thread: Is it just me, or is Synarel not THAT bad?

Darily Guest

I didn't even think about emailing Fleur, that's a great idea.

What is Kate's email address (you can PM it to me). I'm sure Fleur's will be the same, just change of name?

That's wierd about the leg cramps. I haveb't heard about that as a side effect before.

Jan 2004

Cadence, I had leg cramps when I was sniffing Synarel, along with horrible mood swings, the hot flushes and headaches and migraines.
    I was sniffing twice a day for 3 months, and found it didn't agree with me all that well, but it was what I had to do.

Aug 2006
    Melbourne

I didn't even think about emailing Fleur, that's a great idea.

What is Kate's email address (you can PM it to me). I'm sure Fleur's will be the same, just change of name?

That's wierd about the leg cramps. I haveb't heard about that as a side effect before.

you can just Google staff at MIVF and their emails are listed! GL

Apr 2005

Hey all,
    Quick post am not feeling too great today! Hope everyone else is well.
    Darily it is [email protected]

Darily Guest

Hope everything's OK Ann and you're feeling better soon.

I have my down reg scan tomorrow morning, so hopefully I'll be starting stims too.

Then we can both feel hormonally crap together

Mar 2008
    mid north coast, nsw

good luck ladies... it is a process isnt it

i start sniffing tomorrow...glad to be moving forward, but not looking forward to expected headaches

Darily Guest

Possums - I'm on day 13 of Synarel today, and still not much to complain about.

I mean, every now and again I feel a little heavyness in my head but by no means is it a thumping headache or anything to really worry me. I hope you have no problems with it either.

I had my down reg scan this morning and all is clear, so I start stims tomorrow night. I go back for my stim scan to check out what my follies are doing next Monday.

I am hoping, wishing, praying that I respond well to the meds and have a good little nest of eggs to choose from

Apr 2005

Hi all,
    Possums, I have lurked and read lots of your posts in the past. I am glad that you have joined in this thread and I really hope that this cycle is the one for you.
    Thanks for your post Nic, it is good to know I am not alone however the leg cramps have lessened a little lately.
    Darily am glad that your down reg scan went well and that you are starting stims! Fingers crossed for you, thanks for the offer of being hormonal and crappy with me, am feeling a little better today.
    AFM I have my scan on Wed and am hoping and praying that they say yep you are ready for your epu even though I highly doubt it.
    To everyone else, I hope that good news is just around the corner.

Darily Guest

How did your scan go today Ann?

I hope everything went as planned and EPU is just around the corner for you.

Apr 2005

Hi Darily,
    Thanks for asking about me, I posted in the other thread earlier but didn't get a chance to post here! It went well, will be having epu on with Mon or Tues next week, had 20 follicles which I guess is good, Kate said that all is going to plan. I will know on frid afternoon whether it will be mon or tues. How are you going?

Darily Guest

That's a great response, 20 follicles . . wooo hooo!

How many days have you been stimming for? Looks like the 200iu suits you well.

I'm hoping I can get a number in the teens with 150iu. Time will tell, I have my stim scan with Fleur on Monday morning.

Fingers crossed I'm heading to ER late next week.

Mar 2008
    mid north coast, nsw

candence- sounds good so far!

Darily- glad you are feeling ok

afm- sniffing and like last time it is making me feel sick/get headaches etc. Ah well...if it brings us a baby at the end it will all be worth it!

good luck everyone

Apr 2005

Hey all,
    Darily I will be having my epu on Monday and my trigger tomorrow night!
    That will mean that I will have been on puregon for 9 days by time I have epu so pretty good result considering last time when doing OI I was on injections for 3 weeks before creating even 1 follicle!
    Possums, am sorry that synarel is not agreeing with you and hope you feel better soon.
    Am nervous/excited about egg pick up and transfer, anyone have ideas on what to expect or any tips?
    Good luck to everyone

Darily Guest

Hi ladies,

Just posting an update.

I had my first stim scan on Monday after 6 days of 150iu Puregon and I have 5 follicles on the RHS between 10-14mm and 4 follicles on the LHS between 10-11mm.

Fleur has upped my dose to 175iu for Monday and Tuesday, and I'm back for another scan Wednesday morning. She said I should end up with around 10 mature follies at ER which was her plan.

I am looking at EPU either Friday or Saturday at this stage, but maybe even Monday if I need to stim a bit longer. I'll know for certain at tomorrow's scan.

I was hoping for between 10-15 follies, but I can't really complain about 10. I just need to keep telling myself that it's the quality not the quantity that will matter in the end!

How did EPU go yesterday Ann? Do you have a fert report today as yet? I'm hoping they got lots of mature eggs from your 20 follies and that they are fertilising well.

Emily

Apr 2005

Hi Darily,
    Thanks for asking about me. I hope all goes well for you and you have your epu soon! I posted in the other thread. They collected 9 eggs and I am going in tomorrow morning for my transfer but I don't know how many eggs were mature or how many fertilised. I guess I will know more tomorrow- will keep you posted.
    Take care and thanks again for asking about me.

Jan 2007
    Regional Victoria

On the Synarel part - I got pins and needles in my hands and lower legs/feet. Burning sinuses after a week or two, and those horrendous hot flashes. I started to get the headaches when I find out it wasn't working anyway. Give me Lucrin any day. Not a single side effect of note thank goodness.

Mar 2008
    mid north coast, nsw

sonya- that's good to hear...glad thats been better for you. yes, i rather hate the synarel! I so hope it is working this time

darily- good luck..and yes, quality, not quantity...my friend recently got 24 eggs, but most were imature..she ended up with 3 fertilised....so more isnt always better

Meo Guest

Hi ladies, I've been posting in the forum but wanted to put in my Synarel symptoms here for those looking. I found that I got really itchy skin, particularly on my legs and fingers. It was very weird.