Thread: cramping during 2ww

jemel Guest

Default cramping during 2ww

Hi all, i was just wondering for those of you who have had a successful IVF/ICSI cycle, did you get period like cramps through it? Im getting them, and my BT isnt till November 15th. Im just thinking the worst. Wouldnt i know if i was pregnant now? I dont feel it. I just feel period pains. I hope its not.

confusedegg Guest

Jemel: When i had my last IVF cycle i had one egg transferred and bad peiod pains around the time my next cycle was suppose to start and did for few more weeks after even after i had my positive BT. I wish you and hope for the same luck with your BT on 15th.

Please keep us posted on your results. My fingers are crossed for you.

Jemel I too had period like cramps in the lead up to having my blood test after my IVF cycle. I was sure that I wasn't pregnant because of the cramps and on the day they called me with my BT results I was prepared for a negative and was completly blown away when they told me I was pregnant. I am now nearly 18 weeks pregnant. I probably continued to have bloating and cramping for the 1st 3 months after my BT. It takes awhile for the ovaries,especially after a positive BT, to get down to it's normal size due to the stimulation drugs.

I wish you all the best and I hope to hear some good news very soon.

I never did a HPT before the BT as I didn't want to get a false positive and to then only be disappointed once the BT came back. It was a very long wait though. Goodluck.

Linda

jemel Guest

Hi girls, thanks for your responses, i hope i am as lucky as you both. I am getting pains like im sure my period is coming. I have to wait 11 more days! Im sure it will come before then. Were you thinking it was coming any day? Thats how i feel, i even went to mow the lawn today, DH said no, but i said i dont think its going to matter now, i really think i will get them. Hearing your stories though, gives me hope. Thanks.

I had cramps after my transfers. Sometimes it is caused by the crinone, or pessaries, other times it is implantation or just your body doing evil things to mess with you mind ( I think!)....

Good luck and try to hold onto whatever hope you have. It cant hurt.... stickyvibes to you!

jemel Guest

HI Keen, thank you, i will try to stay positive, though its hard. I was on pregnyl shots i think. I had 3 shots, 3 days apart. Last one was Friday just gone.

Oh I know - its shockingly hard! And sometimes almost impossible! The shots would certainly interfere with any HPT - so damn it, you will have to wait! WHICH REALLY SUCKS! wishing you success...

confusedegg Guest

Good luck Jemmel. Fingers crossed for you , like Keen said
    'Pregnyl' will definately interfer with HPT. Bugger. Certainly sucks the waiting game.

ann Guest

Good Luck Jemmel,

It would have to be promising, my birthdays on the 15th, sending lots of sticky vibes your way

Ann

Hi Jemel

I had IVF/ICSI and i had the worst period pains/cramps. I had convinced myself it was just another long wait for another big let down. Got the shock of my life when i got a and im now almost 25 weeks !!! Even early stages of a normal pregnancy period like cramps are totally normal and common. I have everything tightly crossed for you.

Lots of sticky vibes, hope you're announcing your very own crazy BFP really soon

Cheers
    Char
    Last edited by CeeJay; November 5th, 2006 at 06:24 PM.

jemel Guest

CeeJay - Thanks so much for your reply, that is really reassuring, you are so lucky, i bet you were shocked. I guess the period pains dont have to mean they are coming, but im sure they are. I hope i am as lucky as you.Ann - Thank you, i hope i am lucky too, my god daughters birthday is the 15th too! mine is the 11th, so lets hope its a great birthday (belated) present.confusedegg - yes pregnyl is a pain in that you have to wait to test. Thanks for the well wishes.

dream bub Guest

HI Jemel,

Cramps are OK, apparently implantation causes the cramps, if they get really bad though beware of Ovarian Hyperstimulation - Ive had it and it can be unpleasant, bad bloating is a telltale sign. Not trying to scare you as the cramps are most likely very normal. Good luck

jemel Guest

dreambub thanks for your reply, the cramps are exactly like period pains, thats why i feel it didnt work. Im praying it has though.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi jemel,

all the best, hunny, for your test results. There was actually a very similar thread about this exact same topic here

Sweetie, you've find a lot of women going through the same things as you in the LTTTC thread here. In fact there are a few in the TWW as we speak! Please don't feel shy to come compare notes with them. They're super friendly and super supportive.

Locking this now.