Thread: What would you advise?

Default What would you advise?

Hi Girls,

I am mum to 3 dear littlies (nearly 10, 6 & 3 1/2), and currently TTC#4.

If I were to be successful this cycle, bub's due date would be 28 December. As I have Cephalopelvic disproportion, I would be having a C Section. Obs like to conduct C Section ideally between 7 - 10 days before due date.

This would have me and bub in hospital for Christmas.....which I don't know that I particularly like. I know that it would be an awesome Christmas pressie for my kids and for us - but I don't know about disrupting Christmas itself by having Mummy away.

As you are all experienced Mummys - I would love to know what you think about my predicament.........(should I not TTC this cycle to avoid the above situation).

PS - If this situation came into play, I would be pushing hard for a 27 Dec delivery - but Ob might not allow it (although I tricked him into allowing bub #3 to be delivered 2 days before due date).

Altho I dont have a large family I did have my first DD on 23rd Dec and was in hospital over xmas. It wasnt the worst experience in my life, all the midwifes and staff were lovely and really tried to make it a happy day and even ahd little presents for the siblings who came in to visit. And I got 2 xmas dinners!!!- the one the hospital provided and one my mum brought it!!

Personally tho I wouldnt recommend it, your kids might find that they miss you too much and having a child whose birthday is at xmas time is hard. If you can hold out ttc for another month then that is what I would do.

HTH.

Hi Gabysmum,

Thank you for your reply. Your perspective on this matter is really valuable, and your advice is very much appreciated.

I have a friend who's birthday is just before Christmas, and she hates it - but I have student in the same position - and he loves it because they combine his presents, so he gets a much bigger present (an electric drumkit in 07!)

Thanks again!

smiles4u Guest

Wink

My birthday is actually 3weeks after Xmas ... and as a kid I felt a bit ripped off as most kids would go away for the school holidays and there would be hardly anyone to invite to my birthday party at home (we hardly went away for holidays ourselves ... yeh, we were pretty poor)

Mum would feel so sorry for me

My older sister had it worse as her birthday would usually fall on the 1st day of school.

When I got to secondary school I didn't mind it as Mum would sometimes give me ONE huge present combined for my Xmas & my birthday ... AND I thought that was a great deal

As an adult I have always LOVED it as I know I get pressies AGAIN only 3wks after Xmas ... YIPPY !!

Aim for any day I reckon as long as it's not Xmas eve or Xmas day or possibly Boxing day

Hey Smiles,

Thanks for your input. This is really important to me.....for the bub - and also my other kiddies - as I don't want them to resent their new sibling because Mummy's away at Christmas time. ....and we do Christmas in a BIG way......house lights etc.

Thanks again!

My hubby is a week before xmas, and his mum used to have his birthday in the weeks before school finished (one of the weekends) that way he'd still get to hang out with his friends for a party. Its not the end of the world, but it is fun in this house LOL we have DD's birthday a month before xmas, DH's a week before and then xmas, we also have about 5 other birthdays around that time LOL!

I had my last baby on jan 2. I was sick for xmas and It was not pleasant.

I say have your baby when you are ready. all babies are worth having and it would be a wonderful christmas prezzie for the rest of the family.

DH's birthday is not long before christmas and when he was little the way his family made his birthday special was they didn't decorate or put the tree up until after his birthday so that all the focus was on his birthday and christmas didn't take away from it.
    He doesn't mind it at all it's his favorite month of the year. Although it's expensive!!

Thank you so much for all of your wise advise.

I have decided to go ahead and let things work out as they will - if its the month for our new bub, then that's what will be.

xx