Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception Dec 2007

We're seeing him in the city - but his nurse did mention to Lou about having the BT at St George... I'm driving her to the airport which is out that way anyway.. (in a round about kind of a way..!! )

Will have to talk to her and see what the nurses advised!
    Mel - You should tell the nurses that you know us too - She prob will put you in straight after

Think we have the definition of 'support' between each other under control, all being there at the same time, hey?!

Sushee - I will definately tell him about the support he has here and to check it out - I've done that with naturopaths, etc that girls here have referred me to.

Does hubby need to go too or just me...cos he said the big boss is away on hols that week leavinghim in charge but he is happy for me to fly up.

Mel, the only extra test that Dr S did with DH was a DNA fragmentation test for the sperm, and that's only because we'd not had it done before hand. It's one that you should be able to get done with your clinic locally, I'd imagine.

BW

cool...now i just have to get over my fear of flying by myself and all is good.....hmm maybe mum would come up for the day?

BW is right - Neither my nor Lou's DH's are coming, the nurse told me if he wanted to order any tests for DH that they could be done locally - They said it wasn't necessary for him to come.
    I double checked because its our first visit with him but they assured me its fine.

Let me know if you want me to PM you the phone no that I called for the city rooms... I'm sure if you mention you're coming from interstate and that you're flying up at the same time as Lou they'll just put you in - she asked me if I wanted 11am or 12pm so the spot straight after me was available this morning!.... How funny
    Last edited by Hollybolly; January 15th, 2008 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Signature!

well i am having the biopsy done and was told that this could be done on Tuesday/ Thursday!!but am seeing him in his city clinic. its all very confusing for me at the mo really but i guess that because i have no idea where anywhere is in Sydney.lol

I'm going on my own (if you don't count Holly!)

with regards to getting the appointment i had one booked in Sept/Oct last year which only would have made it a few weeks. but was unable to make it due to several reasons and also doing the whole natural thing!!but i am looking forward to the visit and meeting up with a few names. I have been having email contact with Dr S since June and he has always been quick to reply to my emails.

mel - i fly out Wednesday night and fly back to Melbourne on Friday night, as i was going to do a bit of shopping and stuff, also Dr S receptionist said i would get the biopsy done on the Thursday then the BT early the next day?????so that why I'm staying til then?? but i don't really understand if you are saying the BT is the thing done on the Tuesday/ Friday?? much check tomorrow!! If you really want you can fly with me i have no issues keeping you sane for a hour or so.lol

well thats putting it all out there i guess. like i said Mel pm me

Hi lovely ladies (and Slyder!)

Happy new year to everyone in LTAC!

I am back from a few months break and looking forward to getting back into the swing of things with cycles, scans, b/ts and injections - I can't quite believe I am typing this! After such a long break and having decided to postpone my uni studies for the first half of this year, we are really hoping that a change of job and city will mean my stress levels are down and my health is up, so we have a better chance of TTC this year.

Had my first appointment with the new FS in October last year and she was excellent. She is suggesting a different protocol from the previous two cycles (different FS) and was concerned about the amount of FSH I was being given but still with a poor result quantity wise. The word she used was 'poisoned' - yikes! Anyway, am looking at having lucrin and FSH injections so that will be 2 per day - sounds better than synarel to me! Anyway, that was all set to go until my FS left SIVF in a storm of controversy so now we are on a forced wait. Next appointment with FS is 29 January to discuss how we continue treatment with her and go to Sydney for EPU and transfer with Next Generation Fertility. DF is a bit concerned about the travel and the extra stress that will put on me, but I am not so concerned. Still we shouldn't rule out Canberra Fertility Clinic - if anyone has experience at CFC that they would like to share, I would appreciate it. I posted a thread in the LTTTC & AC forum but have had no replies so far.

Oh and I am thinking about asking to get a lap done - while I don't think I have endo, I have had some bouts of painful AF even when on the pill and this time around the pain and bloating is hanging around at CD3 which is very unusual for me. Am I crazy to have an elective lap? I just feel that maybe there are more stones to be upturned.

Anyway, enough about me. Seems like FETs are the order of the day around here. How exciting! And whether you are having 1 or 2 transferred is going to be such a personal decision. I would love to have 2 transferred next time, partly because of the hassle we have even getting me to transfer (I want to make the most of it) but I am now thinking maybe I would like to have 2 rather than 1 (there's nothing like aiming high is there?). My old FS had recommended transferring 2 if we got them last time, unfortunately only 1 egg fertilised. Last time I spoke to DF about it (before the last transfer) he was definite - only 1, so am holding off talking to him again... there are few things to sort out first before I go putting the cart before the horse (again! )

BW - good luck with this FET - you deserve so much happiness

Holly, PP and MelBel - good luck with your appointments and tests with Dr S AND you get to go shopping and have some girl time in Sydney together. That sounds like fun all by itself - maybe I should come up and just do the shopping part?

Take care all
    Chez xx

Hi all,
    Please don't take this badly, but I don't really want to be in here! I guess If I gotta be, at least I am in good company.
    Brief history: 12 months of natural/clomid, 12 months of IUI, 2 years off, and one IVF/ICSI cycle for us to try and conceive a second child, all with no luck. We are starting cycle #2IVF/ICSI in a couple of weeks (when AF arrives). We had no frozens from last cycle, 2 low-ish grade embryos, both transferred 2 days after EPU as standard at the clinic. No idea what to do about egg quality. I just turned 30, so age shouldn't be a huge factor yet. Last cycle was down reg, this one will be flare, and the dose slightly lower, since last time it all happened hard and fast. With a slower build up, I hope the eggs might be better.

I swing from moments of great positivity, to sheer terror. I have always been an overthinker, this must change! I look forward to catching up on where everyone is, and in sharing the journey with you all.

Welcome, Kell. You are correct - changing the way you cycle may make a big difference to egg quality... too hard, too fast isn't exactly ideal - it's pretty much what happened to me at my last stim cycle, and the first for that matter! My PCOS ensured we still got plenty of eggs, though and I was lucky enough to get a few into the freezer each time. No fresh transfer on either for me. Good luck with the new protocol, and I like forward to getting to know you more as we travel this journey together.

BW

Hi Everyone

Welcome, Kell - I know you don't want to be in here... Neither do we, we all want to become graduates & get out of here!

You're right, though - Couldn't be in better company, and we'll do anything we can to help you along the way

A change in cycles will make all the difference... I've done 4 full stim cycles with natural therapies/acupuncture with the last one, and each cycle has been really different.

The most important thing (If you're an 'overthinker') - I think is to only let yourself think about each day as you're in it.
    Its just too hard with AC to try and plan and work out how things should be going ahead of time - things always pop up and can change from hour to hour, let alone within the weeks of a cycle
    Take it as it comes, and then you won't exhaust yourself with things that haven't happened yet.. Thats what I've had to learn, as IVF has made me have to come out of my comfort zone in the fact that I have to be in control 100% of the time.
    Once I realised that it wasn't possible to be in control with IVF, things became a lot easier!

Best of luck to you, and we're all here for you... Hope your stay in here is a quick one

xxx

Hey Mel - Did you manage to get in to see Dr S???!

Nah Holly not yet....waiting for a time when geoff and I can go up together and as the big boss is away till mid feb wont be before then.

Good Morning Ladies

Welcome Kell, lets hope your stay is short and sweet!

Just a quick one, saw the FS this morning and im fine to do a medicated or non medicated FET as soon as i want to im CD31 at the moment. But DH and I decided we are going to sit out a Jan/Feb and take each month as it happens. We are doing really great at the moment and just want to enjoy that for now without hormones and periods of menopause arghh! Saying that it was extremely hard to say "no we need a break" and stick to it. So this month i keep on the diet and keeping shaking that IVF weight loose (3.4kg so far) and enjoy my DH. Oh and Cheer cheer cheer for you girls!

Good luck with the Dr S appointments, welcome back Chez, and fingers crossed BW!

Shan

rather hazy Guest

Hello ladies, I'm new to this thread & only very new to this whole forum. I've 'moved' from the Donor Conception Thread.

DH & I were told in December that he had no sperm - so we immediately considered donor. But my DH just had a testicular biopsy conducted by our FS and sperm was found.

We are now taking the IVF option.

Am I in the right thread? I'd hate to start blabbing if I'm in the wrong place.

We have our appointments with Sydney IVF on Thursday. We'll be seeing the accounts department, counsellor & nurses. I'm sure they'll give us plenty of information. But I love the stories & support this forum gives, so I just want to be sure I'm in the right place.

slyder Guest

Hi Rather Hazy. You can either post in the Long Term Trying to Conceive and Assisted Conception area, or here in Long Term Assisted Conception, depending on which you feel is more appropriate for your situation. Cheers.

rather hazy Guest

Ahhh, yes I'm sorry, I am in the wrong area. We're only about to start IVF.

Thanks for the heads up Slyder :-)

Well done on the weight loss Shannon! 3.4 is a good number. Thats what I have lost since joining WW 3 weeks ago. Having lost close to 5kg all up, I am already feeling a whole lot better.
    Enjoy the rest of your break. I am sure you will definitely feel the benefit of giving yourself more time.
    I've enjoyed my AC break so much over the last few months I am dreading starting again. My feelings change on the subject almost daily, but I am really not looking forward to going again. Not even for my non-medicated FET.
    This month marks 3 years of TTC for us. I honestly dont know how people keep going. Some days I really just feel like giving up and living my life the way I have for the last few months....without putting everything on hold for ivf.
    Don't mind me.....just feeling very over it today.

Oh Megan i can definately relate we hit the 3 year mark last Nov and well it really sucked! And yep even after writing that post i went home begging DH to rethink our decision and go this month, even though i dont think i really want too i just keep changing my mind every 5 mins. And lol yep we are doing the WW thing as well our 3rd weigh in is tonight so hopefully hoping to reach the 4kg mark! Well done you sound like you are going great! And crazily enough i think its perfectly normal to enjoy not taking hormones, injections, egg pick ups, transfers, crazy hormone gel/pessaries and just living life and finally having some control over what is happening! I say enjoy! And when you will know when you are ready to jump back on the rollercoast... well you will for 5 mins, and then change your mind every 5 mins! :hugs:

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast