Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Capping Medicare Saftey Net for IVF/ART

Megsmum - yours is one of the better replies so far i reckon. Greg Combet or whoever writes for him didn't do as bad as some of the others.

BG - sadly i think that you are 110% right about Obs fees and the safety net & baby bonus.

I agree i think your reply is pretty good megsmum

I had a phone call from a MP secretary who was, lets say a little patronizing and told me to leave this for the them to deal with on my behalf and get back to what i should be concentrating on??????

she asked where i had gotten my information as they knew nothing about it!........ um don’t you read the paper?

Also told me that if i am working then why am i worried as i could then afford treatment, even if means tested!

Quote Originally Posted by Loula View Post

I had a phone call from a MP secretary who was, lets say a little patronizing and told me to leave this for the them to deal with on my behalf and get back to what i should be concentrating on??????

she asked where i had gotten my information as they knew nothing about it!........ um don?t you read the paper?

Also told me that if i am working then why am i worried as i could then afford treatment, even if means tested!
    how freakin rude!!! i'd have opened a can of verbal woop ass on her big time! how RUDE of her to comment on your financial circumstances! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i'd be sennding another nasty email off about his secretary...

TBH i didnt really take it all in - i had just walked through the door, had a blazing head ache and DH started cooking without getting everything ready first, not to mention that i have been living on a few hours sleep a night! It was untill the last few comments that i thought hang on are you trying to disagree with my cause? or fob it off? as i hung up the reciever it all clicked!

sounds like a judgemental and rather nasty biatch!

Quote Originally Posted by Loula View Post

she asked where i had gotten my information as they knew nothing about it!........ um don?t you read the paper?

Mmm, yes, like BG said, another email to them for sure. Maybe ask her how do you leave it up to them to deal with on your behalf when they knew nothing about it?? Sounds like they are working hard for their electorate

Quote Originally Posted by nic View Post
    Mmm, yes, like BG said, another email to them for sure. Maybe ask her how do you leave it up to them to deal with on your behalf when they knew nothing about it?? Sounds like they are working hard for their electorate
    TBH they are not in my area but the suburb nest to me so i thought i would just send it to then anyway so i cant even avoid giving them my vote!

Loula, I think my reply is pretty good too compared to what that woman said to you What a ruddy nasty piece of work she must be! I would have said a few things to her that I can't post here without getting kicked off the boards!! That really gets up my nose these people that think they can judge you without being in your shoes and to make comment on your financial situation, what business is it of hers?? And they obviously have their finger on the local pulse don't they - not!

Definitely agree with BG and nic, send them another E-mail!

this has made me mad! i think it should be covered by medicare from the start just like any other TREATMENT for an illness, in this case INFERTILITY! its NOT like u just walk in there and get ivf coz you want a designer baby or couldnt be stuffed TTC naturally its a treatment just like chemo for cancer, you get ivf to treat infertility, its really awful. you get homebirth covered by medicare in some states now, which is an entirely optional choice yet women forced to have AC are treated like its a choice when in most cases its the only way to be treated its just not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by briggsy's girl View Post
    how freakin rude!!! i'd have opened a can of verbal woop ass on her big time! how RUDE of her to comment on your financial circumstances! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Yeh, something like that! OMG, Lou! I can't believe someone said any of that. WTF. I am gobsmacked at all her dumb comments. You should call her and ask her what exactly you should be concentrating on...

I need a dollar for all the [email protected] people out there who think they know about TTC and fertility.

I'm going away to calm down now...

tamtim01 Guest

I agree too i think your reply is good megsmum, it sounded very genuine.

Lou - I cant believe what a self centred you know what would say that to you, to questions your finances and why you are going through IVF is just plain nasty. As they say karma will come around.

Do you think people are trying to sweep this under the carpet as they keep saying that they dont know anything about it. Well obviously they dont listen to the news or radio.

At least we have one thing going for us all now, the stimulus is on its way so that will be a little help, god knows it will help me.

Take care ladies hope you are all well.

Tam

tamtim01 Guest

Default Hey Ladies

Just letting you know that my article was published in my local newspaper this week. I wonder what response I will have to it.

I shall let you all know.

Hope everyone is well.

Timtam - that is great. Do you know if it is availabe to read online?

tamtim01 Guest

Hi, I had a look but can not find it. I will keep searching and let you know.

Tam

tamtim01 Guest

Default Latest Response

Morning Ladies,

I have had a response from my local MP today, see below:- Also my comment in the local paper wasnt available online, I do have a PDF copy if anyone is interested in it.

Dear Tammy

Thank you for your email on March 25 in relation to the government?s decision to consider stopping subsidies for cancer and IVF patients.

As we need to seek information from the health department to enable a considered reply to be prepared, it is not clear how long it may take to receive this information, but please be assured we will get back to you once the required information comes to hand.

If you have not received further correspondence from this office in the near future regarding your concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards
    Kristy Spena
    Office of The Hon. Bruce Billson MP

Has anyone else heard anything else?? It has been quiet for the last couple of weeks regarding this.

I haven't heard anything else - but the Age ran a front page story (I think on Sunday) - it was rather factual and unbiased (and, thankfully, not inflammatory) - mainly used 1 woman's journey to bring up the debate. I've been trying to remember to check the Editorial/Letter pages since to see if they are publishing any reader replies - haven't seen any to date. It is clearly an issue that is up for debate in Parliament - I just can't figure out when we will know what they are doing with it.

tamtim01 Guest

Default hmmm

Hmmm does sound rather quiet, hopefully it will be in our favour. More and more people know about the issue now that we have been emailing/writing/ringing people so hopefully something will be done about it. My letters/emails are not just pointing at IVF because I think Cancer patients too should react the way we are. I just hope and pray that they do not stop the subsidies with Medicare just leave it the way it is.

On a better note, I finally told my Mum and Step Dad about my hubby and I going down the IVF track (long story why I hadn't told them but I feel better now) Mum told me that her cousins children who will be at least 35 now (they are twins a male and a female) were actually IVF babies. At least they know now and they were very interested and made me feel at ease they want to know more themselves.

Thanks Buliej I will have a look at the Age website and see if I can find that story I don't normally read that paper.

Lets hope it will all work out positive for all of us in the end. :-)

P.S Sending off the paperwork next week to finally start our first lot of treatments fingers crossed for me.

Mum told me that her cousins children who will be at least 35 now (they are twins a male and a female) were actually IVF babies.
    not possible sorry hun - the first IVF baby in the world turned 30 last year, the first in Australia is currently 28 (and living not too far from me - we grew up together) - your cousin's may have been conceived with help to get their mum to ovulate or something, but the first IVF baby, Louise Brown, turned 30 last year

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast