Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Larger Families Chatter ~ March 2007

tiggy Guest

Just a big white bomby bus here, maz, no such luxury vehicle in my driveway!

O I love the voyager too! none here though, we have a trajet. Almost as good!

I tried the Voyager & was not impressed. It is spacious but drives like a truck imho. If I am going to fork out the hard-earned I want a car that's easy to drive..

Tiff, apparently AJ is exactly one month older than Luke. The boys were talking about this at breakfast & think it's very significant, not sure why!

I think my iron is broken, it seems to be putting heaps of creases in the clothes!!
    Maybe I should just quit & never iron again.
    I really hate days like this, I was trying to get everything done for the weekend & I just kept stuffing things up. I even got as far as putting Katie's pretty unicorn bottom sheet on Dylan's bed. Ahhhhhhhh I need a vacation.

ROFL Storm - my iron has been 'broken' for 5 years..hahahahhaah Im so illergic to ironing. OH WIlhelm loves 'Kermit' so he just told me
    castle - dont like the sound of it being like a truck but then I have an older model ford explorer and that is a b'astard at the best of times (tempremental thing it is)
    tiggy - I love a bomby bus, If it was up to NIkolaus and I we'd have a VW combi but Jed's parents had one as a kid and hates them now. The new ones look like shoe boxes, so square
    Going to sew some more nappy covers today and make easter hats for the boys easter parades for school,a ny excuss to have a bit of fun
    Later

We have a Kia carnival but brought the 2000 model which has an engine problem, it is going ok, but starting to get oil in the water, so stay away from ones bf 2002, cos they all had the same thing. We have to try and get Kia to fix it, just had lots of other things going on and not had time to organise things. We don;t want to have to pay cos a Kia person said they would fix it for nothing a few years back.

Hope you have a nice day Maz doing something relaxing.

We have skipped Little aths due to rain...YAY no better reason to not go, need that rain for sure

Jem has a party at 11am so going to get brekky going round here and get ready for the party

I have done the most ironing ever since I started making stuff to sell, cos it needs to look nice when it leaves here, but Jemma asked me at age 3 and a half what the iron was cos she had never seen it pmsl, so not much ironing goes on around here lol
    have a great weekend everyone

tiggy Guest

iron? What's an iron???

I asked Dave the question, Castle, Why it's important for boys to know birthdays? He shrugged. It's just something they NEED to know, he reckons!

I iron only my "good" things...& sometimes dh's shirts if I'm on a roll. Otherwise, he does his own while watching footy
    I have a 9kg natural gas dryer which is fan-tastic & helps eliminate ironing (we also have limited clothesline space, but I still wouldn't iron very much). I even do the boys' school blazers in the dryer...another mum with the same dryer told me to wash & dry them & skip the dry cleaning.
    The birthday thing is funny. When DS no 3 was due in November, the older 2 were keen for him to be born on their best friends' b-days (also November). My MIL was hoping for the date of a distant ancient relative. I was appalled & wanted him to have his OWN day! He was born on Remembrance Day, which is very nice. LOL, I was hoping for 11 am...you'd think a 4th labour would be easy & quick...instead it was 9 pm!

Ha Castle- I wanted my kids to have their own birthdays too, and all but the last did. Jessica was due the 4th and I went late with the other 3 so didn't consider going early. Little bugger came 2 days early on my cousins 19th bday. So now they share a day and as we are close it does complicate things in the way of celebrating her birthday night with the rellies. Your dryer sounds great to me

We have patterns in our kids b'days although Angel is the only one whose b'day is shared ( with millions ) but Zac & Dylan are August & 11 days apart, Amy & Katie are 14/11 & 14/12 & Angel's is 11 days apart from Katie!Angel was due on 14/1 I really wish she was born then.

we almost had Vy on jed's 30th birthday and she was born a day before fathers day (got out of that one cheap PMSL) the twins would have been due around my 2 SIL's bfday's and my oma's.

tiggy Guest

Immy, Maddy and Lily were all due on the 10th July but the twins were five weeks early and Lily, three.
    I guess I was fertile around October
    Immy and Maddy were born on David's parent's wedding anniversary!

mbeckham Guest

hi there
    my name is moira i have 5 children 10 9 6 and 9an half mth old twins the 3 eldest are from 1st marriage and the twins are 2nd marriage the twins were ivf as i had my tubes tied after no3 and i was told the risks were too high for reversal and much easier to go thru ivf absolutely rapt with all my children as only my 9yo was natural conception i would really like to chat with other mothers who have more than the norm 2.5kids as i know i m not crazy (i m sure if i keep telling myself that it will be true lol)

Hi Moira, yes there are plenty of us out there! You're not crazy . Although after all the trouble of getting my big two off to school this morning, I'm looking at the little ones & wondering how I can do this all over again...the forgotten homework, missing shoes, etc.

Hi Moira and welcome
    School holidays have hit here. Im going to take the kids to an indoor play center and let them run their energy out. Then im going to work them like horses (heheheheh) and get them to help me do some paving outside. They feel really useful when I ask them for their opinion (better then yelling for a change PMSL)

HI Moira and welcome, maybe we are crazy lol how would we know if we were or not with so many kids lol They are worth every minute of craziness especially when they are asleep, or dancing like Jessica was last night, she was just gorgeous grooving around lol

wEll my sister and I were a day apart and 6 yrs. She was born the day bf I turned 6. Jordan and jessica are 2 weeks apart but due dates for them were 4th and 6th of sept. My mc was due a week after Joshua's bday, and I so didn;t want to go on his bday, but it wasn't to be. Our Jemma is different to the others but she is an odd number like arron and I nad the others are evens lol And Jemma is the one with the different colour eyes too.
    I know we all think our kids are smart but Jessica blew me away the other day. We were playing the Dora scrabble game andthere was a pool of letters and these cards that you had to make the words on. All by herself she folund the letters t r e e and put them on the card right way up and everything. She is 2 and 6 mths. Seems like she may pick up reading very quickly ifshe keeps along that path. She was also counting and pointing to ea thing as she went. counted the 5 tiles in the word stars and told me their were 5. I was so proud of her

Maz school hols here too. 2nd day today. Josh has been in ttrouble twice yesterday lets hope he is better today. My kids have the school holidays and then 1 day back at school and we are leaving to go to Mackay for BIL's wedding so they are going to be so feral when they get back from the trip, basically a 4 week holiday. Not good for my sanity I don't think lol

OH MIchelle, BIL could have timed that better ROFL. He will get his karma when he has kids. IM waiting for my SIL to get married and find out that having kids isnt the easy road she seems to think it is. She's a nurse in the kids ward and thinks she knows everything about kids...blah blah blah..Im so hanging for paybacks!!!!!

pmsl yeah it is true, things are def different pnce you have your own kids. Its like DH and BIL were talking about going on a group fishing charter thing as a bucks outing and BIL said that Josh aged 7 could come. I said NO not when they will be drinking and fishing and in the ocean. He said it would be perfectly safe and fine, they would watch him.....YEAH right. Men do not watch kids the way a mother watches kids and alcohol makes it even worse. So will not be happening, he argued with me about it for ages, my standard line now is, "I gave birth I have the final say in what the kids do and don't do!! end of story". The only good thing about the timing is that we get to spend the 2nd week on the gold coast in off peak time, saving us about $400 in accomodation. Already we have spent $3500 on airfares and accomodation, and we haven't got there yet. So an expensive venture and as all 4 kids and DH are in the wedding we have no choice either to save any money.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast