Thread: IVF at Concept (Perth)

Default IVF at Concept (Perth)

Hi everyone, I am a newbie. DH and I have been TTC#2 for 2 years and have recently been "diagnosed" with "unexplained infertility" It was just yesterday that I decided to start IVF (with Concept) starting in 3 weeks time.

I am a little scared and feeling anxious, but try to be strong and hope for the best. I am wondering if anyone has experienced IVF through Concept. I would really appreciate any comments/feedback/info that you can share with me.

ME (30)
    DH (33)
    DD (5)

Welcome to BB. I wish you much luck with your IVF journey.

I have not been to Concept, but I do know well the emotional rollercoaster that comes with being on the IVF road.

Please feel free to join us in the LTAC thread. I found the support there really helps.

baby_love Guest

Hi Pascalia,

I too am doing IVF/ICSI at Concept. I am under Erica Shellabear. Honsetly I have found all the girls there absolutely fantastic. You can never ask too many questions and everyone is very eager to help and very Informative. I have been made to feel really comfortable with all my procedures (have done 6 months on Clomid previous to this). I have not undergone Egg Collection as they are still trying to get my levels of Gonal f right - not had a great response so far - but all I can say is that I am very happy with everyone so far. I hope your TTC journey is a short one - maybe I'll see you at the Clinic someday......talk soon.....

Alex

I have done 3 IVF/PGD with Concept with Dr Graeme Thompson, 11 IVF with Pivet and 1 IVF/PGD with SIVF.

I have found concept and particularly my Dr to be great. Best of luck.

Please feel free to ask whatever questions.
    Last edited by Magic; May 17th, 2006 at 12:06 PM.

Hi girls, thanks very much for your feedback, and best wishes.
    I feel a lot better now knowing that all of you are happy with Concept. I haven't yet heard anything bad about the staff/service of Concept. I am with Dr Nichols. He gives me options whether to do impirical treatment (eg: clomid) or IVF. His preference is IVF.
    Last Sunday I had my first appointment with Concept. The coordinator (forgotten her name) went through everything with me. A LOT of information to absorb DH and I were quite overwhelmed by the time the session finished.

During the meeting, we mentioned to the coordinator that we have a holiday plan in July going overseas for 2.5 weeks. We planned this holiday since last year, so things are pretty much organised. The coordinator suggested to start IVF after we come back from our holiday. Before the meeting, I was actually very keen to get IVF started ASAP this month. But after the coordinator laid out the timing for the procedure, it looks like by the time we do the ET etc, it will be end of June and close to July. DH is very concerned if the holiday would give any risks or have impacts on the IVF success. So I agreed to wait till August to start IVF. Hm...I'm just hoping that miracles happen between now till the time I start IVF. Who knows...I may be PG by luck in the next couple of months. I heard people get PG during holiday hehe...

Heard nice things about Dr Thompson and Dr Shellabear. Would you know by any chance which doctors that have regular roster in Concept? I'm not sure if my doctor does this. But I was told that your own gyn would perform the EPU and ET. But what about the other procedures such as ultrasound, etc?

Thanks again for any info you can share with me.
    Best regards
    pascalia

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Pascalia,

the ultrasounds are done with whichever Dr is rostered, but your EPU and transfer will be done by Chris. I also only just realised I'd flagged your email to me from ages ago for reply when Charlie was asleep and then promptly forgot all about it. :eek: I'm so sorry! I can only blame lack of sleep.

I'll get onto your questions in the next few days!

love
    sushee

Hi sushee, nice to hear from you I actually wondered if my email got to you...but again I thought you might have been extremly flat out with your new little prince. Hope things are going well with you. Look forwards to your reply to prev email. Regards

baby_love Guest

Hi Pascalia,

All my ultrasounds etc have so far been done by Dr George O'Neill and Dr Mazzuchelli. Both are very nice......Chat soon
    Love Alex xox

Pascalia,

I've finally replied your email! Lol!

love
    sushee

Hi again. Glad to know the staff and doctors at Concept are all nice. Have heard that Dr Mazzucchelli is a little rude for some in particular for those who are overweight. But not sure if this is true, not that I'm particularly concerned about this since I'm not treated by him...and I think I'm far than being overweight I'm 46kg, but I'm only short (152cm) ;D
    Anyway, I'm very hopeful that my journey is a short one. Have to make sure I stay focus and positive which I found very hard at times.

Alex, yes maybe I'll see you next time at Concept

sushee, thanks very much for your email. GOing to read it now!!

Pascalia

How's it going Pascalia?

Hi magic, sorry haven't been in belly2 for quite sometime.
    As I mentioned in my earlier post, we decided to postpone the start of IVF till we return from our holiday end of July. In the meantime, I just keep trying to conceive spontaneously although hope is running low for me

How are things going with you?

Aly Guest

These posts all seem old (April 2006) I am doing IVF with Dr Nichols. 1 cancelled cycle, 2nd unsuccessful but have 1 FET which will be done next month. How's everyone else going?

Hi Aly,

Dr Nichols was my FS and I now have an IVF baby who is nearing 10 months old, conceived on our 8th cycle. pascalia (from above) is actually now pg from her IVF cycle. Why don't you come join the other girls in the LTTTC forum here, they are incredibly supportive and welcoming!

Hi Aly, hi again sushee, hi everyone...

i'm so annoyed!! just wrote a long message, and it dissappeared after I clicked on the submit button! hm...well i still have a bit of time before I go to bed...

Didn't realise it is a long time since I started this post. Although i said that I was going to start IVF soon then, I didn't get to start till late Nov-Dec 06. I was busy and at the same time I had a second thought about trying IVF (chickened-out actually ). I tried accupuncture for a short period and the herbal meds, but I gave up too soon. When I finally started IVF, I nearly had my first cycle cancelled because of the risk of hyperstimulation (can't remember the correct terminology). But I insisted that I want to go ahead. I'm glad that I did. I'm now 11 weeks pg, EDD is 08/09.

Chris was my FS and is now my ob. Thought he's lovely and quite funny sometime. I remember right after I had my transfer done, he showed me a serious look with his fingers crossed right in front of my eyes and he said "you've got to keep doing this!".

Aly, I wish you the best of luck for your FET next month. Hope your journey won;t be much longer. Happy to chat with you anytime, and please feel free to ask any questions...

take care
    pascalia