 We looked a 4wd's but the issues with these were. the access to the back seats, you either need to fold the seats down, which means moving a carseat in n out every time, climbing over the littlies, or in through the "back door". The other issue is the littlies need to be in the middle, so I can get them in and out with ease, and the big girls are only 6, but already 127cm tall, ( take after dad, whose 195cm( 6ft 4) so, leg room is a real issue. The ****y seats in a station wagon have the same leg room issue, plus girls get car sick, like me ( and there's NO way I would sit facing the back)
    Then we looked a people movers!! Well the tarago , you have to fold the seats down to get in the back , and with the 2 littlies in car seats for a while yet, the idea of moving seats drives me nuts, the chrysler voyager is nice, but very pricy. We are getting a new kia carnival, always said I would never buy a new car, but for the bits we want, tinted windows, ABS brakes, cruise control, its actually more expensive to buy 2nd hand and add the bits, than the deal we are getting!. Am a bit " oh golly" about having a people mover, but guess sometimes in life we have to be practical, not fun!!!
    Anyway that has been our decision over the past 3 months. So the carnival is on order, and willl be here about the same time as #4!!!!

We have a 2000 kia carnival, and I like it, it is nice to drive adn the kids can walk through to the back seats as it is a 7 seater not an 8 seater. We brought privately for less than $20000 so we were happy. our only prob is with 2 baby seats it is hard to get past them into the back but it's doable. Once the baby seats go it will be much roomier.

I looked at taragos and wasn't happy with the private used price, $30000 odd for a 10 -15yr car. I didn't really want the 4WD, guess the size scared me, but now DH has nothing to tow the boat, so we may end up buying a 2nd hand 4wd too.

Cheers Michelle

My parents had a Mercedes when we were fairly young & had a 4th seatbelt put into the back. So we had 4 across a regular back seat for a while.

We then had a Ford Spectron van which had 8 seats.

Then eventually had a Nissan Patrol 4WD with 7 seats.

I have 4 boys and am ttc no.5 and we have a 2003 kia carnival and it's the best car I have ever had!(since kids of course) The older kids walk through to the back and there is less noise,because the older ones are so far back. We also looked at Torago's but I hated them and a Crysler voyager was way out of our price range. I like the ford Territory but you can't beat sliding doors both sides and no need to climb over or around seats! Once you get in it and drive for a while you forget it's a people mover and it drives similar to a sedan.
    Jan

juzzy7 Guest

Hi

We've just purchased a 2004 Hyundai Trajet, 7 seater & it is fantastic. The back 3 seats are removeable which is very handy.

We're planning on having another baby in 2007 so that's why we've purchased a 7 seater. It's also got a 5yr warranty which has 4yrs left.

HTH

HI Jussy
    are your dd's twins too?

Bets wishes Michelle

juzzy7 Guest

Michelle, yep, fraternal, born at 32.2weeks.

Cheers

mooshie Guest

well we only have 2 children at the moment - so our ford falcon is fine - downside for eg is if we need to pick up someone from the airport and take the kiddies = then one of us can't go. hopefully we will have another child in the not to distant future and with this in mind my dh is up for his company car lease in june and he is going to ask for a ford territory with 7 seats (it will mean we will have to put money into it as the price is higher than he is allowed) we will then buy the car in 3yrs time when he gets another - i am so thankful for dh having a company car and it is good we get first option to buy it at wholesale when time comes to replace and i am also allowed to drive it so double bonus. fingers crossed we get the territory - we have already test driven one lmao.

That's great Michelle- it must have been nice, esp brand new. It is good when you can do the company car thing FIL does it too, but when you pown your own business, you don't get that.
    CHeers Michelle

BruSav Guest

Default Re: Cars...

Quote Originally Posted by Cailin
    This was being discussed recently, so I thought I'd start it here too.

What sort of car do you have (ie. How many seats), do you have more than one car? We have been looking into the Kluger in the future when we have more family members So I'd love to hear opinions. Marc's not really a people mover type of guy LOL but I am still interested maybe we can sway him

*hugs*
    Cailin
    Kluger is a great option. We bought one 7 weeks ago, and with 7 seats is versatile, very economical and very comfortable. My wife thinks it is a great drive and she says this after driving a large family sedan. It goes well off the bitumin too! The Kluger CV Sport is in limited numbers and at $43600 drive away is good value. Ford Territory was our 2nd choice, but it has high fuel consumption and offers no other advantages over the Kluger

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Once is enough, thanks BruSav.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast