Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RSVP (vent)

Cheezle monster- it's you wedding! Who cares what the weathers like!? Who rejects a wedding invite because of the weather?

We had the same with DS's birthday (though not as bad, about 4 people didn't RSVP). I just sent a last chance message to everyone and those who didnt reply were off the list. IMO, why bother with people who cant be bothered with you.

Do you have there mobile numbers? Maybe send them text saying you've heard nothing and you're trying to work out numbers can they let you know?

I'd send them a quick text or an email as a reminder JIC some of them have legitimately forgotten to do it.

I'd call them all and just say you're calling because they didn't RSVP and you need to know how many to cater for. Hopefully they'll get the hint for next time

Quote Originally Posted by Heva&Zacky View Post
    Cheezle monster- it's you wedding! Who cares what the weathers like!? Who rejects a wedding invite because of the weather?
    I know! It wasn't even an outdoor wedding so have no idea what it even mattered.

I'm going through this with DS' 1st birthday party at the moment. RSVP is today & still have a handful of people with no reply (including the aunt I posted about previously).
    Thought of texting them to get their answer but have decided to just leave it. If they come to the party I'll be saying something like "Oh, I didn't expect to see you here, we assumed you weren't coming" but said in a kinda teasing way so they don't get offended. But hopefully I'll get my point across!

Another disastrous thing from my wedding - for goodness sakes it's a WEDDING. Im talking potentially $120 per head just because we did it on the cheap doesn't make it any less important to RSVP. Grrrr. totally know how annoying it is.

My cousin had sent out invites to her ds 1st birthday. I had the invite on the fridge, I just honestly totally forgot. She called me the next day. Fair enough too. The invite was sent in plenty of time.

I have the opposite problem. Each time I plan a party, most everybody can't make it :'(

I quite often get the "we're not sure what we're doing that weekend so we'll let you know closer to the time". People seem to think "Maybe Attending" is an acceptable RSVP. Why can't they just tell me now? You're either free or you aren't. Don't wait for something better to come along and then text me the day before to say you're too busy to come! Grrr...

I think if DP and I get married one day I will be sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a tick box Attending/Not Attending. Then there seriously is no excuse for not RSVP-ing! But then again, they have to then go and put the envelope in the mail box. Maybe I can hold their hand while they do that. It really is quite frustrating.

*vent over, lol*

I GIVE UP!!! I've sent out a reminder text and still no replies!!! AAARRRGGHHHH!!!!! I would love to only cater for the ones who have replied so more than likely I'm going to be really short of food which will be embarrassing and unfair to the guests who did RSVP. So I guess I'll end up catering for everyone I invited and then either have enough food or overcatered for majorily. I'm just so frustrated!!! How unfair would it be if some of the kids come whose parents didn't RSVP and I didn't have a lolly bag for them.

Aaaarrgh how frustrating! You're right - it's not fair on the kids.

It would be unfair for the children to pay for their parents' rudeness. Could you have a few extras put to the side that you could quickly make up if need be? "Oh, lucky I kept some left overs just in case, otherwise you would have missed out!" *glares at parents* It makes more work for you on the day, is there someone who could help you?

Same with the food, could you have something quick and easy to prepare that you could maybe chuck in the oven if it comes to that?

Or you could hire a bouncer to stand at the door and not let anyone in who isn't on the guestlist? lol

That's so rude! How many people haven't replied? Could you call them and ask them directly? That way they cant dodge you.

LOL, can you quickly change the venue, and only let guests who have RSVP'd know? That way you don't hafta see sad faces, and if anyone says anything you can just say 'Oh SORRY, didn't realise you were coming, seeing as you didn't RSVP or anything'...

How did it all end up going Liviam?

Gosh it seems like people are so rude about RSVPing these days!

I sent out invites to DD1's party before the school hols, no replies by RSVP date (end of hols), so I sent DD to school the next day with an RSVP reminder (cos she doesn't have all the phone numbers) - ok so we got a few more answers then, but you wouldn't think it was necessary, would you?

Everyone (except one person who did let us know) showed up, even those who didn't RSVP so I did run out of food and thank god I made up more lolly bags than I needed because I would not have had enough. Not only did people not RSVP but people were arriving up to 1 1/2 hours late!!!
    When I did run out of food I made a passing comment that if I knew how many people to cater for maybe I wouldn't have run out of food. When handing out the lolly bags I wrote the names on those who RSVP'ed but left the others blank and made another passing comment gee I'm glad I made some spares for those who didn't let me know they were coming.
    I just can't believe who rude poeple are getting these days. Not RSVP'ing and then just showing up whenever they feel like it - AAARRRGGHHH!!!!
    What has happened to common curtosy?!?!?!

I'm speechless.

That's disgusting Liv Did anyone actually apologise?

I'm sorry it was such a stress, it shouldn't have been

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast