Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Washing Machines

Default Washing Machines

How do you go with all that extra washing? Have you had to upgrade the size of your machine? How big is the load size for the machine you have?

We currently have a 5.5 kg washer but I tell you when we have more kids I'll definitely be upgrading and hopefully to a front loader too!

*hugs*
    Cailin

I have a Whirlpool 7kg front loader and it was worth every cent!! Besides hardly using any water clothes come out pretty dry and take 1/4 of the time to dry.

Can you believe, my Mum (with 5 kids) went totally without a washing machine for around 2 years when my little brother was born.

So, this was in the UK, cold weather, with a cloth nappy wearing baby boy, 4 other children plus my dad, and she did the washing by hand for nearly 2 years.

FRIGHTENING!

tiggy Guest

Ours is a 7kg and it's still not big enough!!! I have washing coming out of my ears some days, especially after it has been raining for a while.

b4 we even had a "large family" DH insisted we buy a 9 kilo (2 yrs ago) I love it to bits, it has sensor wash, so I piff the clothes in, and push 1 button. The machine senses the amount, and fabric type!! It even does doonas!!! I still need to do 1 - 2 loads a day so I don't get behind!!!

Washing is the bain of my life. I have a fisher and paykel 8kg washer, which does what Vanita's does, I push power and start and it senses weight of load and off it goes. Before we had our 3rd i had a machine that was unbalancing all the time and I just went off one day and DH went and brought the new one.

I wouldn't have a small machine anyway, even if we had only 2 kids. i like to load it up and I would burn out a little machine very quickly, the way i pack it in LOL.

I too do about 2 loads a day and these are FULL loads. It's not so much the filling of the machine that is the problem, its the drying and putting away that gets me.

Cheers Michelle

Yes, me too, my lounge room has at least two full baskets of clothes in it, I usually catch up once a week, then it starts again. As I say to DH at least the clothes are all clean, just not folded or put away, and so everyone always has clothes to wear , they might have to hunt them down is all!!!! And as far as I'm concerned as a working mum, they can't expect any more than that, and in fact they are spoilt, coz I DO keep up with the washing!!!!!

We always have at least two full baskets of clean washing in our loungeroom too....Dh complains about it,but i just tell him the clothes are in easier reach there and not to stress about it (not that me saying that helps at all!!!)
    Michelle,what are the fisher and paykel ones like?? I had priced a 8kg one myself to buy in july/august but dh is now trying to talk me out of it saying that the one we have is fine...But the problem is it is so noisy i literally have to shut the door on it to even hear the tv when it is going....
    i also want to buy a queen to king sized bed,but i just dont know how far our money i going to stretch!!! But we have a fantastic place for buying washing machines that take a certain amount off for cash,so i would be paying about $800 give or take a bit for the machine. What did you pay for yours (if you dont mind me asking!!)
    I have to say the Fantastic furniture place we have here is great for buying beds,so im hoping i can get both things and then i will be happy (apart from the housing situation!! LOL!!)

Has anyone seen the new top loading dryer???? Its from fisher an paykel and its 8.0kg dryer!!!!!

It looks pretty good, and very heavy duty!!!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Cailin- I haven't seen it but I really like F&P stuff so maybe if/when we need a newie, I can look at that, although small laundry it prob wouldn't fit! Bummer! I HATE my laundry.

Susie I think we paid somewhere bt $850 and $900 as we brought it local, saved on delivery and they installed it too so I was happy. I was getting it for the same price eleswhere but would have had to pick it upetc, so the local shop matched the price. I really like mine, when you first hear it it seems loud esp in the spin cycle (actually sounds like a jet planeLOL) but now I don't really notice it much. I would buy another. My mum and MIl also have them and a gf and no one has had any probs with them.

Now if someone invents a washing maching=e that fills itself with clothes dru=ies folds and puts them away, I will buy that and I wouldn't care about what brand it was.......I think my imagination is flying away with me LOL Not gonna happen is it?

Cheers Michelle

*Hand waving Frantically in the air* I want one of those machines too michelle, will refinance the house to get it LOL, wouldnt it be great! Maybe we should all just hire maids!!!!

I guess a maid is just what I was talking about isn't it, so yet again it has already been invented. A maid would be good but I know that I would be one of those people who would be cleaning up o the maid didn't think we were pigs LOL, sort of defeats the purpose .
    Cheers Michelle

I had a spack attack one day, about marc helping out when I really needed it... So off he went to work...and do you know what I did? I hired a cleaner for the day LOL! And I thought he would chuck it and help out more.... but do you know what happened? He said "Thats great! You should do that when you need it" ](*,) Mind you it did only cost $65 and they did EVERYTHING and I know you can't get it that cheap anymore. But my little stunt backfired LOL! But I couldn't do that anyway, I like the satisfaction that comes from knowing what you've done iykwim. I feel very house proud then, whereas when someone does it for you its not the same proud feeling! A magic wand would be nice LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Now you see Cailin, the wand is just the best idea of all, but of course, nobody has invented one of them either. Arron hasn't thought of that as a get rich quick scheme, not that he;s qualified to design and make magic wands by the way .

I agree that you do feel better when you have worked hard and have a great result, but sometimes it's very hard to get motivated, esp when 2% of the mess was created by you and the other 98% by everyone else.

Cheers Michelleq

ROFLMAO @ 98% of the mess! Paris is pretty anal like me so when it comes to keeping her room tidy or picking up toys she's very good. She even calls herself a Sooper Dooper Cleaner! And because of all the times I've told her I am so proud of her for cleaning up, now she does it to me! Last weekend I pulled the dishwasher out of the wall and cleaned it, later she comes in puts her hand on my shoulder, stroking me and looked into my eyes and said "Mummy I am so proud of you for cleaning the dishwasher!" ROFL! Thanks Darl For me its not mess, we are all pretty tidy its the mundane day to day things, like the floors, the bathrooms, the vaccuming, the fridge, the dusting etc etc I do like doing it and I do keep on top of it all but sometimes I just think...do I really have to?

What do your blokes do around the house? Or is that a silly question? Marc does the kitty litter, the bins and packs or unpacks the dishwasher from time to time. But I can't complain I did score yesterday, I mopped and vaccumed the hard floors and felt like I was going to keel over (had a cold bug) and I asked marc to do the carpets expecting him to say no and he said YES! WOOT WOOT!

Sorry I've just realised I've hijacked your thread LOL! I hope you don't mind the imposition I do plan to have a large family does that count?

*mwa*
    Cailin

LOL Cailin at the hijack, I don't mind if others don't...

Paris is a sweety, so gorgeous her being proud of you.

Arron does lots of cooking, the occasional vacuum, sometimes unpacks the dishwasher and packs it. But the worst jobs are mine, washing, dusting, bathrooms, toilets, mopping, and the vaccing and dishwasher are mostly mine. I must admit I am a SAHM, so I count myself lucky that he likes cooking cos that suits me fine, I don't always enjoy cooking although ATM I am a little inspired, been reading some recipe books. So I will try a few things until I get bored of that LOL.

Cheers Michelle

Chris does the occasional dishwasher duty , but that about it!!! I do all you mentioned michelle, plus the cooking, and work 30 hrs a week, no wonder I look old!!!

I actually have a pretty good house hubby...He does a heap of the work around here.But then i do look after the kids mostly anyway!!!
    LOL @ the 2% being created by us!! I have to say i cleaned the house on friday and everywhere i went,tornado Emily was following me around and just making it as bad as it was before,so i cant see the point til they are in bed!!!
    Michelle,i am the same,if we had a maid i would be cleaning up first to make sure she doesnt think we are pigs either!!!
    I have to say if you think your washing machine soundslike a jet plane,you ought to hear mine!!! That is why i want a new one,i cant do any washing when anyone is in bed because it is so loud it actually moves itself sometimes!! So maybe the fishe and paykels arent for me!!!
    I priced a 7.5 at $860 yesterday anyway and that was delievered and installed....
    the 6.5 were $760,but i really think that would be too small!!
    take care everyone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast