Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: first IVF cycle what to expect?

sottovoce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kar
    Sotto
    It's really hard - these last few days waiting for the BT. It is one of the hardest, most excruciating parts of IVF. I know that being told that your precious embies are grade 4's has not helped your optimism on this either.

There are other gals in here who did end up with BFPs and didn't feel pg at this point either. There is still a chance. And even though the statistics for those of us in our 39+ is not brilliant, there can still be miracles. I found that I had to chant little positive affirmations to myself whenever I had a negative thought in my head. I found I was overcome by negative thoughts way too often. And I'm NOT one for smulshy hoopy stuff. But I kept imagining a net made of golden light around my womb protecting my little ones and nurturing them. And I kept telling myself that my eggs are ok, my embryos are ok and it's going to be ok.

I also know exactly what you mean about not knowing whether you want friday to come sooner or later. It is such a mixed blessing. On one hand once you know, you know and if its a BFN - you so want to be back to not knowing. Here's praying for a BFP for you! Fingerscrossed for you Sotto.

kar
    yes we need a huge miracle!!at the moment is everything is negative in my head and trying very hard to think positive and concentrate.
    DH is a bit less calm and collected than the usual...

sottovoce Guest

thanks sounds great!

Good luck Jules

Hi Sotto,

hang in there mate. I was sure I was not pregnant after my 2nd IVf cycle, as I felt Af was on her way for sure and I was pg. ( Unfortunatly I lost it) So there is always hope. I also think it is hard to read you body when you are trying so hard to read it. Sending you much Sticky vibes!!! I have everything crossed for Friday.

PS. I am glad that you do come in and say what you need to. that is what we are all here for. It really does help to get it all out!

How are you holding up Sotto?

sottovoce Guest

hi girls and thanks for thinking about me.
    Is A BFN which was expected... I had cramps and started bleeding since tuesday morning.
    But I am not giving up yet... I did the blood test this morning... and got the result an hour ago.... but i already made apointment ... yesterday with Dr Gronow for saturday morning... just got the last available apointment !
    The nurse also asked me.if want to start again.?. when she rang me with the test result... which wasn't a surprise...so i am not 100% crushed... I can't be i need to be strong and get ready for the next round!
    I had a big cry...but ..
    I am a fighter and i will try again and again.
    I hope to be able to start a new cycle straight away...

sottovoce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LtJules
    Oh Sotto
    I am so so sorry. I wish I could ease your pain. I know you must be disappointed, to say the least, no matter how prepared you were. I admire your courage so much. I'll be thinking of you all weekend as you start preparing for round 2. HUGE HUGS.
    Jules
    thank ... yes i am dissapointed but I have no time to waist and cry over the "spilled milk"
    The nurse rang me today... and she said setting up the cycle chart for me... and probably start the pill after apointment with DRGronow ( tomorrow 10.30)
    You are on your second IVF cycle as well? What stage?

I am so sorry Sotto.

Good to hear that the ball is rolling for cycle no.2.

Hugs to you

sottovoce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LtJules
    Sotto -
    We've had two embies transferred on Tuesday. Just waiting till the 9th now for the blood test. Waiting waiting waiting. I go back to work next week but have told everyone I am going to take it VERY easy.
    Doing loads of cross stitch to take my mind off everything. Had brunch with friends and am having afternoon tea with some girlfriends today. Resting when I can. Can't seem to sleep between 3am and 5am. That's driving me crazy and I have no idea why.
    Julesy
    good luck! It is good to take it easy ...have lots of rest.
    Lets hope 2nd time lucky!

sottovoce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by daisy
    I am so sorry Sotto.

Good to hear that the ball is rolling for cycle no.2.

Hugs to you
    yes it is rolling!!!!
    started the pill saturday... hopefully only one packet this time
    It is pretty dissapointing the result... out of 8 eggs we had only 2 (grade 4 ones)... 2 more fertilized but ...did't survived the next day.
    Doc said maybe wasn't a good month... and 8 eggs were a fantastic number... pretty confusing
    We will also increase the gonal f to 600 units( instead the 450 last cycle) and instead of the synarel spray... will do with lucrin... so hopefully no migranes.
    In a week time will get my chart from the nurses.... and yes the ball is rolling again.
    Keep in touch

Sotto- my first cycle I had 9 eggs. With only 1 making it to ET. The doctors said then it was a good result. It is just hard to hear that. Especially when you want 2 transfered and some in the freezer! My second cycle was my lucky cycle. I honestly cant remeber how many I got, I think it was 13. ( but not sure) Anyway at day 5 I had 4. So 2 transfered and 2 in the freezer. I got that BFP with 1. Hoping you will be lucky 2nd time around.

sottovoce Guest

Red face second round in progress!

Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    Sotto- my first cycle I had 9 eggs. With only 1 making it to ET. The doctors said then it was a good result. It is just hard to hear that. Especially when you want 2 transfered and some in the freezer! My second cycle was my lucky cycle. I honestly cant remeber how many I got, I think it was 13. ( but not sure) Anyway at day 5 I had 4. So 2 transfered and 2 in the freezer. I got that BFP with 1. Hoping you will be lucky 2nd time around.

Sorry girls for my big silence for the last month or so.... quickly update you.
    I had my second cycle IVF... OPU on the 13th of october.. only 5 eggs collected and only one...grade 3... so better grade than last time and the other 4 wasn't geneticaly okay to be transfered....bloody age problem!!!
    I had the transfer on the 15th and waiting for the BT on the 30th!!!!
    I an on crinone gel... and gives me some sort of cramping and a bit of headache...not too bad.... I suffer of migranes and I managed this ones even without one panadol!
    I need to ask you this question...it never happened to me before...my nipples started bleeding this morning after shower..just toweled myself just the usual...when finished realised a few drops of blood..and very painful :-( ..my breast are tender...but nothing too bad.
    Help! is this normal?

confusedegg Guest

Daisy and sotto

I was same last year i had a cycle of 6 eggs at epu and 4 made it to day 5, had 2 transferred and 2 frozen. Got Bfp with twins unfortunately i lost them both at 21 weeks (incomp cervix). I had FET and 1 egg transferred and BFN. we then decided fresh was best and had frsh cycle and kept frozen one (incase there was none at ET) we had 8 eggs at epu and 1 egg made it, it was avery low grade (not sure grading) and transferred it anyway. Got BFP. I truly hope you get a BFP soon.
    Last edited by confusedegg; November 3rd, 2006 at 03:38 PM.

tryinghard Guest

hi all, my name is sam, we are in the middle of waiting for a pregnancy result, itss been a week since they put the eggs back, i have 14 and 8 frozen which we are wrapped with becasue they thought we mite have had to have doner sperm, but my hubby pulled through. i was just wondering if anyone can tell me if they had a blood test the following week for estrogen and progesteron levels?? i had one and they where est:250 and prog:19 would any of you know if thats any good, my clinic doesnt seem to think so, well thats the impression i got.

thanks heaps sam

I think that progesterone level is a little low, but I think if you are concerned call the clinic.

That is a great result for frozen bubbas!

tryinghard Guest

well heres hoping then that those levels will climb over the next few days before the big blood test on monday

Good luck hun

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123