Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Larger Families Chatter ~ March 2007

tiggy Guest

hi Sharon,
    Welcome aboard!

Oh Castle , how terrible!!

All better now. We got all the water pumped away (finally) and the hot water heater actually re-lit after the plumber came & spoke very kindly to it! Same for our neighbours. Insurance is paying for a new one though. I really don't care as long as it works, but with gas you don't want to mess about.
    Welcome Sharon!

Hey there Girls

Sorry haven't checked in for a while - I've had sick kids too. You know how it goes the first one gets it and passes it down the line. By the time the first one is well again the sixth one is ready to reinfect him! Viscious cycle but we are swallowing huge amounts of echinea to try and keep the bugs away!

Now holidays are coming any bright ideas from you ladies would be helpful. My kids are 7,5,4,3,9months and my oldest is 14 but has cerebal palsy so nothing too physical for him. I am hoping I may get some fresh ideas of things to do, so please share anything you have.

Thanks
    Bree

hey Bree i ve a fee ideas do your kid like to do crafty stuff like gluing cutting painting ive been putting stuff aside for a while with holidays coming when you go shopping i go to the cheap shops buy cheap wrapping paper ribbon cupcake cases ect some sissers pots of glue and start making master pieces save all the old food boxes loo paper rolls some cello paper is good my kids are happy for ages if you have old mags cut them up too it takes a while to set it all up but its worth it, cooking is good not just muffins cake ect do dinner for DH they get alot more satisfaction out of it.We dont have a lot of cash so i have to think of cheap things to do i plan a head it helps. I hope this helps
    kath

Hi guys, Gosh I've been MIA for ages. Life is always full of melodrama in this house with my 4 DD's DS is still an angel, lol give him time and I'll group him with his sisters. I can't believe Nathan is one tomorrow. We are having a little party for him tomorrow afternoon, just me and the kids. Should be fun. I got a little Wiggles cake for him and cherrios and fairy bread, chip and lollies, but you'll be guaranteed that DD2 will ask what are we having for dinner, lol. I usually make the birthday cakes but with studying and being on my own I just don't have the time this year. I figure, he doesn't know or care, in fact it sounds terrible but if it wasn't for the big girls I wouldn't be doing anything tomorrow, I would have waited a couple of weeks. Oh well this isn't getting my assignment finished so I'd better go.
    Congrats on ther new car's girls
    A big hi to everyone.
    Ta Dee

to Nate.

Hi all,

Nate.

How is everyone?

Wow I can't belive it's nearly school holidays, I'll really have to find something for them to do or they'll drive me nuts! lol!

School holidays are next week here too.
    Not planning anything, unfortunately I have a grounded teenager, so making a point these hols.
    Gonna be boring for the rest of us.

tiggy Guest

Happy first birthay Nate!

My three big kids have left for the school camp to Canberra and the Snowy mountains today. We almost had to take out another loan to get them there but they are on their way now. Four days. I'm not sure how I feel. It's kind of weird. It will certainly be very quiet.

Other than that Ivy is recovering nicely from her pneumonia. I think that is all of our exciting news.

What am I going to do with the kids these school holidays? I'm not sure yet.

Yay for Ivy getting better Tiff. Did it take her long?
    It took Angel almost 3 weeks to get over bronchiolitis.

Wow at going to the snowies too, Katie gets to go soon too. Imagine how cold it is gonna be there!! Poor buggars, but they are prob gonna have too much fun to care.

HI there

Thanks Kittykat for those ideas sounds great. I know what ya means doing things the cheap way. If ya just had 2 kids it wouldn't be so bad to take them somewhere but by the time you times it by 6 even without the food its almost bankrupty! Family tickets are usually for only 2 or 3 kids! Oh well I shouldn't grumble I wouldn't be without any of them most of the time!! It our wedding anniversary today so we are sending the kids of to bed early and having cheesecake and watching a dvd and then...well never you mind!!!

4 days till holidays - stay sane!

Bree

H ah ahaha Bree!! Another in the making?
    Happy anniversary & have a great night!!

tiggy Guest

Hey Jo,
    she is in the forth week of it. She has to get rid of it soon.

Gosh, that's a long time!
    Hope she is getting better .

tiggy Guest

I think it just started off as an innocent cold Jo and just got away from us. We've only known about the pneumonia for a few days, it's just the latest addition IYKWIM.

Angel's started off as a cold too, it's so scary to think it can happen, 'just like that'
    Zaccie has picked up another cold now, so I'm crossing my fingers it doesn't start all over again, because they have just gotten over it.
    Last edited by storm; June 19th, 2007 at 10:00 PM. Reason: opps wrote it does start again, no way thanks

Ohhhh thanks guys, Nate had a great day, he's now fast asleep tucked up in bed. The girls and I threw him a lovely little party. I just got off the phone to DH...does anyone have any idea how much an overseas phone call cost for a 98min call......:eek: oops. Lol we had the best chat, I hate having to only talk for a few mins, it makes me ache for him. I miss him terribly. Anyway he will definitely be home on the 20th of August and goes again on the 26th September. This isn't a long term arrangement, just a couple of years, Goooooodddd, when I say it like that it seems long,lol. But in the scheme of things......
    Storm I would have been ropeable.....
    Hi Bree, Happy Anniversary.
    Gee Tiff how's the quiet......edit: ohh poor little thing, good to see she is on the mend.
    I love school holidays, I can't wait....no getting up early organising kids,running kids around to sporting venues,agghhhh how's the serenity, lol Report cards come home tomorrow, I think I'll keep them home Th and Fri. They won't be doing anything anyway and I really need to concentrate on grtting my assignment done.
    Last edited by Coolabahdee; June 19th, 2007 at 10:05 PM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast