Thread: too many kids going crazy

Default too many kids going crazy

Im really working hard at being a good mum of 4 girls a good housewife and run a house and work partime. How do the rest of you all go with large families? Is it caos ? mad screaming and yelling oh please tell me that you yell at your kids i think i will not manage if you tell me that you dont. I m very well aware that it was not going to be rosie i new it was going to be hard believe me when i say that everyone told us we wont manage even the ones that are not parents them selves im begining to beleive them.

No matter how many time i tell the kids things they wont listen DD 13 is all hormones and boys and if i had a dollar for every time she looked in the mirror i would be rich, DD 5 is really grumpy and is hitting alot mainly DD 31/2 really rough stuff DD 31/2 is turned into a smart ass put her hand at me tells me " not listening" still wetting the bed at night Is this normal? DD 15months is the joy of my day really a great bubs but she climbs and i mean climbs every thing i have no chairs in the house except the lounge ( really embarrasing when people visit) screams when shes not doing what the others are doing has to eat at the table not the high chair and want nothing more than to play out side all day you might think great but not when there are lots to do inside and she climbs onto the trampoline i once cought her on there jumping it was really scary.

sorry for the whinge but ive nowhere else to go. Getting ready in the morn before school is the worst the tv wont go on untill we are all dressed and feed it take me at least 2 1/2 hrs to get us all ready i look horrible and ready to sleep. Im tring not to feed Ella through the night yes i know a 15month old baby still waking up for a feed crazy but i would be that tired i did any thing to sleep well no more i started friday night so now im down to 3 hrs of screaming and about 3 hours sleep nice.

not sure weather im just a little low on energy or things are really wrong. When i fell pregi with Ella i was on Zoloft not sure weather i want to go that way again trying so hard DH is not much help friends not much help either as they have there own probs and my sil tells my DH " shouldnt have had so many kids" nice not sure weather ill get help there hey if i want a social life during the day nothing gets down at home if i stay home i go crazy. Help me ladies give me advice tips on how to manage better

kath

on a journey called life, finding our way home

First of all i say to you for having 4 kids!!. I would love to have 4 kids but DP is not that keen we have 2 DS and are going to TTC number3 soon.
    I have a 3 year old and I dont think that he is any where near to being dry over night and I would definatly not be worried about that.
    As for the others one of my closest friends has 4 children 15yr old DD 11Yr old Ds 7Yr old DD and DD number 4 is 6 and yes she yells too, its not just you!!
    I think we all yell at our kids, some just dont like to say anything.
    I guess i dont really have any advice just that it's not just you and sometimes when we do get really stressed then we think we cannot go on or we are abnormal. Your situation i think is very normal
    sorry i couldnt have been more help for you.
    but good luck and keep being strong!!

Oh I yell.. some days I feel like thats all I do..

How do you work part time? My hat goes off to you.. there is no way I could manage myself.. heck I can barely keep the house clean somedays.. Thankfully I have an awesome husband who is home 4 days out of 8 and is excellent at housework and cooking..

School morning just suck.. Ethan just takes so long.. Even if I lay his uniform out and basically dress him it still takes every ounce of my strength not to send him to school in his under wear

and as for a full nights sleep. how I would dream for one too. olivia thankfully only wakes once now but sometimes she is awake for up to 2 hours. I haven't slept longer then 4-5 hours in one strecth in 6 months.. Well longer really..

and to make our week even better all 3 boys just got a tummy bug last saturday. Thankfully that was all done by tuesday but we are all still off colour.. oh and Dh and I got the bug monday.. Was a great week

sorry for stealing your whine. I just wanted you to know you weren't alone. I too knew it was going to be hard. and I know it will get better but for now some days just down right suck..

:hugs:

i know were your coming from my 11 & 13 year old just wanna kill each other my 3 year old is going through the swearing stage my 1 year is so cute but she has such a temper my 15 & 17 year old step children seem to lie to us about things and then seems to go back and tell there mum what gos on here then the other day i was raising my voice at the 11 & 13 year old just at the front door and then i hear the next door neighbour "hey honey come and listen to this" i was wasnt swearing or abusing them i just was raising my voice, my kids just looked at me and then i said comeon inside we have big ears around then my kids thought that was funny . i agree it is sooo hard being a parent but with more then one it is really hard and trying sometimes but it is all worth it and i wouldnt change it for the world it more other people that annoy me more they forget they have had kids (but i forget there all the perfect parents just ask them)

Yep, it is hard at times and yep, I do rant and rave at times.

I think you need to try to get some order to your day - write things down and make a plan for the day and stick to it. tell your teenage DD that she has to pull her weight around the house to give you a hand - even if it is only her bedroom and making sure that her clothes are out to be washed - it is better than nothing. Find something for your 5yo DD to chanel her engery into instead of chanelling it into your 3yo DD and ask her why she is grumpy and lashing out at her sister.

Your 3yo DD is normal with the wet nights, but you could try to lessen it by not giving her a lot to drink after 5pm - only small sips of water. And put some night nappies on her so you don't have as much washing to do, adding to what you already have. try and talk to her when she is giving you the hand to find out why she thinks that she can do that to you.

Let your baby eat with the family - she may make a mess (or not) but she will at least be happy. Why can't she play outside? is your yard not appropriately fenced? Try to set up a play routine for her so she knows she can have x amount of time outside and then its inside playtime. With the night feeding, are you happy to do it? If so then feed her - its not unusual even for a child that age to still want to have a drink overnight. If you don't want to Bf her then give her a drink of water or milk in a cup.

Finally, I think you may need ot seriously look at whether you need to go back on meds again because if you can't function then neither can the rest of the family and it may be easier to deal with a lot of the issues you are having when you are in a better headspace.

Thank god im not alone. I do give bubs heap of outside play time its just that i really have to watch her as we have heaps of climbing stuff about for the other kids she could really hurt herself if she is not carfull. I m not happy feed ing at night but if its normal i might back down she slept till 1 30am then stirred a while till about 2 30 am so not too bad i will keep it going for a week see how far a get with it then maybe go back to one feed. Its just that the other 3 were off the bottle by 12months so its a bit or unknown area for me plus the added presure of the mil telling its not right and she wont baby sit if she has to get up through the night to feed so getting a nanny night is hard. i had a chat with hubby last night i will sleep at a friends house on the weekend so i can rest he will be home with kids then the next night he can go a sleep over sounds silly but we both need rest so bad at it might be the only way to get it. im making a appt with the dr this week see what she has to say fingers crossed its more stress and natural remedies is all that is needed. Thanks again
    kath