Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Donor Dialogue

Hi
    Just wondering how you're going Teagan? Ready for the ride of your life?
    Anney, I know you're off on holidays and madly being passionate...
    But, hope you can both pop into this little room when you have a chance for a catch up.
    News on my clinic. They have 'recruited' a few new donors. Hoping they all make it through the 6months quarantine period. So, things are looking up (so to speak).
    I started my flare cycle on Monday with Lucrin and started Puregon on Wednesday. Hoping for EPU early November. [-o< My body responds this time. Rolling rolling rolling.
    Love
    Sue

confusedegg Guest

Hi Sue

WTG Sue,

I hope i heard correctly... you started flare cycle and donor... That is fantastic and things are going great.. EPU November..

WWOOO HOOO..

for sue..

Chris

Hey Mrs Chris, long time no see.
    How was the wedding and honeymoon (not tmi please)? How did you go with your health issues? Forgive me for forgetting....was it gallbladder?
    Where are you at with ttc? Still on track for December?
    Yes, started my meds this week. Really messing around with my emotions this time, quickly too. Swapped them all. This time Lucrin, Puregon and Pregnyl post ET.
    Catch up soon.
    Love
    Sue

confusedegg Guest

Hey Sue

LMAO.. Long time no see...I am happy to hear i have the same suzieq, for one stage i thought you were changing your identity and email etc...

LMAO... honeymoon went off great (going back again 13/11), quick 20 min registry marriage and quick dash to the club for DH to drown his sorrows (After 9.5 years) and i drowned mine for letting him do it on my birthday.... LOL. Believe me as for TMI.. we already had the wedding cake years ago... (JOKE: WHAT FOOD DO YOU GIVE A WOMAN FROM HAVING SEX? A: WEDDING CAKE). His mate (1 of witnesses) told us that on the day..

It was Gallstones in gallbladder... it went off like a zyrtek.. so did my hayfever as soon as i got home.. but got stuck into the telfast real fast.. Gallbladder no longer a problem.. its gone and within couple days dancing on tables... LOL... I can start prep for HRT next week instead of December (Thank lord for keyhole surgery- best decision i made).

Sorry to hear meds they are messing you around.. hope the mess around really gives you abright outcome with a big BFP..

Are you doing 3 or 5 day blastcyst.

I am so praying for you lovey.. (and everyone on BB)..

Chris

Ps i so miss your colourful emails on how great and wonderful your days have been. LOL

^^Bekka^^ Guest

This is so exciting. Can't believe I never noticed this thread before.

How is it all going Sue?

Hi Bek
    It's going really well. Has been a very quick cycle for me - now I know what flare means. Only 7 days of meds. EPU last Friday - 3 eggs from 3 follies - more than I was expecting at my age. ET on Monday - 2 embies on board. Beta on 16/11!!
    Are you in the donor boat in some way?
    Nice to see you pop in :smt039
    Sue
    :luck: :luck:

^^Bekka^^ Guest

Sue - No not in the donar boat, I have just had my 4th and final baby and in the next couple of years I was going to look into being an egg donar, don't know if 35 would be too old then though.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but they pop 2 back in and you have the other one saved for another time? Well will be thinking of you and hoping for the two embies to turn into twins for you!!

Love Bek

Hi Bek
    You're so lucky. 4 kids - wow. I can't even begin to imagine that.
    My third egg didn't grow to be a viable embie so it's gone.
    I have a feeling 35 might be the cut off age for donors.
    I will PM you some info.
    Sue

Melinda Guest

All my love and luck to you for Monday, Sue!!!

Hi Mel, great to see you again.
    Just re read my post - I didn't explain it very well. I had my 2 embies transferred on Monday just passed. Joanie and Chachi on board now.
    Hope you're well. Yep, flare alright.
    Sue

Hey Teagan, how did you go yesterday and today? Hope :smt079 have done their bit and are paddling paddling paddling.
    Hi Anney, hope you can pop back into this thread from time to time to let us know your progress. How exciting for you!!
    Love
    Sue :luck: :luck:

^^Bekka^^ Guest

Sue - Thanks for the PM. I have just joined over there so once they approve me I will be able to have a look around.

I know I am very lucky to have 4 beautiful, healthy children. I think that's why I want to look into doing this, I think everyone deserves to feel what it is like to be a parent.

LOL Joanie & Chachi - I love it!! They will be in my prayers. Hold on tight kids!

BTW - Have kept same user name there as well. Thought it would be easier. Don't have much of a memory to remember other names anyway!

Good on ya Bek. Will see you in there too then. I spend most of my time in the Recipients area - obviously.
    Just noticed you're in Southport. I think there is some kind of ED conference on in Surfers at the end of March.
    Ciao
    Sue

Melinda Guest

Sorry Sue!! I misinterpreted what you were saying there!!

PMSL @ Joanie & Chachie!!!

Yep, J & C is cute. All credit has to go to Chele from LT TTC for that one. And Bluesky. She started the whole idea of naming them the dynamic duo. I decided that might be sexist. So, Teagan came up with Sonny and Cher (I'm a bit of a 60's hippy chick). Then I realised one of them isn't with us anymore. So, J & C it is. It's actually helping me stay positive.

Teagan Guest

Hey Sue...thought I'd drop in and say hi!

And since we are in the donor dialogue thread I thought I'd throw something out to hear other people's opinions.

There has been a lot of talk lately about 'identifiable' and 'anonymous' donors, and which one is preferable. I was wondering if anyone had opinons either way?

I find myself have much of a preference either way, but given how much attention the subject has received lately I feel like I should.

Hey Teagan
    Welcome to the 2WWWeirdland.....
    Anonymous vs Identifiable? Personally, I wanted an anonymous donor (sperm). There are 2 men in my life I thought of approaching. But, the more I thought about it, the more I thought it may create more pressures and complications than joy all round. So, I opted for anonymous.
    I dearly hope any child of mine (check - positive thinking!) will attempt to find their father when old enough. Atm that is the law. I firmly believe every child has a right to know their father. Donor and I are not allowed to find each other atm, but the child can when 18. You have to be in agreeance with that before you sign up. Who knows when laws will change though.
    I am a firm believer in a child being raised in a home that offers love and security. When it comes down to it, that's all that matters. Some of the argument regarding identifiable donors seems to revolve around a child not having a father around. I would rather be a solo parent than raise a child in a home which is less than stable or happy. I'm also lucky too that a do have a lot of male friends. Plenty of male role models!!
    So, that's my $20 worth.
    Take care.
    Love
    Sue

Hi girls,
    Suzi, I left a message for you on AED re your tortuous 2WW. You are right AED is having a "conference" in March in Qld - apparently it is nt a formal thing - just an excuse for a drink and a chat and a get to know you as there are only about 100 members. It should be fun though - so Bek, if you are interested, you could join AED and come to the conference. It is at a resrot at Biggera Waters.
    Tegean, On the known Vs unknown debate, it is very interesting. There was a thing on 4 corners about a few weeks ago. people can have very different views. Personally I feel more comfortable with the known donation as it forces you to face the issues that could affect you and the potential child early on in the process, not 18 years later. I think with an anonymous donation it could be easy for parents to put off telling the child about their origins and even if they do tell them, the child may still be curious. But with known donation, the curiousity can be satisfied early on and it become something the child grows up with. I am not saying that will necessarily make things perfect but I think completel openness from the beginning is great. The egg donor site I am on is interesting as they stress that the needs of the potential child and the half siblings of the child (ie. any other natural children of the donor) is the most important thing.
    I absolutly understand how people would want the anonymous option but I prefer known. OF course it can also come down to practicalities of what is available. For me, to wait for an anonymous donor would take 5 years and I would be 49! but to get a known donor, I can do that now!
    sorry rattled on too much here. Teagan,, which one are you doing?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast