Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Large Families - April & May 2005

Sounds like this party is happening. LOL at the karaoke machine, can just see us all half p'd singing and dancing away

Michelle, woohoo, that's a whole $10 for us to get drunk on. Cheap aren't we.

Yvette, your right I can't beat you. I only have on ex that I have kids with. Although he was my hubby, wasn't stupid enough to marry him, just to have kids with him, hmmm maybe that was worse atleast I could've just left the marriage, I have the kids for life I agree I think we need to tell the men it's a Tupperware party, how much do they hate those. Doesn't work the same if it's an underwear party though. My eldest DS is a sticky beak too, if I'm on the phone he wants to know who it is. If I'm on hear he wants to know who I'm chatting too and what it's about. No way in hell I could ever have an affair he'd be one to me straight away

Take care
    Trish

tiggy Guest

Name: Tiggy (Tiff)
    State: country, NSW
    Children: Imogen (9) Madeline (9) Lily (7), AJ (9) & Mal (7) (I foster both the boys)
    Pets: Linus and nelson (dogs) Milo, Mintie, Vegemite (cats) Lollipop & Lemon (budgies) fish and various uninvited rodents ( we live in the country)
    Interests: scrapbooking, BB, shopping, kids, Photography

Hope you don't mind if I join in too!

__________________________________________________ ___________

*Yvette* Guest

Hi Tiff, wow you're a midwife. How cool! Imogen & Madeline are twins? I'm having twins & know one other mum on BB (Vanita) who has 6 yo daughters. (see above, she's in here). Have you ever delivered twins (or should I say attended a mum birthing twins, lol. I've been reading lots of birth books lately). Good to have you here. How long have you been fostering? Do you like beer? Chocolate?

tiggy Guest

Hi Yvette,

Yep, a midwife but not a very effective one at the moment. I had a son 12 months ago and he died five days later. Since then, I have been very untrusting of myself and the birth process but I am going to a low risk birth unit next week, so I'm hoping to be with some women who have nice normal birth to restore my faith.

Yep, Immy and Maddy are twins, aside from their birth I have been in with two women who have birthed twins. One was a twin 1 vaginal birth, followed by an emergency caesarean, the second was normal vaginal birth with one head down and the other breech!! Amazing to be there, amazing women who can birth their babies and amazing doctor who believes in vaginal breech and did everything in his power to allow the lady to have the kind of birht she wanted. Have also seen a triplet birth, although it was doctors only putiing their hands on babies but each baby had to have a midwife, so there were three of us there, as well as several doctors and paedeatricians.

I've been fostering for four years in July and the boys are with us permanantly now until they are 18. They are my sisters boys.

I love chocolate but can't have it as I put on weight oh so easily and besides, we are TTC #5 and it's a no chockie zone for the large part of my cycle
    Beer, I 'm not so hot on!! LOL

Congrats on your twinnies, you will love it and hate it. I loved watching my girls together as they were growing up. So cute and sweet.
    It must be amazing having this little person with you all your life, someone who is the same age and knows you better than you know yourself.

Do you know if they are girls or boys? Are they identical or fraternal?
    How exciting!
    I would love to have twins again, they certainly fill up your life but they are just fascinating and every day is different!

Wow Tiff we too are foster carers. But we are having a break right now and will reassess how things go after our bub is born. Its amazing how many of us there are out there!

Jo

Hi Tiff and welcome- so sorry to hear about your little boy, good luck with ttc again. If it's not too personal a question, and feel free not to answer, why are the boys with you guys? I have often thought about fostering, but at the moment I guess I feel I need to give my time and love to my kids and we are not in the position, of course different thing about fostering in the family. It is so funny, we had no mum's of twins and now we have 3, very exciting. It must be amazing to see any birth but multiple births even more so, not to mention you had one yourself.

Jo- how long have you been fostering for? Do you get subsidies to help financially with the fostering or is it all on your back?

Vanita- maybe by the time you have your little man I will be able to drink more than 2 drinks at a sitting! When are you due again?

I have some karaoke cds here, so we will sound wonderful!LOL

Funny how men run a mile from most party plan stuff isn't it!

ANyway must go and put tea on and change one stinky baby!

Hope your Noah is starting tofeel better soon Trish.

Cheers michelle

tiggy Guest

Hey Michelle,

No it's not too personal. My sister is a drug addict and DoCs took them away from her when she abandoned them over Easter because she wanted to go on a drug fest. It's as simple as that. My parents had already had them for six months before that and found it exhausting. They said they couldn't take them again and so the gentle pressure was put on me to take them in. It started off temporary but my sister will never change and so now has become permanent.
    It was a big decision for us and sometimes we still struggle with it (me especially). My sister is due to have another baby any day and DoCS are letting her keep this one,which I can't understand. I guess I struggle with her not being part of my life, that it is my job now to give her boys the best I can give them and try not to concern myuself with her day to day living. It is very rewarding though, especially when the little one (who is DD) started talking and he is toilet trained now and can swim and jump and run, all things that he couldn't do before.

Midwifery is amazing! I love it as a career, just finding it hard to get my head around at the moment.

Jo, good to see a fellow foster carer! Sometimes I feel like I am the only one!! Will you do it again?

Hi girls, I have a lot of admiration for someone who takes on another persons kids, but I guess I would do the same if my sister and brothers kids needed looking after
    I am due in july Michelle, starting to get big fat heffalumpish!!! Which is your favourite vodka cruiser flavour?? can we share a 6 pack, ( passionfruit is mine!!)

HI Vanita- I love pineapple the most but I would drink most flavours no probs, don't really like the green one though! I wuold happily share the 6 pack with you and Trish, hopeless drinkers that we are. What date in July? My Joshua was born on the 14th. i loved being pg in winter and having the baby then too, the only pg I hated was the Feb one, too hot, too puffy.

Tiff- you have done a wonderful thing for the boys, it is tough when you have 3 of your own to take the extras. How sad about your sister, I hope things turn out ok for the new baby. Is she allowed any contact or is that a bad idea? How do the boys cope? Do you get a centrelink payment for the boys or do you have to pay yourself?

My back is killing me and I think I have a cracked rib or have something badly wrong with the muscle along the rib right near my stomach. I am in loads of pain. Am gonna get the heat pack soon and go and eat twisites, YUM!
    Cheers Michelle

I am actually due on the 22nd, and have never had a winter baby the big girls were december, and Rianna was september, I don't think I'll wait til my due date though, coz have been early with all the others

How lucky are you being early when so many of us here are holder oner's, me included. I know Nat (mum5boys) has been late everytime, and I was 3 out of 4 so hope it all works out for you being early again, although not too early. How long did you go with the twins again?

Cheers Michelle

*Yvette* Guest

Boppy music for sure Vanita. I’ll be into the karaoke too!

Tiff, I’m so sorry for the loss of your son. That must have been a dreadful time for you. I hope things improve for you with how you feel about the birth process. The world needs good midwives! Is it something you’ve posted about on BB?

My babies are identical girls, one placenta, 2 sacs. I saw a few twin births on discovery channel last night, not one of them got away without a C-section, bloody Americans. I know it’s possible for a transverse 2nd baby to turn at the last minute, so I’m doing lots & lots of reading & have a zillion questions to harass the poor hospital doctors/midwives with. You mentioned an amazing dr who believes in vaginal breech, doesn’t it peeve you that something any competent dr should know all about is considered a rarity to even attempt. (rant, grumble, rant….)

Hats off to you taking in your sister’s kids. I’m sure I’d do the same without hesitation, but it certainly must be a big load, practically & emotionally. I’m sure the love & feeling of achievement makes it worthwhile.

That’s great that there’s another twins mum here, 3 of us so far that I’ve found. I think there might be one other in TTC section, just glanced upon her in baby clothes section. Will check it out.

Michelle, are you getting your back looked at? When did you last go to the doctor, aren’t you s’posed to be having a gastroscopy soon too? Heat pack & twisties can’t fix everything y’know, you looking after yourself?

the twins came at 33 weeks and Rianna at 36 weeks 8-[ so hoping for another early!!! ( 8months is better than 9!!)

Yvette- your make a terrific Mum, the way I just got lectured LOL.

I am still waiting for the gastroscopy, must call tomorrow to enquire how much longer. I had a back tment 2 Thrusdays ago but didn't get another in within the week like the back man wanted, so now I am suffering. Another thing to do tomorrow. I will try to look after myself but it is hard when I am so busy!

Vanita- 8 months is a terrific length for pg.

Cheers Michelle

hey what happened to our party in here??? we were having the alcohol, karaoke, and everything, now we are all asleep!?? I was enjoying the party to, ( just getting loose!!)
    HELLO * echo echo echo* Yeah thought the room was empty, oh well I'll keep dancing by myself , just call me scott ( scott no friends) I'm sure the kiddlets will eventually let you out to play with me!!!!!

Hey what cheeses me off, is that everyone assumes I am regretting this bub, and hey 4 kids, are you mad. NOW I know this was an oopsie pg, but it isnt right that people ASSUME this is so!!!

Vanita, I got the same thing when I fell pg withTehya. I must admit I was abit worried about how I would cope with 4 kids and in a way I guess that it might be abit easier for me as I have 2 older boys (13 and 10) and then the younger 2. Then again I seem to be covering all bases with kids. I have the teen, the pre teen, the toddler and the newborn!!! The teen and the toddler have to be the hardest.

4 kids just means a bigger car, oh and an extra bedroom

It is very rude for people to assume anything negative be it your first or your fourth baby.

Take care
    Trish

*Yvette* Guest

Gone off my party mood temporarily, it'll come back. Having dramas finding medical support for vaginal birth of monochorionic twins. Also, trying to get some washing & vacuuming done & took the kitty to the vet.

I was wondering when someone would bring up the thing about 'you must be mad to have so many kids". I get it mainly from my mum, I say to her if you don't want more kids, don't have them, these are my kids and I want them!

I do feel a bit defensive about it sometimes, but I've always pictured myself with a big family, & we're stoked to be having 2 more. It's coming back into vogue anyway, ageing population and all that. I suppose if I was very idealistic I could have adopted instead of having my own, thus not contributing to global overpopulation, but this way was easier, & I figure my kids are all turning out so well I'm doing a good thing for the world bringing up decent human beings.

Well I've stopped for my cuppa, better crank up that vacuume again before Angus needs another nap.

I laugh Vanita cos what you say is so true. We actually did plan our 4th and I felt like I had to tell people that, and really it has nothing to do with anyone. And if it was/had of been an accident it would have changed nothing for me. I always wanted 4 and i really didn't care what anyone said, but now people keep saying we should have 5, why stop, we have a spare seat in the car. Annoying all the time.
    CHeers michelle

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast