Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: IVF with PGD #6

Just wondering....does anyone know why doctors say it takes 2-3 times for IVF to work? I've heard a few of you say your doctors have told you this. Is it our bodies and the meds...or what?

Kimmi, I am dying to hear your PGD results!!!???

Mia's mama- it is purely based on statistics of past patients.

Hi Jaki!

Ok, they ended up testing 12 embryos. 2 were ok (from what they could see) 6 were totally inconclusive and no results were obtained and 4 where no good. We had one transfered yesterday, and apparently is was quite a good embryo. The 6 that had no results are being retested. They took cells yesterday (on day 5) and them froze them all so they can take their time looking at the quality.

How did you survive your TWW jaki? It's only the next day and I'm doing my own head in. Any advice would be fab!

Ok great to get a transfer. I hope they get some more good results!
    As for the 2ww I have no idea how I made it thru! I do know the first time was alot harder, I was constantly on the 2ww thread on here and altho the women are awesome it fed my obsession. So in my 2nd 2ww I just kept busy at work and with friends, and I stayed away from the 2ww thread. BUT I'm not saying you should avoid that support if it works for you.

Xoxo

I think you're right! I'm likely to get a serious obsession going on! Can I ask how long after the transfer did you get your bfp?

I had a BT after 10 days. I did a HPT after 8 days and got a very light positive line. That just messed with my head as I was then convinced it was another bio chem pg. After the BFP I did another HPT and it was still light but a little darker. My HCG was 107. I think you need pretty good numbers to get a dark line. I won't say don't do a HPT but sometimes it can make you feel worse.

I think I just need to keep busy and hope for the best - You know! So anyway, how is your pregnancy going? Are you getting all the morning sickness, cravings etc?

Positive thinking love!
    Well ive just about got every symptom going! But i certainly will not complain!!!!!!!!!! Bring it on i say!
    xoxo

Kimmi- great to hear you've had some success with your embryos! Good luck for the last bit of the 2ww. On my cycles where I had +ve UPTs, they were positive from about Day 9-10 but I think everyone's different.

Ladydax - sorry to hear about the long delays, it sucks. That's the problem with PGD, especially the rarer genetic conditions. If my partner uses her eggs, we'll need to wait 6 months or so for the test for haemophilia specific to her, or else use sex selection to only put back female embroys (it's an X-linked condition so females can only be carriers, not have the condition). We'll wait and see how we go this cycle.

Mia's mamma - from my reading, it seems that >60% of eggs in even young women are chromosomally abnormal, hence why if takes so long for many couples to get pregnant naturally. I spose that's why it can take a while to get pregnant, even with embroys without the genetic condition.

AFM, injections have been fine, EPU tomorrow! About 14 follicles at last count, and we'll find out Friday regarding a possible transfer. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much after being devastated over and over again. But I am a little bit excited! (and nervous!)

Good luck Kimmi, thinking of you over the next week or so!!!! Let us know how you go!!!

Good luck foxy!!!!!

Hi Foxy,

I was so glad to see your post. I was wondering how you were going. All the best for your pick-up. Please keep me up to date! I've really got my fingers crossed for you foxy.

It's so hard, not that I claim to have been through what you have, but I do understand.

Let's hope this is the cycle for you!!

Kimmi xx

How's the lines coming along foxy?

I'm so glad we are back online!!! So spewing we lost all our posts! I didn't get to read your last one kimmi if you can remember what it said? How are you doing?

Good luck tomoz foxy!

I know, how frustrating. I lost the last 50 or so posts.

I'm doing ok. Can't complain. Just still dealing with wishing things were different, you know?

Looking forward to some good news from Foxy

Hows your pregnancy going? 12 weeks now, have you had a scan lately?

I know exactly what you mean, and trust me i NEVER thought id be in the position i am now. I thought we were being punished, and now i wonder what we did to deserve it. It is a total mind F*.
    I had my 12 weeks scan yesterday, it was very exciting and everything is going perfect HB is 182 tho, a bit fast for a boy so that could be interesting.
    xx

Hi guys,
    Pity about losing the posts!

Kimmi- hope you're doing ok

Jaki - glad to hear everything looks good on the scan!

AFM, got the blood test yesterday as I had some really bad cramps overnight on Monday night - level was 199 which is good; having another tomorrow so will let you know. Lines are still getting darker though so I'm finally allowing myself to dream a little...

Foxy congratz!!! 199 is awesome! Mine was 107. If it's doubled well tomoz I'd say a possibilty of twins

Foxy, congrats on a great hcg level! Don't stress too much about the cramps. The first sign of pregnancy for me is always a heavy crampy kind of feeling. Similar to what I get the day AF is arriving, but when I am pregnant I get that feeling 3-4 days before AF is due. That's how I knew I was pregnant with DS before I got my BFP, and I was sure I was pregnant with this little girl before my hpt lines started getting darker too. I guess the uterus is super smart and knows it needs to start stretching and changing as soon as the embryo implants

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast