Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Feb 2007 #2

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

OMG Keen! I'm so excited for you! Yayayayay! You have made MY week!

Bg - so sorry to hear of the loss of your nan, there really is nothing like the love of your nan but she will always be with you.
    You probably remember just b4 xmas we lost our 16yr old cousin & there are days that's it's still tough but if you & your family stick together you will get through it.
    I too believe things happen for a reason, but most of the time I'm just not sure why???

Bw - sorry to hear your feeling so miserable atm, here's hoping you feel better soon.

Holly - fingers crossed for you!!!

Willow - is it starting to sink in yet? (I know you are scared as well though).

Megan - how is this wait treating you?

Well after all my so promising 'symptoms' I feel like it was all for nothing.
    All last night in bed & today I just feel like I am about to get af, when I woke up I had pink cm which for an instant I thought it might be implantation but at 11dpo I wouldn't think so.
    Every time I've wiped today (sorry) there has been the tiniest speck of red or brown cm & if I wasn't looking for it I probably wouldn't find it but I am just feeling af is on the way.
    I am so angry at myself because I haven't allowed myself to dare think I'm pg for probably 12 months now but this time I just had so many symptoms.
    I still have to go for my b/t Friday but am feeling so not confidant anymore.

Sorry for the down post, enjoy your valentine's evening everyone!

Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 33
    TTC #1 since June 2005
    this will be the year!

Go Keen go!!!

AWESOME news sweetie! Couldn't be happier for you guys.

Am warming quite a few seats for you ladies over in preggie land, don't keep me waiting too long, I don't wanna get lonely!!

Jo, I'm so sorry sweetie. Please hang in there, I had heaps of spotting during my first prg with my DD from about 11dpo till about 14 weeks and she's now a happy and healthy 2 yr old. With my second prg I had none, and as you know we lost our angel at 12 weeks, so it truly is not an indication of much at this point. I will continue to pray that this is the cycle for you!

I don't know that it's fully sunk in yet but I made my first appt with my Ob today which was just bizarre, but my clinic told me yesterday to do it early to ensure I'd get in. I will be seeing him at about 12 weeks which would have me feeling a little vulnerable but i'm pretty sure my FS looks after me until 12 weeks so I know I'm in the best hands during this tough time. I've heard good things about this Ob, both from girls in the area and here on BB, a few of the girls have had their babies with him and he is quite hard to get in to see so I'm pretty happy that we've managed it, I'm hoping he's as good as my FS - I'll be soooooo sad to leave him, he's the BEST dr ever! He is actually an Ob too and I'd love to keep seeing him but I don't think it's going to be very practical because I think he only delivers at St George hospital and that's a long way from us.
    Last edited by Willow; February 14th, 2007 at 07:10 PM.

Hi All

Firstly - Go Team Keen - what wonderful news

Jo - Sorry to hear that you think AF is on her way - fingers crossed that it is just her playing tricks on you.

Alex - I agree - Party at my place and everyone is invited!

BG - So sorry to hear about your Nan. I am a firm believer in spirits moving on and carrying on their work from above.

BW - Sorry that you aren't feeling the best. I totally understand what you mean though about the feelings changing when others get BFPs. I used to say congratulations but hope that they couldn't hear me mumble "Baah Humbug" but now I am genuinely excited by people's positive news - just hoping that it will be me one of these days

Summer - sorry about the test results and silly people not telling the truth. Got to hate that. I agree with Loula. Write everything down and then at the end quickly go through your list and check that you have covered everything. Don't ever feel bad about posting - the love that we are sending about here at the moment is for everyone, not just those having a good day, and I think is more important for those who aren't. Best of Luck tomorrow.

Willow - must be a wonderful feeling calling an Ob and booking in. I think that it would kind of make it official in some bizarre way in my head.

Holly - I am with SIVF and while their 'policy' is to only do single transfers I do know people who have requested 2 and received them. I think if you had a think about why you really wanted two and discussed this with them there is some scope for altering the policy. But, having said that, fingers crossed that you have all the right signs this month anyway.

Hi to everyone I have missed - we are a bustling little community these days aren't we.

Bring on Friday with all of its excitement

Holly - I was with SIVF in the past and they refused to ever transfer two back from a fresh pick up - they would if it was a frozen cycle though. They said it was because of my age they wouldnt. But now Im with IVF Australia and they are letting me put two back from a fresh cycle, because they consider what you have been through already despite your age.

If you put your foot down and have a good enough argument , you might just get your way, sweetie

dream bub Guest

BG - Sorry about your Nan. Its always hard to lose a loved one. Thinking of you.

Jo - Dont give up yet - could be implantation - you never know.

Summer - Writing down your questions is very smart - I did that last time after 9 failures and this time I feel more empowered with knowledge (the internet is an amazing thing) . Its imprtant to keep asking until you understand everything. I used to think it was up to the doctors to fix me, then I realised I am responsible for myself and have really taken more action to demand things (doesnt help of course if they seem to simply tell you somehting thats not correct).

Holly - Ive always had 2 transferred, but I am with QFG in Brizzy. I think though they arent keen to transfer two if you are under 30. Still though I would put my foot down ...

Megan - Willow - still thinking of you both & your great news.

Lou - Hope you are coping well with the 2ww by spoiling yourself.

As for me - another day down in the 2ww, 6 days to go and counting. TO be honest this time its eems to have gone quickly even though I still feel quite awful. Cant stand up for more than a few minutes without feeling a bit faint.....

BG - sorry to hear about your nan, hope you are doing ok. I lost my nan a few months back to - take comfort in the fact that she's in a much better place now and doesn't have to go through anymore suffering.

Keen - that is just great news, i'm so excited for you

Summer - Grrr at getting the wrong information from your Dr. Goodluck with your FS tomorrow, i hope it all goes well for you guys. Deffinatley agree with writing down your questions you want to ask.

BW - glad to hear your starting to feel better. How long do you have to take the Synarel for?

Jo - hang in there! My fingers are tightly crossed for you. Hope the witch stays away.

Holly - hope you have a BFP this cycle then you won't have to worry about changing clinics!

Taffy - how are you going?

Dream bub - Hope the rest of the TWW goes as fast and the first part!

Hi to everyone else - it's been pretty busy in here the past couple of days. I'm sending lots of babydust to all of you in the TWW (and those who aren't!) - goodluck to everyone who is testing tomorrow.

BG, So sorry to hear about your Nan, but I'm sure she will understand about your difficulties and is up there making every effort to help you achieve your dream. Just because someone has passed doesnt mean their energy isnt around anymore to help you!! And I agree that the timing would have been terrible for treatment regariding all the stresses you are under at the moment.
    Keen, great news for you and your treatment. I bet you are getting really excited now...
    Clare, I agree with what you said about couples being so much stronger who have gone through FT. We feel exactly the same. We have seen each other through the tough times and that has made us so much closer and understand each other better.
    Megan and Jo, hope that wait is almost over for you!! and GOOD LUCK both of you.
    Sushee, I just went and looked at your success story. OMG what a great story!! I really had to contain myself not to cry when you spoke of your unsuccessful cycles. So happy it all worked out for you and hopefully for all of us in here too!! No wonder you have so much knowledge! I always found my self too stressed to really take in everything they said at appt so I am hoping to get more out of it this time around.
    Me... still 11 or so days till AF when I can book on. Will be having bloods probably on my birthday (19 march) Hope this is a good sign.
    Another note for whoever said about treatment always happeneing at a bad time... I had to give myself the trigger inj. in the car at a wedding reception once... not so good for the stress levels.. I had to sneak out during the speaches!!Then theres the needles when unsuspecting weekend visitors come to stay etc etc. you all know how it works.
    And as for catching up,,, yes please!! I can picture a lovely lunch date with all you ladies. Lots of glasses of iced water and low GI meals all round!!!!

that lunch date sounds awesome sazz! can we try and time it for a day that isn't as hot as it is here in Vic at the moment (or a nice air conditioned restaurant!!!) - it really would be good to spend time with others that have been or are going through the same battle, wouldn't it?

thanks again for all your kind wishes girls. things are going to get worse before they get better over the next few weeks (my dad's family have been at war for ages over SO many things, and it's started over Nan's estate about 12 hours after she died - it's sickening) - but i have a fantastic hubby who is so supportive, plus i've been through it all about 20 months ago when DH's brother passed away, so i know what's coming, and i know we can survive it - so i'm focussing on other things - srugeon visit tomorrow to find out WHAT surgery they actually have to do on my mouth, and WHEN, then FS appointment after the funeral on Monday - to work out the next plan of attack

plus, on a totally different note - have to try to find the envelope with the OPK's in it - i seem to be having a fair amount of EWCM - so maybe the cancelled injections still did "enough" - here's hoping!

DJTTC I hope that today has been a better day for you. Good Luck tomorrow
    Thanks Taffylou for your sweet and kind reply. I really do appreciate it.
    I hope everyything goes very well for you Keen
    Dreambub Cheers for that advice. I was so hurt and angry at the doctors. I think I tend to lead towards doing too much research on things, but after having family members being told they are ok, and yet turned out they didnt, always a little worried. Pusing the fast forward button for you in the TWW
    Boo Thanks matey. I owe you a long email on the weekend
    sazzafrazz Heres hoping the birthday injections brings you truckloads of luck
    BG Good Luck with the surgeons visit

Work went so fast today cant beleive tomorrow is D day. Im sure tomorrow will as well with my work load.Filled out most of the forms last night and DH was not listening, and then he turns around from watching TV, and says there is no way that question is on there. I wont write what i asked but it was asking about what activities you had participated in! teehee.

Summer - i am so hoping your FS gives you some much needed good news tomorrow! i'll be thinking of you - your test results aren't what you were hoping, but i'm sure they'll have a plan of attack for you.

Hi summer - i hope work going fast for you was a good thing and that you have managed to prepar a few Q for tomorrow? im wishing you all the very best with tomorrow and that i will be thinking of you and hoping that your FS is able to give you all the answers that you need.GL

Sorry ladies totally not related but we are going to meet our new puppy(s) on the weekend

we have decided to take in a rescue pup and as its a small dog we might be getting two!!The ladie just sent me an email to say another the same age came intoday and may be a good friend for the one we are getting. Yay

Summer, sending you loads and loads of good vibes for the appointment tomorrow. It's come round way quicker than I thought it would. I'm just a little sad that I'm going out with work colleagues for my birthday so it will be fairly late before I get home to hear how it all went.

Lou, how exciting with the puppy! I hope you get equally exciting news of a new arrival down the track very soon too.

BG, how exciting! It would be great if things were working enough to make you ovulate anyway and you end up not needing any further treatment. Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Sazz, that meet up sounds awesome! Count me in!

Boo, I'm on the synarel right up until the trigger shot before egg collection, as best as I can figure out from the instructions I've got so far. The good news is that I've had no more headaches since I woke up this morning, so it appears that my body has finally got used to it and isn't reacting so badly now. I still have the stuffy nose, but definitely doing a lot better with it now than a few days ago.

DJ, I hope that AF has realised she's not welcome and is leaving you alone!

Me... as I said, the synarel side effects seem to be reducing and I've been much better today with arthritis pain, too. AF isn't being quite so nasty, and my acupuncturist says that the fact that I had another heavy, clotty period so close to the breakthrough bleed means I have a nice, plump endometrium and that's a really good sign, apparently! Monday is coming around so quickly... I'm starting to get really nervous about things, the synarel was one thing, but it just feels like the injections are the real part of the IVF process. Scary and exciting, and hopefully it will work first time around!

BW

Hi Girls, just wanted to say a HUGE good luck to everyone waiting on results, having appts etc tomorrow. Sounds like a pretty big day all round.

Megan, will be checking in tomorrow evening to see your wonderful news I'm sure!

Oops! Forgot Megan! Sorry.

Megan, I'm sure everything will go well tomorrow, but I can imagine just how nervous you are. Keeping everything crossed for you!

BW

Loula - how cute - new fur babies are always nice (nor quire as good as having a bubba of your own, but almost! we have a heap of fur babies, the youngest are the two kittens we got a fortnight or so ago! i'd be lost without our furbaby menagerie!

to everyone who has appointments/tests tomorrow - good luck and hope you all get he results you're after

Just poping in to wish the bestest to Megan for her bt, summer for her appointment and im sure theres someone else with somthing exciting happening today but pls forgive me (i think its too early)

Anywhoo GL ladies will be thinking of you today

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast