Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: blastocyst transfer

Shaz - am wishing you all teh best and hope that the 2ww FLIES by for you... although inevitably it wont! Yep I agree room temperature is much better too...

dream bub Guest

HI Ladies,

Its very inspiring hearing stories of beatiful little bubs born from Blasts. I to god that I will have the same story to tell in about 38 weeks.

Baby Amore - are Sam & Joel twins (I cant see your sig ATM)? I am so pleased for you that everything worked so well... Sushee & Humphrey too - love to hear a blast was responsible for your little bub. Humphrey - are your bubs twins??

Reason for my interest is the doc thought that early on in my last pregnancy I was carrying twins bcause of my high levels from the BFP - I had had two blasts transferred then, but had a lot of bleeding and wasnt given my Anti D injection ( I am O neg blood type) until quite late. My 8 weeks scan was fine but by then my levels had dropped off & then there was only one heartbeat, sadly by 10 weeks the heartbeat was gone...... I thought that maybe the bleeding was the loss of the first and then the second a couple of weeks later??? Has anyone heard of twins MC at different times ??

I'd love twins - although I'm aware of the risks and would be very happy either way.

Got a bit of disappointing news today - it turns out that the remaining 3 morrelars didnt progress and are not viable for freezing, which is rather sad. Its a risk though that I am aware of by going to blasts. What was interesting though, was that the 2 embies that were Grade 1 quality on day 2, didnt even get past the end of day3? They would have been the ones selected of had I of done a day 2 transfer. So not sure if this is good or bad.

Missy - thanks for the prayers - pray hard with everything crossed!

Keen - Still on the ribena in the water, I like to pretend its red cordial!

WIll certainly keep you girls informed, maybe you can keep me sane until my test.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Shaz - I also meant to add I am so sorry for the loss of your baby (ies). Yes S & J are twins. Humphrey's cherubs are not. We tend /try not post our signatures in AC threads out of consideration for LTTTCers.

I know some say be careful what you wish for - but I don't have any regrets at all. As long as you understand the risks. I was older too

Yes it is possible to m/c twin embryos at different stages - very commonly losing one is vanishing twin syndrome - and can happen with or without bleeding.I was told about it. They said some can lose both.

I also had three other embryos that made it to blasts but were unsuitable to freeze- sorry for this hiccup.

We hoped and too. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Trish
    "~♥~ DD Charlotte Rose 1/9/04 26wks ~♥~"
    Samuel & Joel God's Gifts 1st July 06

Dream bub I think it is possible for twins to go at different times. A friend of mine miscarried one twin but the other went to full term. She didn't know she was carrying twins and was in hospital recovering from a miscarriage when she found out she was actually still pregnant with the other twin.

dream bub Guest

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would pop in to give you a running report through my 2ww.

Went in to the doc on Fri and he decided not to give me an injection (Pregnyl?) to support the embies as he was concerned about my swollen abdomen (and here was me thinking that morning I looked pretty flat!) & that the injection would only put me at risk of OHSS. He ordered me for a BT to check my prog levels and they came back at around the 350 level, apparenlty that's really good?

Anyway have had a few weird sensations - nothing exciting and nothing worrying. Not sure if my mind has taken over or not but the confidence I had last week has now gone and I am convinced we will get a BFN ? Maybe this is a self protection mechanism.... Also cant sleep ........and cant stand up for long.

I am going to do a HPT next Saturday the 25th. Doc's not doing the BT until the follwong Wednesday though I might just bring that 2 says forward if i can.

Thanks girls for your hopes and prayers, it means a lot and posting here helps the time pass quickly (that and the full series of Absolutely Fabulous).

Shaz- how are you going have you caved ?

dream bub Guest

Hi Baby Amore - not yet. I think Saturday will be the HPT day.

Its a week since Blast TF today. Is anyone aware of a HPT that might show earlier than day 10.
    I dont feel pregnant

I always wonder if its NOT happening, as in no implantation by now, has it already failed or slow to implant.....

so you are 12dpo - Saturday is best day - if you are going to goodluck

Hi Dream

I wish you all the luck in the world for your bubs to take. Ill pray for you and I hope you bet a BFP on HPT and BT. Im also O- neg so know all about the Anti D shots. My son is also O - Neg. Let me know how your feeling. Any thing out of the dif.

dream bub Guest

HI GIrls,

Thanksfor all the good luck wishes, I will use them wisely.

Just wondering if anyone knows how long it is after implantation that your body produces HCG.

2 days to go although I dont feel positive.

I got positive on day 14 I think (first day I tested) and others I know got on day 11 or so. goodluck and I didn't feel positive either .Be warned some IVF ladies here on BB got a BFN and went onto beta and were pregnant - one now has 7.5 month old bub.

I'm also one that got a BFN hpt x 3 at home to get a positive BT (not blast tho), You dont want to argue with a IVF nurse telling them that you cant be pregnant
    Good luck only 1 sleep to go if you dont count tonight lol
    Bec
    Last edited by Visitor9; November 23rd, 2006 at 10:06 PM.

Everything crossed for you Shaz!

dream bub Guest

Thanks Girls - dont know why but I feel more anxious than ususal. Of all the IVF ive done I have only ever done 1 HPT and that was last cycle where I got a BFP... Never entered my head before that to do one b4 that?? Bizarre.

dream bub Guest

HI GIrls,

Did th HPT and got my BFN I had dread
    GOt a BT at the Docs on Wed - seems like a waste if time but they always insist.

Keen to go again straight away but I have no Snowbubs - so its a full stim cycle again, so I guess it will be in the new year.

Will post again when I feel more positive.

Thanks so much for all your prayers and good luck wishes.

Shaz - hang in there it aint over till it's really over

Dream

Im so sorry. I know how you fell. I had my last blastie Implanted and it ended up being ectopic as you know so DH and I have to do it all again. Its hard and I know these things happen for a reason. Chin up hun. Im so sorry but it does get better...

dream bub Guest

Thanks Girls -

next cycle will be #11 IVF attempt (8th Full stim plus 3 FET's) and I sometimes wonder if it will happen. I know that sounds negative but I dont get why its been such a long haul, apparenlty my POS is just mild - so why such a problem. I am starting to think I have issues with implantation....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast