Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: first IVF cycle what to expect?

Sotto,

Just checking in on you ... eight is great! Hope fertilisation goes really well. Waiting for news. Have a good rest in the meantime!

Mel

Eight is a fantascti result - all the best!

Grow embies, grow!!

sottovoce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Keen
    Eight is a fantascti result - all the best!

Grow embies, grow!!
    thanks
    we got the time for ET 12:35 on saturday!!!!
    I have asked the nurse how many embris we got out of the 8 eggs collected?.. she couldn't give me a number... we will find it out tomorrow from DR
    She said everything is okay and they alocated a time to go ahead with the ET.

We kind of decided on one only... but lets hope we have at least one or two grade ones
    to everyone... and update u tomorrow

thats great news!! I am starting my cycle at MIVF next week too but with Dr McBain. I do like Dr Gronow though.
    Hope it all went well for you!

sophabulous Guest

Best of luck SV - I know you're probably having your ET now and I hope everything went well and I am sending you a mountain of sticky vibes

sottovoce Guest

hello to everybody and as promised here is the update.
    The ET was @ 1pm.
    the good news is we done it!
    the bad news is
    Out of 8 eggs collected but the fertilization only hapened to 5...
    but this is not all
    only 2 out of 5 made it ready for ET.
    and the bad news chain doesn't stop here!
    the 2 fertilized ones( stage 4 cells each) are pretty bad ones :mad: grade 4!
    even worst grade 4 can not be frozen either( they won't make the thawing).

One good think after all this bad news ..which hit me as a big brick on the top of my head... we had no more dilemma about how many to put back.
    option 1 put back only one and discard the other one!
    option 2 put back both.
    So we put back 2 of course ... and now wait and see.

dr also said... some of the grade 4 are usualy slow developers.. but still is a chance for the pregnancy to happen...

is this happened to anyone?
    Is there any hope for us?

Dear sotto
    take care of your precious cargo. Keep the blood supplies moving in your pelvis if you can by trying to not be completely bedridden.... (I know it is tempting). Ignore me if that is contrary to the advice you've been given.

Your dr is right, they can be slow developers. Last time our grade2/3 embies turned into grade 1s before freezing. So they can catch up. The best possible place for your embies is inside you for now.

We've had 3/11 and 4/10 so you did ok sweetie. Think positive. These two could be real little fighters!

Kar

ok hang in there babe! we're all praying for you

sottovoce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kar
    Dear sotto
    take care of your precious cargo. Keep the blood supplies moving in your pelvis if you can by trying to not be completely bedridden.... (I know it is tempting). Ignore me if that is contrary to the advice you've been given.

Your dr is right, they can be slow developers. Last time our grade2/3 embies turned into grade 1s before freezing. So they can catch up. The best possible place for your embies is inside you for now.

We've had 3/11 and 4/10 so you did ok sweetie. Think positive. These two could be real little fighters!

Kar
    Dear Kar,
    thanks for the advise.
    My ovaries are still a bit sore.Is this quite normal?
    On the information sheet is stated as normal after egg collection up to 3-4 days?

Sorry to ask this -not sure the 3/11 is 3 embris out of 11 eggs? and 4/10 is 4 embris out of 10 eggs?

sottovoce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danni
    ok hang in there babe! we're all praying for you
    thanks please keep for us

Quote Originally Posted by sottovoce
    Dear Kar,
    thanks for the advise.
    My ovaries are still a bit sore.Is this quite normal?
    On the information sheet is stated as normal after egg collection up to 3-4 days?

Sorry to ask this -not sure the 3/11 is 3 embris out of 11 eggs? and 4/10 is 4 embris out of 10 eggs?
    Sore ovaries.... Ooh yeah! Especially the first time. Your poor ovaries have probably never experienced anything like the bulging and piercing they just did. You'll be sore for a few days but it will go away. If you have to have another stim cycle - it won't be so bad next time, they get toughened up.

And yes 3 embies out of 11 eggs and 4 embies out of 10 eggs. I had 39 and 41 follicles respectively. (I have polycystic ovaries).

sottovoce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kar
    Sore ovaries.... Ooh yeah! Especially the first time. Your poor ovaries have probably never experienced anything like the bulging and piercing they just did. You'll be sore for a few days but it will go away. If you have to have another stim cycle - it won't be so bad next time, they get toughened up.

And yes 3 embies out of 11 eggs and 4 embies out of 10 eggs. I had 39 and 41 follicles respectively. (I have polycystic ovaries).

thanks for always answering my silly questions.I am trying to have some rest.i had last night the first progesterone stuff... pretty scary the side effect list!( we read it only this morning)I have lots of cramps and a mild migrane... they all listed on the list... as comon and very comon side effects! so I am not so worried.
    I realy hope this is working for us! time is not our friend @ all!

sottovoce Guest

Unhappy

Hi all, I am feeling very very low...4 more days to the blood test! friday 1st sept.
    I know is pretty normal to feel like this... but I also do not feel like i am pregnant @ all
    I have terrible headaches... almost like the ones you getting before your period.
    I am looking for a miracle...must be a miracle... since had only 2 embies and both grade 4... can't expect much!
    Sorry to bug you girls but just needed someone to tell this... someone who actualy understands what I am talking about.
    Honestly do you think there is any chance

Hang in there! I just conceived naturally before starting ivf! theres always hope

sottovoce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danni
    Hang in there! I just conceived naturally before starting ivf! theres always hope
    thanks ... i did too before... but I am too old now.... turning 44 in 2 weeks time!
    I have one child (20year old) from my previous marriage... and had 3 years ago a natural pregnancy with DH... but @13 weeks no heartbeat.....since than TTC and

sottovoce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LtJules
    Hi Sotto
    Thinking of you lots.
    Fri will come before you know it. Try some chocolate for the headaches.
    love Jules
    chocolate sounds good...may help with
    I can't concentrate on work or anything @ the moment!
    Not even sure If I want friday to be sooner or later!

Sotto
    It's really hard - these last few days waiting for the BT. It is one of the hardest, most excruciating parts of IVF. I know that being told that your precious embies are grade 4's has not helped your optimism on this either.

There are other gals in here who did end up with BFPs and didn't feel pg at this point either. There is still a chance. And even though the statistics for those of us in our 39+ is not brilliant, there can still be miracles. I found that I had to chant little positive affirmations to myself whenever I had a negative thought in my head. I found I was overcome by negative thoughts way too often. And I'm NOT one for smulshy hoopy stuff. But I kept imagining a net made of golden light around my womb protecting my little ones and nurturing them. And I kept telling myself that my eggs are ok, my embryos are ok and it's going to be ok.

I also know exactly what you mean about not knowing whether you want friday to come sooner or later. It is such a mixed blessing. On one hand once you know, you know and if its a BFN - you so want to be back to not knowing. Here's praying for a BFP for you! Fingerscrossed for you Sotto.

kar

sottovoce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LtJules
    It's exactly 23 hours till our ET. Not that I am counting or anything.
    Choc always helps. I made the biggest load of choc chip macadamia cookies on the weekend. Want the recipe?
    good luck with the ET.Recipe/ yes thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast