Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Large Families - April & May 2005

I agree with you Vanita! We also planned our 5th and comments people can make are so RUDE! can't wait for the next load of remarks if we decide to go for number 6. The guy at the car dealership when we bought an 8 seater car actually rolled his eyes when we were discussing the benefits of buying the 8 seater over a 7 seater. The main reason we bought the 8 seater was then we wouldn't have to look for another car if number 6 was going to happen.

What is it with society where we feel we have the right to decide how many kids are right for someone else!!!
    It cracks me up, you get engaged 1st question people ask"when are you getting married"
    You get married" when are you having a baby"
    You have a baby " when are you having another"
    After 3 babys " what you want MORE???"

Well how was my Mum's form. She knew I always wanted 4. When I got pg with no. 3 she asked me "Did you plan that?" But 3 months later when my brother and his gf got pg she didn't ask them that and they had no house and hadn't planned it, I was really annoyed with her and told her so.

You would think you had asked people to pitch in and pay for a child or something.

Nat if you guys want to go again good luck and hope you don't have to listen to too much crap.
    Michelle

tiggy Guest

I found when I take all five kids out that I get the rudest comments like, 'don't you know what a television is'? People don't even know anything about us, don't stop to see that the boys don't look anything like my girls, just assume that they are all mine. Yeah, 3 9 yr olds and 2 7 year olds. Triplets and then rock back up for twins!! People will be people and pass judgement no matter what, if you have only one child they tell you that they 'need a brother or sister so they won't be spoilt' and if you have more than two they 'don't know how you cope' and 'those kids must be a handful'!

After I had the twins my Dad told me to stop. He said he only had two laps and couldn't cope with any more grandkids! When Lily came into our lives he didn't come to the hospital to visit, in fact stayed away for three weeks before he came to his senses!
    After Lily, I wrote him a letter saying that I planned on having at least four children. He was mortified!

After we lost William though, he's been pretty good, even commenting about 'when the next one comes along'. So I guess he has learnt to live with my wanting to have a large family.

Tiff - that is so sad about your Dad's attitude, and sort of strange as really the number of kids you have doesn't really effect him that much. I am glad he has come around, after all, the more there are the more love to go around LOL!

And people are so rude aren't they, even if you did have triplets then twins what is it to do with them. I guess sometimes it is a surprise to people as they don't expect people to have more than 3, I guess the NORM is 2. I was thinking though and lots of times, if people get 1 of each then they stop, and if they don't they go for the third. When I had girl then boy I was told that I didn't have to have anymore kids, cos I had my pair, I looked very strangely at them cos I didn't aim to have kids so that I had one of ea sex so....why did they think that?

Michelle

*Yvette* Guest

I'm starting to find people are assuming we've been having accidents. I've decided to just ignore most comments or give a really brief answer if I need to, & not get into the habit of feeling I need to justify our existence. I do feel quite proud of how many kids we will soon have, but strangely also I've gotten used to it, like I've always taken it for granted that it would happen one way or another. We're working slowly on having lots of pets too, having just adopted Spook the parrot. Lots of kids and animals, lovely!!

OK it is pretty sombre in here at the moment. I liked the party mood.

yvette- just as long as you are happy with how many kids you have then really it matters very little what anyone else thinks.

So anything exciting happening in anyones lives? Some people seem to have soap opera lives and then there's my life, full on but not very eventful. I know I am looking forward to the lunch on the 5th, shame I won't be doing too much drinking as I have a long drive, but can't wait to taste the food and meet all the girls.

Cheers michelle

I am quite nervous about it. Havent even decided if I will REALLY go. I want to its just taking that leap, and doing it!!! I always have a picture in my mind about what you girls look like, and am scared that I'm sooo way off!!!

Oh Vanita PLEASE come. I have to drive about an hour and a half and I too am nervous but I have met some of the girls before, Arron and I went to a dinner and it was so much fun and the girls were so lovely, I met Kelly and Cailin, and Fi and Karyne. PLEASE, PLEASE.....

I have said this before, and I don't want to offend anyone, but I think the thing about meeting people online and then offline has this sort of stigma attached to it, like only weird people do it, but we are all really normal LOL.
    Cheers Michelle

Hey are you accusing me of being NORMAL ???????
    Coz I'm sorry I'm not * proud grin* I'm a bit weird, I dont agree that anyone is normal, it doesnt exist!!!! 8-[
    I think I will, oh well I'll just have to call in sick at work though, coz its a long way to drive with no sleep in over 18 hrs, and then to have to drive home too, and take the kids to swimming, coz then it would be about 29 hrs since I got up til I could go to bed again, and I'm only expecting to get 4 hrs on Wednesday coz we have the 1st visit to the midwifery clinic in warragul at 10, so I wont get to go to bed til lunch time...... Yeah look if DH gets his car trouble sorted out, so I've got a car I 'll come, just look for my avatar.hahahahah, ( add about 200 kg onto it)

*Yvette* Guest

I met DH online, but neither of us think we're normal either, lol.

We had to get 2 trolleys at the supermarket the other day, & I just know we'll need something else before payday. Back to the online shopping for us. We buy uht full milk in packets of 12 litres, 9 loaves of bread at a time, the nappy buying is just gonna be crazy soon....

Hey party chicks, how are you all going?

I have one child atm and would love to have at least 4, but age may stop me.... anyway, I think it is fantastic that you have large familes. My DH is the youngest of 7, and having all those brothers and sisters around is great. Sure it's hard work and my MIL and FIL did it tough, they weren't rich by any means (they also had a couple of foster kids).

When we lost my FIL suddenly a couple of years ago, you really appreciate the support of all the family, not saying that you don't get that if there only a couple of you, but it makes it easier.

Okay then, keep on boogying

PS, Vanita - please come, you'll know how normal and sane we really are! I've met Kelly and Cailin IRL too and they are the nicest ladies...

*Yvette* Guest

Go for it Nell, you can't be as old as me!

Hope you make it Vanita, didn't realize you wouldn't have had any sleep.

Oh Vanita- I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to sleep, I know I ewould want to. Point taken on the normal thing. OK I prob am not normal either but I still want to meet you! LOL

Nell I had 4 over 10 yrs but it is easy to do it in less. How old are you now? I reckon you can do it. LOL Of course having 4 over 10 yrs was prob easier than 4 in 5yrslol. I agree it is nice to have lots of family, our extended family have always been really close so it is nice.

Yvette- I would love to grocery shop online but they don't deliver to Kilmore. IKWYM about the trolley thing, my trolly was 3/4 full on Fri with just topups and it cost $173. I did have a hair dye and a few sort of expensive things but to do a full shop we need the big trolley and no kids in it. So I either go by myself or Arron and the kids come and the babies stay in the pram. Much better alone!

Well must dash and get jessica out of bed, Jemma is sleeping, Josh is playing nicely and Jordan is at my Mum's so house has been quiet, although definitely messy (doesn't clean itself while I am online, not a very well trained house, must think of a punishment for it!)

Cheers Michelle

Wow think of the money you'd make if you invented a self cleaning house ,, \/ I want one!!!!
    As I said if I come I'll probably call in sick the night b4 so I dont look tooooo much like s**t , Oh by the way I have a lovely maternity wardrobe, so will be dressed to the nines, NOT!!!!!!

I do hope to come would love to meet you all, just as long as you all keep your eyes closed and not look at me ( I dont like to blind people LOL)

AArgh lost the post.

Oh well, I was saying that my pg wardorobe was always pretty crappy, I should have made a good investment for the first pg cos I would have got the wear out of the stuff. I did have some nice stuff (maybe 3 things) I reallyliked but after the 3rd bub I sold it all on ebay and then decided to have the 4th, so had to start all ovcer again. I mostly wore trackpants and tshirts, so not much to go out in.

Hope to see you Vanita, no matter what you are wearing.

Cheers Michelle

Yeah I gave all my pg clothes away after #3 to the op shop! DOH then #4 decided to appear on the scene, well you know how it is, doubt there will be #5 so am not spending too much on maternity clothes, just a few pieces that I will wear non stop for a few months!!

Well if mat clothes weren't so pricy it wouldn't be so bad, would it. Now that I have definitely finished I am enjoying going through the wardrobe and removing all the pg items and all the old daggy stuff I held onto for 10 yrs just in case I needed to wear it.

Cheers Michelle

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast