Thread: help with decision?!?!?!?!!?

Default help with decision?!?!?!?!!?

ok peoples i have a blended famly question for you....

(my family all live in perth too)
    my parents divorced when i was 6 and my dad remairried when i was about 10 i think, then this year he remarreid again, so i have 1 mumy, 1 exstepmum and a current step mum... following so far
    now i talk to my first stepmum regularly and we were gettign fairly close- i can talk to her and we are friends, she is also the mother of my two sisters, and my current step mum and i can barely put 2 words together - i just took an instant disliking to her and she to me apparantly,
    now i was talkign to stepmum #1 yesterday and she mentioned that shes hopingto see me for the christening, and iwasnt sure if i was going to invite her and her fiancee, now i guess my sisters have told her shes invited...

so my question is, i would love to have stepmum #1 here for the christening and im not sure if my dad will fly over with his new wife and i know my mum will be here and im not sure what to do, do i send them all invitations then just hope they all play nice? my dad has suddenly decided that its time he be nice to my mother and try to be her friend - which i know she will not do...

so im at a loss. a christening is supposed to be a wonderful time but with the way that my fathers new wife behaved at my wedding im sure she will probably will throw a spanner inthe works and cause a huge fight!!!

HELP!!

Why not hire a couple of bouncers for the day and get them to remove anyone who starts to squabble :P

Sorry I can't offer any more constructive advice but I can send a

sounds like a plan actually heheheh
    thanks!

thanks carley,
    have just found out my dad is making a surprise visit here in jan to see bubs (hope he will be in time) so i might have a chat to him, but he is very defensive of the new wife - i have brought up her behaviour at our wedding and he blamed it on my mother who says of course that she didnt do what she is being accused of....
    maybe ill just invite them all, notify each of whose coming and trust that they will play nice for me for one day!!!

Invite them all! Let them sort themselves out, you'll probably hardly notice them anyway I had everyone to my wedding and they managed to play nice.

Maybe you could just tell your dad that you're inviting your step-mum (current) under the condition that she behaves herself! That's what I'd do

It's so hard when they are *blinded* by love. My Dad is the same. He thinks that his entire family is just being spiteful by not liking his wife.

Anyway, Carley has a great suggestion - make it very clear to them that it would hurt you immensely if they carried on with rot on your babys big day. From the sound of it though the only problem would be with his wife and not your exSM. Besides, she has become a close friend of yours now, so it shouldn't matter what the familial relationship used to be.

thanks ladies!!
    great advice!