Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: IVF with PGD #6

Mia's Mum, nurses keep saying quality is as important as quantity. One of PGD nurses told me she has been doing PGD for 9 years and she saw many women with great number of follicles have very few embryos survive to day 5. I know she was trying to comfort me. What I can see is your egg quality is very good. I just feel very surprised that out of your 6 miscarriages and 10 (? correct me if I am wrong) embryos from your 2 IVF cycles, none of them is normal. I have mathematical/statistical background myself, such sample size should be able to at least provide a few normal ones if they follow the theoretical distribution (1 in 3 or 4 ? it seems your chromosome abnormality is similar to my DH's).

AFM-they did biopsy on 2 embryos this afternoon, results will come out tomorrow morning. Number 3 is not ready to be tested today and number 4 stopped growing this afternoon. still have to wait nervously, which is the worst thing in the world.

So true Molisa.... quantity is not good if the quality isnt there. My first cycle i had 13 eggs and by day 5 had no viable embryos. 2nd cycle 15 eggs and only 3 alive on day 6. Then 3rd cycle 17 eggs and a very successful quality cycle.... im not sure if it was changes i made in my life for that cycle or if it was just my time.

The mathematical odds is tricky also...... I could not wrap my head around the fact that cycle 2, 3 embies biopsied and a perfect split in results.. 1 affected, 1 carrier and 1 unaffected. And then to get to cycle 3 and have 7 biopsied and all unaffected. It blows your mind........ The scientist explained to me after i accused him of testing wrong that each embie has its own set of odds, we cant see them as a whole unit. So yes a miracle occurred to me but not in the eyes of science

I just want to wish you and your little embies the best of luck for tomoz! I will be praying and anxiously awaiting news that you have had your transfer! xoxo

I'm so sorry Molisa. My heart is breaking for you. Xoxo

Hugs Molisa.

But also it's a positive sign that you were able to get 3 testable embryos at day 5.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast