Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: IVF with PGD #6

Default IVF with PGD #6

Welcome to IVF with PGD forum. This forum is for those that are undergoing IVF with Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis..

This forum provide a space to discuss the issues associated with undergoing IVF with PGD. Please keep the discussion relevant to the forum topic. If discussion becomes more general in nature you will be directed to the LT or LTTTC/AC general discussion threads.

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows:

Rouge Admin
    Lenny Moderator
    MadB Moderator
    nothing2lose Moderator

To contact any of the above, please see this post.

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

The last thread is HERE
    Last edited by onthefly; April 7th, 2011 at 09:17 PM.

Thank you so much ladies....
    One thing i will say is thinking back to our very first appointment with the geneticist is that he told us that statistically it could take 3 FRESH PGD cycles. At the time i thought pfft no way, but here we are 3 fresh cycles later.
    The reason i am telling you this is because i know you all struggle with wether PGD is worth it sometimes. And for us it was easy as we had no other choice.
    xoxo

Hi Ladies,

I"m joining this forum for the first time... I'm undergoing my first IVF cycle with Pgd and I'm just really looking forward to learning from your experiences and hopefully finding some wisdom in your words when times are tough.

Kimmi

Hi Kimmi, I wanted to wish you the best of luck for your first cycle. Hopefully it only takes one cycle for you It took us two cycles to fall pregnant with our precious little Apple Blossom, but we had some really bad luck with chromosomal abnormalities with our little embies. Fingers crossed you will have much better luck.

I think the best advice I can give is to not stress to much about things (yeah yeah I know, it's much easier to say than to actually do, lol). To be honest, I'd read so many horror stories about how hard IVF is, and how sick the drugs can make you etc etc, that I was rather worried when we started. But I must admit that it was much easier than I had expected. Of course it was devastating when we got bad news with our first cycle, and then it was heartbreaking when we found out that in our 2nd cycle we had only one healthy embie from 21 eggs, but one was all it took for us! So it just goes to show that you just need to stay positive and little miracles can and will happen!!!

Aww thanks for the reassurance Mylitta! I will most definitely take your advice on board, and like you, I am not (so far) finding the medications any where near as bad as I thought they were going to be. I had a small shocker on the weekend, which I can only attribute to Cetrotide, but other than that, I've been fine. I even managed to get to the gym this morning at 5:30!

I'm having a scan tomorrow and that will determine if I have my epu on Friday or Monday. I'm hoping Friday, but happy either way.

At my last scan, I only had 6 Follicles reasonable follicles and many smaller ones, so here's hoping the little baby ones have grown.

I have severe PCOS which is where our fertility issues come from, and then DP is a carrier for Chromosomal issues that previously caused the death of his brother and sister, so we are absolutely keen to avoid that, hence the PGD.

I am feeling good about it all, optimistic, but certainly not expecting a miracle this time around.

I really look forward to getting to know you ladies much better.

Kimmi xx

Welcome Kimmi..!!

Hope your cycle continues to go well. I found mine went better each time, in all ways.. emotionally, physically and of course successfully.
    My advise would be that if you are determined to not pass on DP's gene do not give up on PGD. It is a much harder journey than regular IVF and i almost gave up so many times. But like is said each cycle your FS will learn and you should find more success.
    x

Thanks Jaki! Just an update. I went to see the fs today and my cycle has been cancelled. So now I have to wait for AF to turn up so we can start again.

(deep breath in)

I hope you don't mind me lurking around this post until we start again.

Kimmi

Default I'm hectors

Kimmi,

I have to agree with the other ladies...it's such a frustrating process. Not just that, but we build up so much hope and it's so hard when we get bad news. It was for me at least.

My husband and I finished our first cycle a month ago. All embryos were perfect, but all had chromosomal problems. It devastated me. But, we'll give it another go - maybe in October. And, I am feeling much more optimistic. But, we gotta be optimistic right?! haha.

take care!

oops, typed that silly "image verification" into the title of my last message "I'm hectors"!?

this time around I got "amputated magazine"- that would have been much funnier as a title

haha, ok Hector's! I'm glad your magazine isn't so amputated after all!

Well, yes, you are right. We have to be optimistic. I'm sorry to hear about your last cycle! That's especially frustrating seeing as you had all those wonderful embryo's ready to go.

Let's hope October is a better month for you!

Kimmi

Kimmi im so sorry! Thats really got to P you off hay. (((((hugs)))))
    But like i said before is the best thing about a bad cycle is your FS should learn from it and make the next one better.
    And stick around for sure! As long as you guys dont mind me hanging around too! xoxoxoxoxoxo

Thanks for that Jaki..... You're right, it will make for a better 2nd cycle and that's all I can hope for.

I just can't wait to start the injections again.... Is it weird that I miss them?

Not at all. I guess it makes us feel pro active... like we are actually doing something to 'make a baby'.
    Maybe thats how regular people feel when they DTD to make a baby. hehe
    x

haha, I love it! I've never thought of it like that....

In my mind, knowing mine and DP's issues, I never really relate DTD to making a baby. So I guess that's why I take so much pleasure in my injections. At least it leaves DTD for enjoyment purposes only! No pressure there!

Hehe

Congratulations Jaki!!!!!! You must be thrilled!!! Have you had an US yet? What a relief after all the stress.

Hi kimmi, sorry to hear about your cancellation. Why did they cancel it?

I've started the pill and waiting to start injections in a week. Yes, I look forward to the injections too, feels like we're finally doing something rather than waiting around!

So 3 fresh cycles hey? They told us to do at least two; I guess I'm tossing up what to do if this one doesn't work, but I suppose it's worth another go. What do you guys think?

Thanks foxy! My scan is tues the 10th. I will pop in and let you all know how it goes.

I think give it 3 tries, but i still also think it would be lovely if you used your partners eggies
    xoxo

Hello ladies!

A question for you all...I had my period almost 2 weeks after egg retrieval (right on time as doctor told me to expect). But, now my period is 5 days late, 5! Insane I tell you. I am usually like clockwork, 28 days. Maybe all the ov stim...my body is slow this month?

Did any of you have a late period after your IVF/PGD cycle?

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast