Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: blastocyst transfer

Sweetheart am so sorry to hear you were unsuccessful. Its just not fair. I hope number 11 is the one for you... :hugs:

dream bub Guest

Keen - Thanks for the hugs. Its nice to have support.

Hi Dreambub,

So Sorry to hear about your BFN - I haven't posted on here for a long while - Have been a little bit of a hermit, but have been checking the posts everyday.
    I have just finished a full stim cycle at the exact time as you - my BT was set for yesterday but AF arrived in full flight Saturday night.
    I had 2 hatching blasts transferred, but none to freeze, so we will be doing another full cycle asap in the new year, too.
    This was our 4th full stim cycle, we have never had FET as our clinic will only do 5 day blasts and embies left have only been just past morula or at early blast stage, and apparently not good enough to freeze.
    I know how you feel
    xxx

dream bub Guest

Hi Holly, Very sorry to hear that you had AF arrived before the end of the 2ww. Seems as though we were at pretty much the same stage - my BT was due for 2moro, but since i posted yesterday AF arrived (last night), so no point at all now.

Went back to the doc today - more or less begged to go in to another cycle b4 Christmas and he resisted, explaining why that would be too damaging to the ovaries after the cycle Ive just done. This is a good thing and I guess confirms its not all about the money as he couldve simply agreed and been $5000 better off. So for me - back on Lucrin on the 10th Jan. Till then I am on Microgynin contraceptive pill to give the ovaries a holiday over Chrissy. I think it helps to know when your next cycle begins, gives you something to look forward to. Also starting Pilates tomorrow and Accupuncture and herbal medicines next week. Hopefully will improve the egg quality.

Do you mind me asking how many eggs you get at EPU? This time I started with 14 - ended up with only 2 blasties and like you, none to Freeze. Even more disappointed now, as if I had snowbubs I could have done another FET before Christmas. However out of 10 cycles - Ive only had 3 single FET's. I do prefer blast TF's though, even with that risk.

Maybe we will be doing our new cycle at the same time??

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

sorry Holly & Dream bub - I know it is more than just a BFN - as every transfer of 'embryo; it is our baby chance and so our hopes and dreams are shattered when the damn AF arrrives. Take care

Hi Everyone,

Shaz - Our first two cycles were not even worth counting - in 2003 and 2004 we owned and were working 2 restaurants, and it was really stupid of us to even do IVF when both DH and I were working over 70 hrs a week on our feet, 7 days and 7 nights a week!
    This would have contributed to the fact that ivf #1 we didn't even have an embryo to put back, and ivf #2 we only put back one, which was only just at morula stage.
    Our doctors tell us to really only count the last 2 cycles, because thats when we seemed to get everything right with the drugs - and we had sold both restaurants and were living normal lives again!!!
    Our 3rd cyle was over Easter this year, we had 18 eggs, of which 10 fertilised. 2 went on to blast, and there was a 3rd morula that they were contemplating freezing, but decided not to by the day transfer came.
    We had the 2 blasts transferred, but no luck, AF came the Friday, my BT was for the Monday.
    They said our embies were of excellent quality, and thought the problem was my lining - it didn't thicken enough, due to my endo and adhesions.
    We wanted to do another cycle straight away, but I ended up with a cyst on my left ovary, and had to wait!
    After doing a lot of reading, I started acupuncture and chinese herbs to help improve my lining, and to also help with the quality of the eggs - DH was on the herbs as well (much to his disgust!).
    This time around was like groundhog day - we got 18 eggs again, but this time only 6 fertilised.
    I was devastated thinking that the herbs didn't help at all - we had 4 more eggs fertilise last time!
    However, over the few days they kept dividing, and the scientists told us the difference in egg quality was amazing - and my lining was 6mm thicker when I had the follie scan before egg pick up, and so would have even been thicker again by transfer, so the acupuncture and herbs did do their job!
    We had the same again - 2 blasts transferred, these ones were a little further advanced this time, they had started breaking out of their shell - it was amazing to see them doing this on the screen! - and we thought we would have 1 to freeze as it was at blast, but they kept it for an extra day and it didn't do anything, and so decided not to bother - exactly the same result as 6 months ago!!!
    The only difference, I guess was the egg quality and lining - all due to the alternative therapy!!!
    We did get 24hrs further this time before AF, so at least every attempt has been better than the last!!!!
    Got to think that way to keep sane!!!!!
    I have my follow up appointment tomorrow, where Dr has said he is sending me to a laparascopic surgeon in Sydney - we've seen him once before and was excellent - he wants him to do a lap before the next cycle, as he thinks the reason the embies aren't implanting is because there must be adhesions in the way?
    Not sure, but our app with him is Mon 11th Dec, and so just waiting patiently for then!
    Our IVF clinic closes over Christmas and opens early Jan, so if I can get the lap done asap, he wants us to do a cycle as soon as possible after the surgery.
    Looks like we will be cycling at the same time in Jan - that will be great to share it!
    Good luck with the acupuncture and herbs - I cannot recommend it enough, it definately is worth doing. In general I felt much better - she was also treating me for fluid retention, which was amazing not having this time around!!
    It was also the first cycle that I didn't put on any weight.
    She also advised me to buy a book that is just brilliant - Fertility & Conception by Zita West (about $40) - its written by an IVF doctor in UK who also practices in ac & Chinese med - it has been my bible this time around, and definately worth having to refer to.

Just in case you're interested - it will keep your mind busy until Jan!!!
    Thanks to all of you other girls for your well wishes!!!
    Last edited by sushee; November 29th, 2006 at 09:20 AM. Reason: removing link

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123