Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WE want atleast 4

Its so true isnt it Michelle....gets so expensive!

Jo

well the prob is realistically most of us have financial obligations and these do inevitably help us make a decision as to how many kids we have. 4 is def a stretch so you guys with more well done, cos I know we do ok but lucky for us we have a very small mortgage. Otherwise I would def have to work, and I feel it is important for me to be home at this time, esp for myself as much as for the little girls. Also would be not worth me working as childcare for 2 is far too expensive. And it is dear enough when they are little but way dearer as they get older. I shudder to think of the time when all 4 are in school, we will have 2 in sec and 2 in prim school, as will some of you others, or worse 3 in sec.

Lindie- our deadline was 30 as well, and Jessica was born a 6 wks bf my 30th and 8 wks bf Dh's 30th. So it all fitted perfectly. I also consider mysef so lucky to have had 4 children who are healthy and have no problems either mentally or physically. I guess sometimes the more you roll the dice the more chance of something going wrong.

I hear you on the huge gap Lindie! It feels like having a first all over again doesnt it!

Jo

tiggy Guest

Oh I have to agree on that one too girls! Somedays I feel like a first time Mum!

Tiff I just love that pic of your bubbas in your sig. Every time I see it I smile. Noah looks like such a character!

Jo

my kids are fairly spaced out too, which is also good at times, cos the pressure is off me lots of the time, n that the older kids can be diurected to be organised, and don't need me doing everything. People often think it is weird to go back after a gap, but you wouldn't have had another f you didn't want to do itall again would you. I wanted a boy as no.4 but got a girl and am very thankful as Jemma and Jessica are very close, and Jess is very boyish anywaylol It helped us to decide to stp having kids cos we ran out of room, lol, arron exended and we have 6 bedrooms, one I use as my sewing room, which is a necesssity and the kids each have their own room.plus there is a rumpus and study.

Lindi- funny you said that about your 2nd ds and the fluid on the brain, we had the same thing with our ds, and it all turned out to be nothing in the end, how old is your 2nd ds, mine is 7. I remember well the testing, amnio, US and the stress and praying things would be ok, and our boy was lucky, healthy and happy!

tiggy Guest

Jo,
    Thanks for saying that!
    He IS a character!!! LOL, Dave jokes that he is going to be the actor and Ivy (who is very serious and susses everyone out first before she gives away her smiles) will be HR!
    Noah is anybody's! Oh and he LOVES the ladies!!! Flirts with all females (except his sister, hehe)!!!

Tiff.. thats so great....beautiful beautiful bubbas!

Lindie whoohoo on test driving the voyager! I know what you mean about the needs being different! Hope it goes well for you. We have a late model Jackaroo and have put the tvs in with dvd player and games. The kids love it and for us while a people mover would have been great I love the 4 wheel driving way too much!

Jo

Hi all! Just popping in to tell you all how absolutely wonderful my little boy is. Anyone thinking of having another - DO IT!!!!! The pg was an absolute nightmare and I must say I cried almost every day during the last month. Everyone said it would be worth it when he arrived, but I was honestly just so over it I didnt really care. For the first 10 mins after he was born I just kept asking my SIL if it was really over, lol. After that the love hit and OMG I just cant get enough of him! I am carrying him everywhere at the moment - am waiting for my Hug A Bub. I am so in love with him! He's so tiny and precious compared to the other 6. I have told DH to get ready for another in a few years, ROFL!! I think in about 5 years - I'll be 36, the kids will all be in school - I might just have to go one more time. My DH hates even numbers though and I wouldn't want the child to be lonely though. Maybe 9.....LMAO - my mums going to kill me!! We just had an argument about it the other day!

Anybody seen Jan?

Take care ladies and I'll pop back in later.

tiggy Guest

Nat,
    That is so good to hear!
    You go girl!!!!
    Have as many as your heart desires (and your body will allow). Go the big family!Don't worry about what your Mum says. Mine is the same. When I say I wish I could have another she gives me this look.

Far out - I think i jinxed myself. My breast is killing me. I think I may have mastitis

hey girls

Nat- ouch you poor thing hope it is better very soon, and so lovely hearing how lovely your little man is. *sigh* lol Thats ok I am all done.

Lindie- we have a Kia carnival which I really like, it is only good though really for seating 6 comfortably even though there are 7 seats, it gets a bit squishy with 3 in the back, but is ok. We brought the Kia cos it was in our price range really. We will prob look at some sort of 4wd down the track as DH has a boat and would like to be able to take it away with us and all go together in the one car. Sounds like a good plan, and it is almost like I have 3 diff families too, even though my older kids are 12 and 7 bc the little girls are 3 and 2.

Jan's sister just had a bubba, a 9 lber too a girl. She is visiting this weekend, lol I am jealous. She has been crook too. I'll let her know you are looking for her. I'm sure she'll pop in next week sometime.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123