Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Larger Families - September~February '06

Hiya ladies...we are the same..we dont have hols til April 14th thank goodness...is a long school term though..the kids will be knackered by the end of it.

Jo

tiggy Guest

Hi girls,
    Just thought I'd check in, I know it's been a while but with having the twins, it has been very hectic.

We are just about to go off on our first holiday as a family of nine! WOW! It has been challenging to organise to say the very least. We originally wanted to go to The Mecure in Surfers but at $500 a night it was a no go, also, we would have had to take out three rooms! With only two adults, David asked the bookings lady how she thought that would work?!

Anyhow, now we are off down South, to Murramurang. We still had to take out two cabins. When the babies are older, i think we will invest in some tents and just go camping.

Tiff- have a super holiday, it will be full on I think, camping sounds cheaper LOL, it is hard to find places to accomodate I bet!

We are all good, just the usual, although school hols are over and kids back at school which is great news for me

I hope everyone is ok

Michele hope Ashleigh is good!
    cheers mcihelle

hi girls,you are all such an inspiration to me,i love reading about you and all your wonderful children,we have a baby girl who is 5 months and two boys 7 and 11.we have been discussing having another baby alot of late,actually ever since chantelle was born,i am not on any contraception and af has still not returned as i am breast feeding.we have decided to continue this way for now and will let nature take its course,if we fall pregnant then we feel it is meant to be.i plan to keep breast feeding till she is about 12 months,when af does eventually return we will not be timing any b.ding or using contraception,just going to go with the flow.
    i hope i will be part of this forum some day soon but in the mean time i will enjoy reading all your posts.
    nikki

Awww Tiff I hope you have a fantastic holiday..it sounds so great. 3 rooms..what were they thinking!!! Camping is so much fun too..be great when the bubs are bigger. We took Sammy camping a couple of weekends back and he had a ball.

How have you ladies all survived your school hols...hope the kids are all in one piece. We have a bday looming in the hols which will be fun.

Nicki...i bet Chantelle would love a bubs close to her in age...we are actually thinking..(i should whisper that) about no 5 for the very same reason....geesh i must be mad. We will see though..im not in any hurry.

Jo

Hi,
    Tiff I'm pg with my 7th and I'm dreading going away for the holidays. Please come back and say what a fantastic time you had so I can use you for inspiration!!

Hey everyone!
    Wanted to post and say hi in here to everyone!
    How is everyone coping with their kids going back to school after the holidays? We have coped well with it here,but im about to explode today,as jessica has not stopped talking all day! The others have been ok,it is just her...she insists on nagging all the time and wont stop!
    We have been sooo busy here though,and Dominic is walking all over the place...He is very cute though lol
    Hope everyone is well!

We should really get this thread up and running again. Its great to have other mums with lots of kids to talk to.
    I am so glad the holidays are over. I know that sounds terrible, but I can get things done during the day when i only have 3 babies at home.
    Lol, I just realised how that must sound!!!!
    I am really thinking about putting my kids in some kind of daycare one day a week.
    I have 9,7and 5 yr old kids at school, but have a 4yr old autistic daughter and 3yr old and 2yr old boys at home (hope that made sense). And am 22 weeks pg. (yes thats 7)
    I have never put any in childcare except my first because of the horror stories that you hear. Ive started considering it now because I think it would be good for me to have a break 1 day a week (maybe, lol)
    Think I might give it a go. I can always change my mind and pull them out again, right???
    What do you guys think?????

I posted to you in the other thread hun about this,i think it is a great idea! I have Dom in one day a week and it has been a good time alone...
    I love having this thread here to come and talk to the other mums who have a lot of kids too! I definitely think we ought to come and post more

yep me too lol
    have had to go searching out my friends withthe new forums and come and sign up for notifications,
    sokeep visiting girls and we will get it going again.
    Mcihelle

Hello everybodeeee...Im still around...I know what you mean about hols though I love having the kids home as well..its so nice sleeping in!

Hope you and your families are all doing fantabuloulsy!!!

Jo

Well girls...I am here too!! has been ages since we have all got on here and had a catch up, funny thing is we are so busy with our tribes we don't have enough hours in the day..lol.. Well I am looking foreward to May 25th DH has holidays for 5 weeks so will be around to help and annoy..lol no I love it when he's home! we can spend all our time together and not get [email protected]#$%d off with each other...I may even have more time for BB!! Ha! School hols are only 4 weeks away and I am not looking foreward to that!!Especially since we will be broke(holiday pay) and it's cold and to yuk to be anywhere except QLD..lol which is where we have been for the last few years at this time...
    Anyway hope this Mother's Day finds you all well and your kidlets bless you with their school/creche/home made pressies...aren't they the best???

Jan xx

Hi guys I haven't posted in here for ages. Well preg#5 is going well not long now, thank Goodness. Been very occupied with kids sports and generasl everyday life, you know how it can be. I battling this exhuastion lately, reminds me of when I had Glandular Fever, lol. Oh well you checking in, better go make lunch for Miss 1 so I can put us both down for a little nap before I have to collect miss 3 from Kindy. House is a brothel, had full intentions of getting it all up to scratch today but, I haven't. Oh well there's always tomorrow. Although PIL are coming this week for a visit. So I"d better get it done, lol.

Dee, I know what you mean about the housework. I really want to be one of those women who has everything together. Oh well, thats just me!!

Jan, good luck with DH's holidays. I'd kill mine if he was home for 5 weeks straight, lol. I love the school made pressies, too. I have a box full and cant wait to pull them out when the kids are old enough.

Hello to Jo, Michelle and Suzie (hope I've got that right,lol)

I wont leave it so long until I post again.

Hiya ladies...

Jan hope you are enjoying your hols with your DH. 5 weeks!!! Im so jealous!!

God that exhaustion is well exhausting isnt it Dee. You are doing such a great job though. Not long to go now and you will be holding your precious blue bundle!!! How does it feel after all your pink? It was sooo different for me..in every way. There is such a different energy with a little boy that is hard to explain. I hope the visit with the PIL went well.

Nat housework is a never ending battle lol.

Not much happening here..just day to day stuff that keeps us all very busy. The kids have had a busy week. Im hoping to be able to relax a bit over the weekend..after all the sports of course. We have netball in one direction and hockey in the other!! Hope everyone else has a lovely weekend.

Jo

Hi girls
    I thnk we are all so busy it gets hard, we have to just keep tryinhg to get in here.

Jo boys def are different, in everyway! Although I think my Jessica is a tomboy cos she has the energy Josh had LOL, so even though we have 3 girls one is like her brother to a T.

Netball and Auskick tomorrow, as well as MIL's bday!! SHe informed us tonight she won't be home tomorrow night cos she is going out and that we can spend the whole day at her place, well that won't be happening , Jordan has a friend over and Netball at 10.45, and Josh's Auskick game is at 1/2 time at the footy so we will be there untilalmost 4 if not later, so not sure where she fits, oh well guess she is the chooser of who is most important to her and it's not her family!!! She can be such a *****. My SIL is down tooand she is the biggest PITA the world has ever seen I will be glad when she leaves to go home. She spent 5 hrs here today, andwhat gets me is she goes to my fridge without asking and eats cheese. Now hat may sort of seem petty on my part, but it's not like that. I think its rude to go to someone else's fridge without asking, I wouldn't do it to hers, its as if she thinks this is her house and she can do waht she wants. If she asked I would have said ok but it is annoying, the other thing is she arrived after lunchtime and hadn't had any lunch. Now atm Arron has very little work and so not much money, I have 6 mouths to feed and don't need freeloaders LOL *sigh* GO HOME !!! LOL

anyway hope you all have a great weekend
    love Michelle

It's me again!!!!
    Nobody else is around but htought maybe if I posted someone would pop in....

We have picked Jordan's High school for next year, finally. We are happy wtih the choice and so is she. Not happy about the cost that we are coming up to though. Esp since we have xmas and BIL's wedding in Mackay next year. We are going to be very poor so xmas will be scant.

tomorrow is gymnastics day and I embroidered a jumper fro Jess with a gymnastics girl and a tshirt with a different gymnastics girl on it for Jemma. So they will wear them tomorrow. they are so cute! Today was the holiday and school finishes on Friday, so 2 wks home with the kids. I love them but they spend the 2 wks wrecking the house lol
    I am pulling the kitchen apart, throwing stuff I never use away and liking the way it looks, but it is hard work, won't be finished for wks I don;t thinklol

Hope you are all well and catch up soon

Hi Michelle. long time no post LOL, yep the kids are finishing on friday, and I have taken annual leave too, there is already a looooong list of things to do ( like tidy out the cubby) and "attempt" to toilet train the little miss ( not looking forward to that- haev tried several times, she just pee's everywhere, adn I honestly dont have time to mop my floors 6 times a day) Then theres the things to send you broke, like going to the movies, to scienceworks, visiting the ggpts in geelong- who have not met Dion and he's almost 11 months)etc etc. I remember reading somewhere you just got a new fridge what sort?? We have been looking at the LG double door fridge freezer, with water and ice, is that the one you got?? Its sooo frustrating I have a 200 litre one atm, and the vegies that fit in the crisper are lucky to last 2 -3 meals

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast